Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
bearrowland

Re: Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

Post by bearrowland »

It's amazing how close these bootleg knives look to the real thing. The difference is literally skin deep.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
WestonKnives

Post by WestonKnives »

These have to be fake
Nice to meet ya! Feel free to reach out to me anytime... I’m just starting out on my collection :spyder:

Favorite: Paramilitary2. Spyderco: Ambitious, Tenacious, Paramilitary2. Byrd: Cara Cara2 Plain Edge, Rescue2, Stainless Steel Handle Hawkbill
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I just discovered the fake PM2 from China issue is far more pervasive than I would have guessed. A coworker of mine went to a Gun Show last weekend and said there was a guy selling Spyderco PM2's for $40.00.

I exclaimed no way that guys selling Chinese Knock offs. (Actually I said something that is probably not permitted to be repeated here shiny flipping foot prints Grrrr.....)

He said the jerk even admitted it laughing, I said oh yeah who was he? He did not remember, but I am glad he did not buy one, I had warned him they were out there and he remembered.
WestonKnives

Post by WestonKnives »

Nice to meet ya! Feel free to reach out to me anytime... I’m just starting out on my collection :spyder:

Favorite: Paramilitary2. Spyderco: Ambitious, Tenacious, Paramilitary2. Byrd: Cara Cara2 Plain Edge, Rescue2, Stainless Steel Handle Hawkbill
Zvinets

Post by Zvinets »

I was randomly searching for another Spydies on my local buy & sell app after getting a legit Manix 2 XL yesterday (yay :p :spyder: ). Today I came across this comedic fake...

*(this post is for comedy purpose only)
*(I didn't purchase said fake ofc. $9.46 for one I better off saving up for Resilience and many more that I want for my next)

*(Shamely not shameful to admit tho that honestly I have bought 1 piece of PM2 clone for $10 out of curiosity to feel one before I ever owned or handled a legit Spydie. Thing felt cheap & have this random plastic handle advertised to be "Carbon Fiber" despite how real it looks. Dead giveaway for fake on the non transparent Spydie logo on the box, compression lock is somewhat of thin square block, thing snaps to pieces after 30th Spydie flick)

*Totally a support advocate today by buying legit ones only from that day and espc after handling a legit product. :spyder:

** Anyways back to topic, Photos below.
Warning it might (Will) hurt your eyes.

In the name of abomination, behold:
the "Spyderco" P1238 SxFc25413
Attachments
20082019115351_4.jpg
20082019115349_3.jpg
20082019115346_2.jpg
20082019115344_1.jpg
*Spydies in Care :spyder:
1. Manix 2 XL - named "Fluffy" (19/8/2019) :)
2. Military S30V, G10 Camo - simply "Millie" (6/9/2019)
3. Police 4 LW #189V (5/11/2019)

*Wishlist Spydies :spyder:
PM2 M390 (DLT Exclusive, Crimson scales), Native Chief, Military S110V - 204P, Police 4 (K390), PM2, Resilience, Tatanka, Amalgam, *to be continued
:spyder:
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

^ Yikes, that's ugly!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Zvinets

Post by Zvinets »

Hiya everyone, firstly sorry if this is wrong place to post my following question..

I need help in verifying a Spyderco Resilience (8cr13mov) as I saw a tempting good deal $47 for one. However I'm afraid that I might end up having a fakey if Resilience copy exists out there.

Does Spyderco produce Resilience that is sold in such packaging? *(Photos provided below)

Cheers :) :spyder:
Attachments
Close up view of the back
Close up view of the back
s-l400 (2).jpg (31.05 KiB) Viewed 13714 times
Apparently the backside of the packaging
Apparently the backside of the packaging
s-l400 (1).jpg (24.89 KiB) Viewed 13714 times
Loose Package?
Loose Package?
s-l400.jpg (18.45 KiB) Viewed 13714 times

PM2 M390 (DLT Exclusive, Crimson scales), Native Chief, Military S110V - 204P, Police 4 (K390), PM2, Resilience, Tatanka, Amalgam, *to be continued
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Zvinets wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:04 am
Hiya everyone, firstly sorry if this is wrong place to post my following question..

I need help in verifying a Spyderco Resilience (8cr13mov) as I saw a tempting good deal $47 for one. However I'm afraid that I might end up having a fakey if Resilience copy exists out there.

Does Spyderco produce Resilience that is sold in such packaging? *(Photos provided below)

Hi Zvinets -

Yours looks just like the one I bought at Walmart last Friday, packaging and all. You don't say where you bought it from.. If it was a reputable seller, I wouldn't be too concerned. It's a great knife.. enjoy!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Blueboost

Post by Blueboost »

shao.fu.tzer wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:34 am
Been a long time since I've posted, but I spend about an hour a day reporting sellers offering knock-offs as the real thing. I'm sick of seeing people fall for it and pay real Spyderco prices. They have no idea that they've been duped, and Ebay never does anything about the sellers that I report. I have gone so far as to purposefully overbid on counterfeit knives and then not pay, citing that the knife is a counterfeit. Sometimes, all I have to do is win the auction, and the seller will immediately cancel my order, knowing that I'm knowledgeable enough to know that they're scamming. I've called Ebay CS multiple times and they always give some convoluted "we can't keep track of every listing" type of answer. The problem is, I've been sending multiple reports on some sellers for months now and they continue to operate unimpeded, selling $25 knives for $160. I sell some Spydercos on Ebay and it hurts that I'm only making $20-30 a knife on the real deal while these guys are making a fortune duping the innocent. It degrades from Spyderco's reputation as well as hurting my income. Before the counterfeits really started hitting, I had a pretty successful knife business on Ebay - now, I'm constantly being questioned if my knives are authentic and have seen a steady decline in sales as the counterfeiters move in en masse on Ebay. I'm trying but Ebay seems more concerned with making a $ than busting the bad guys. Spyderco, you need to move now and shut these guys down.
eBay is a lost cause. Mine as well be shopping on AliExpress. If it can or has been faked, don't buy it on eBay. You may be losing business but eBay is losing a TON of business as we consumers take our business elsewhere due to their BS which is becoming common knowledge. eBay is a terrible platform for sellers anyway. Last time I listed a bunch of stuff I got scammed out of my items and funds. eBay's policy on absolutely every problem is- "lol"
Zvinets

Post by Zvinets »

DSH007 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:50 am
Zvinets wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:04 am

Hi Zvinets -

Yours looks just like the one I bought at Walmart last Friday, packaging and all. You don't say where you bought it from.. If it was a reputable seller, I wouldn't be too concerned. It's a great knife.. enjoy!
Hiya DSH007,

Sorry for the late reply as I was away with things for a while. Ah I see..kindly thank you for your info on this one :)

I end up didn't get the Resilience (more like missed the shot lol) and the source is from the Bay from pretty much a new seller. Maybe it's a good thing I missed the shot..

Since there are still other more legit sources with good values. From the Bay however, I end up snatching a PM2 DLT *love the Crimson Red on that one :spyder:

Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

POS knife on Amazon Australia being advertised as a PE Pacific Salt.

https://www.amazon.com.au/SPYDERCO-Paci ... way&sr=8-9
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I think this Bastion Slice looks an awful lot like a spydercard, with an 'updated' g-10 handle and hourglass clip.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
CranstonSnord

Post by CranstonSnord »

Zvinets wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:17 pm
I was randomly searching for another Spydies on my local buy & sell app after getting a legit Manix 2 XL yesterday (yay :p :spyder: ). Today I came across this comedic fake...

*(this post is for comedy purpose only)
*(I didn't purchase said fake ofc. $9.46 for one I better off saving up for Resilience and many more that I want for my next)

*(Shamely not shameful to admit tho that honestly I have bought 1 piece of PM2 clone for $10 out of curiosity to feel one before I ever owned or handled a legit Spydie. Thing felt cheap & have this random plastic handle advertised to be "Carbon Fiber" despite how real it looks. Dead giveaway for fake on the non transparent Spydie logo on the box, compression lock is somewhat of thin square block, thing snaps to pieces after 30th Spydie flick)

*Totally a support advocate today by buying legit ones only from that day and espc after handling a legit product. :spyder:

** Anyways back to topic, Photos below.
Warning it might (Will) hurt your eyes.

In the name of abomination, behold:
the "Spyderco" P1238 SxFc25413
That does not look in any way like any Spyderco I have ever seen. That was passed off as a clone?
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Releaseroffish, it really helps to know where you got it.
Higher

Post by Higher »

Hello. I am new here.
I am very worried about fakes.

Tell me, can this be a fake?
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6i0kWlIotF ... ps7h4g88vj

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6f1xEQoHbc ... 44145hx8yb

He asks for 24 and 27 dollars.
If this is fake, then how to deal with it?
I use translator most of the time.

There was a link to the old Spyderco catalogs.
Releaseroffish

Post by Releaseroffish »

Real?
Attachments
2259F80E-2432-4605-94AB-45ED0F618363.jpeg
04331B77-46CF-473E-A88F-945AFF0DB70C.jpeg
blastvortex

Re:

Post by blastvortex »

tonydahose wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:03 pm
if you ever to want see all (or almost all the fake ones) just go to the chinese ebay...i typed in spyderco in the search and 2100 items popped up...the real ones have a much higher price

http://search.eachnet.com/search/c3B5ZGVyY28=--0-2.html
Set off my security software non-stop till I closed everything. Had to reload everything I had up. Thanks for the support. Not!!!
79bolo

Post by 79bolo »

That one is definitely fake.Is my local listings I will guy know but is not first time he is selling spyde on letgo.
https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/spyderco- ... 242728bf44
greghutch

Post by greghutch »

Spyderco native with no logo on the blade is this a fake..
https://i.imgur.com/oPSsQDc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YrVEsUg.jpg
Sony8432

Post by Sony8432 »

Hi, I recived an endura 4 this morning, I bought it in Amazon for 78€ (in Spain this model cost 120€ ), I tought it was really a good deal but now I think maybe it’s a fake one because the seller changed the price after I bougth it( now it cost 107€). Deadwood knives Llc is the seller, seems to be an honest dealer. Someone knows about them?

The blade seems to have “lightly” stamped letters :confused: