Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Snacktime

Re: Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Post by Snacktime »

KW in stock and have been great for the last few purchases.

In for a native and lightweight para 3, one will be my Easter gift and the other my birthday gift.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

You kids seem to be really fond of that backlock. I'm gonna set my sights on one and give it a try... but I'm skeptical.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:59 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:54 pm
Been wanting a Native 5, thought this would be the one...but already having a Manix and PM2 in Rex45, I don't see anything the Native would do that they couldn't. Trying to think logically here!

I can think of 3 reasons to pick Native5 in addition to Manix2 and ParaMiltary2:
  • Blade length of just under 3 inches makes it legal in more places
  • Not as wide when closed so less pocket space
  • Back lock
I agree for a long time I was looking for the perfect do everything EDC Knife. This included using them in the Kitchen which was an outgrowth of needing something to cut lunch with at work.

I forget now which member chided me and said get a Magnetic Knife rack since I lack Kitchen space. I believe he is a pro chef as he showed a picture of his knife roll which was presented as an option. At any rate I did and got some respectable kitchen knives.

After that my need for larger folding knives took a nose dive as well as my previous Stainless requirement. I kept finding myself gravitating towards the Native5 fully serrated in LC200N I own. Then once I tried Maxamet in a PM2 that was it for me I purchased the Native in Maxamet and it has not left my pocket since.

Wanting to try REX45 for the first time the purchase was made earlier today for a REX45 Native 5 in G10. Cant say enough good things about this model it is smaller than a PM3 but not by too much and has better ergonomics and I believe thinner blade stock as well.

If I really like this I will be looking to get a CF S90V model next. Also eyeing up a S35VN Partly serrated Native.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:54 pm
RamZar wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:59 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:54 pm
Been wanting a Native 5, thought this would be the one...but already having a Manix and PM2 in Rex45, I don't see anything the Native would do that they couldn't. Trying to think logically here!

I can think of 3 reasons to pick Native5 in addition to Manix2 and ParaMiltary2:
  • Blade length of just under 3 inches makes it legal in more places
  • Not as wide when closed so less pocket space
  • Back lock
I agree for a long time I was looking for the perfect do everything EDC Knife. This included using them in the Kitchen which was an outgrowth of needing something to cut lunch with at work.

I forget now which member chided me and said get a Magnetic Knife rack since I lack Kitchen space. I believe he is a pro chef as he showed a picture of his knife roll which was presented as an option. At any rate I did and got some respectable kitchen knives.

After that my need for larger folding knives took a nose dive as well as my previous Stainless requirement. I kept finding myself gravitating towards the Native5 fully serrated in LC200N I own. Then once I tried Maxamet in a PM2 that was it for me I purchased the Native in Maxamet and it has not left my pocket since.

Wanting to try REX45 for the first time the purchase was made earlier today for a REX45 Native 5 in G10. Cant say enough good things about this model it is smaller than a PM3 but not by too much and has better ergonomics and I believe thinner blade stock as well.

If I really like this I will be looking to get a CF S90V model next. Also eyeing up a S35VN Partly serrated Native.

The Native5 CPM-S90V with Fluted Carbon Fiber is really nice due to one of the nicest pure CF on any knife and very light since it has no liners.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

YeeeeerOUCH!!!! :eek: :spyder: Thanks RamZar did you feel the Spyder bite from where you are? Lol

Your valued opinion on the CF Native in S90V tipped the scales. Just purchased one.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:26 am
YeeeeerOUCH!!!! :eek: :spyder: Thanks RamZar did you feel the Spyder bite from where you are? Lol

Your valued opinion on the CF Native in S90V tipped the scales. Just purchased one.
Congrats!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

These River's Edge Cutlery exclusives have shipped to customers:
  • ParaMilitary2 CPM-10V Black DLC Blade Coyote Brown G10 C81GPCBBK2 River's Edge Cutlery (USA)
  • ParaMilitary2 CPM-10V Satin Blade Coyote Brown G10 C81GPCB2 River's Edge Cutlery (USA)

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Smock CPM-20CV Black G-10 C240GP KnifeJoy (Taiwan) is/was in stock.

Rasnowman

Post by Rasnowman »

Any word on when we can expect the lightweight manix rex45? Very excited as I have one fully pre paid for at KnifeJoy.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Para3 CPM-Rex45 Orange & Blue G-10 C223GPORBL Cutlery Shoppe (USA) is/was in stock.

Ric

Post by Ric »

Thanks so much for the info!!!
Now are only 599 available :)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Native5 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRN C41PBORE Sprint Run (USA) is/was in stock at some dealers.

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Of the 8 Spyderco CPM-REX45 Sprint Runs in Reveal #4 (January 15, 2020) currently 4 have been Delivered and 4 are Upcoming:

Delivered (for some more in the pipeline):
  1. Manix2 CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C101GPBORE2 Sprint Run (USA) - FEB 2020
  2. Native5 CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C41GPBORE Sprint Run (USA) - MAR 2020
  3. Para3 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRN C223PBORE Sprint Run (USA) - MAR 2020
  4. Native5 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRN C41PBORE Sprint Run (USA) - MAR 2020
Upcoming:
  1. Lil' Native CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C230GPBORE Sprint Run (USA)
  2. Manix2 Lightweight CPM-REX45 FRCP C101PBORE2 Sprint Run (USA)
  3. Native Chief CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C244GPBORE Sprint Run (USA)
  4. Shaman CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange G-10 C229GPBORE Sprint Run (USA)
Last edited by RamZar on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

I’ve grabbed one of each so far. :)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Upcoming Para3 CTS-204P Forest Green G-10 C223GPGR KnifeWorks with ONLY 150 Pre-Orders Available! Expected Release Date is April 21, 2020!

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I also received an email about this KW exclusive Para 3. It better not be an April fools joke! I’ve been waiting for this one since they announced the Para 3, I’m surprised it took this long to release given how early on the PM2 version was released.

(My fondest PM2 memories are of that particular variant, I still to this day cannot comprehend what possessed me to sell it... :))
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
jdw

Post by jdw »

It's either an April Fool's joke or they sold out of pre-orders over night. Maybe?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

It is live for order, I had to search the site a couple times, as it's not listed under new items or the KW Exclusives tab, I actually had to search "204p" to make it show up in the search results... Here's a link to the product page:

https://knifeworks.com/spyderco-para-3- ... 10-handle/
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

I would be surprised if this WAS an April fools joke. I was actually asking myself just a few days ago why they haven't done a Para 3 variation yet as the PM2 is my favourite version by far. Personally though, a Para 3 doesn't interest me much, but I hope everyone that wants one can get one! :D
Justin :spyder:
attila

Post by attila »

jdw wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:18 am
It's either an April Fool's joke or they sold out of pre-orders over night. Maybe?
I got my order in this morning. Get there quick if you can.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5