What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:27 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 am
Resized_20200402_165015.jpeg
Rick, I've always thought the millie would be way too big for me, but your pics always make me want one, especially in that combo. Love that green! Wish I'd snagged it in the pm2.
I love that combo as well! I feel the same way about the PM2, I remember it being available but for whatever reason decided not to put it in my cart! I'm not as big of a fan of the Para 3...but got one preordered so I can have the combo in a more pocket friendly knife than the Millie.

The Millie is weird to me. It's big, but it's not! It's long, but thinner than the Shaman's that we love. I like that there seems to be like 3-4 comfortable grips I can use as well on that big handle. It's very light weight as well. I'm sure it's better to carry in the back pocket, but I've always got my wallet and a notepad in my back pockets so I carry it in my front pocket. Not a terrible fit, but tough to get my phone out if sharing the same pocket.

I'd say if you find one for a good price, or a combination you desire, give it a try! Seems like another good outdoor knife for when you're at your cabin, maybe it would be the one to get your husband interested! ;)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:59 am
JuPaul wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Rick, I've always thought the millie would be way too big for me, but your pics always make me want one, especially in that combo. Love that green! Wish I'd snagged it in the pm2.
I love that combo as well! I feel the same way about the PM2, I remember it being available but for whatever reason decided not to put it in my cart! I'm not as big of a fan of the Para 3...but got one preordered so I can have the combo in a more pocket friendly knife than the Millie.

The Millie is weird to me. It's big, but it's not! It's long, but thinner than the Shaman's that we love. I like that there seems to be like 3-4 comfortable grips I can use as well on that big handle. It's very light weight as well. I'm sure it's better to carry in the back pocket, but I've always got my wallet and a notepad in my back pockets so I carry it in my front pocket. Not a terrible fit, but tough to get my phone out if sharing the same pocket.

I'd say if you find one for a good price, or a combination you desire, give it a try! Seems like another good outdoor knife for when you're at your cabin, maybe it would be the one to get your husband interested! ;)
Yeah, I think if we see one in 4v or k390/10v I'll jump on it. The secondary market prices on the one you have are too rich for my blood! I also pre-ordered the para3 as I think I'm going to like that green better than the red m390 I have. So I'll decide and sell one of them.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:59 am
JuPaul wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Yeah, I think if we see one in 4v or k390/10v I'll jump on it. The secondary market prices on the one you have are too rich for my blood! I also pre-ordered the para3 as I think I'm going to like that green better than the red m390 I have. So I'll decide and sell one of them.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
anycal

Post by anycal »

Peter
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JuPaul wrote:
I have one that’s been stuck in California for a few weeks... Looking forward to getting it one of these days
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:06 pm
Don´t get to see the Sage 3 too often.. I think I´d really like it! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
There was something polarizing about that model. Folks complained about both of the handle scale options and they complained about the subtle changes in dimensions to accommodate the lock.

Back when this knife was new to me it was carried a lot. I love it. It might be the smoothest knife I have ever owned and the lock is rock solid. I just really like it.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:48 pm
Wartstein wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
There was something polarizing about that model. Folks complained about both of the handle scale options and they complained about the subtle changes in dimensions to accommodate the lock.

Back when this knife was new to me it was carried a lot. I love it. It might be the smoothest knife I have ever owned and the lock is rock solid. I just really like it.
I love mine. Looks and feels great. However my finger and thumb tips are sore after a day of fiddling with the lock.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:48 pm
Wartstein wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Such a shame that use of the bolt action lock is not more widespread. I can understand this from Spyderco's POV as they have their own proprietary CCBL. Spring tension seems to be somewhere between the CCBL and Axis lock. The Bolt Action on my 30+ year old Gerber Bolt Action Folding Filet is very smooth. Has that kind of hydrolicky Sebenza-esque feel to it.
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Rambo approves :D

bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

This one's really starting to grow on me...
-Turbo
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Holland

Post by Holland »

Got bored yesterday and decided to convex the edge of my vtoku delica

Not pretty, but cuts like a lazer now!

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

IMG_20200403_164201sm.jpg
This was my first new Spyderco in ~6 months, since i lucked out on the Crucarta Shaman. :cool: :spyder:

I had so been focused on the Rex Native that i hadn't even picked up or eyeballed the Black Jack for a couple days until this evening. The Jack is my other newest knife and it has been since the beginning of the year-- which is starting to feel like half a lifetime ago. :eek: :rolleyes:

Last year was a banner year in knives for me. This year will be a little slower and steadier in my acquisitions. :cool:

The FRN Rex Native is the absolute value champ of this sprint run! Such a little pony car hotrod-- i wanna call it the Bitchin' Camaro.
f1add2f99bec5875bc1f8472c7721fee.jpg
Edited to add: Okay this color is closer:
12291ba825e3353b6cd39f600e17574b.jpg
Some Dead Milkmen for your listening pleasure: https://youtu.be/1v3CzvQ9e_w
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I don’t think I’ve even heard the name Dead Milkmen since 8th grade...
JMM

Post by JMM »

The two new additions to the family, Shaman DLC SE S30V & Native5 LW - Rex45... the serrations on this Shaman are amazing, I've honestly never experienced serrations like this, tore through a bunch of boxes and rope with greater ease than anything I've ever owned. Me Likey!! :D

Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Holland wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Nice! 👍
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Holland

Post by Holland »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:54 pm
Holland wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Nice! 👍
Might follow in your footsteps and do this to a few more of my users, it's a lot of fun, and pretty rewarding
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE