Toilet Paper Frenzy!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: Toilet Paper Frenzy!!!

Post by JD Spydo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:11 am
I predict some major plumbing problems all across the country as folks start flushing paper towels, baby wipes and other unflushables.
You know I never gave that much thought. And I should have because my late dad was a plumber and he used to curse at people something awful who would flush stuff down the toilet that wouldn't break down over time. He was a plumber/steamfitter for the US Government and he would go into offices of the higher up and read them the riot act for stuff they flushed down the toilet>> it was mostly embarrassed women that he would go off on with that kind of stuff :D

He also did plumbing jobs on the side and would yell at people's teenagers and other family members for doing stupid stuff like that>> and no parents or anyone else in the home would argue with him either :D It was no fun having to listen to my dear old redneck dad when he really got angry :D

It's stuff like this that make me really miss my old redneck dad in these kinds of scenarios :o :D
flasharry

Post by flasharry »

Local stores have put TP rationing in place - one pack per customer...
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

flasharry wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:04 pm
yeah they've been doing that here where I live for the past two days. They are also rationing items like bleach, Lysol and various other popular cleaning products. I've been hoarding bleach, baking soda, vinegar and other common items that I find very useful and so far they ain't hard to obtain.

I love the panic instilled morons making Toilet Paper a high priority because the rest of us can get more important items. Also I find many of those same people also hoarding junk food like potato chips and other snack foods over high nutritious food items. Like one old long time friend of mine has said for years>> " The Two Most Abundant Elements in the Universe are HYDROGEN & STUPIDITY :rolleyes: :D "
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:30 am
flasharry wrote:
yeah they've been doing that here where I live for the past two days. They are also rationing items like bleach, Lysol and various other popular cleaning products. I've been hoarding bleach, baking soda, vinegar and other common items that I find very useful and so far they ain't hard to obtain.

I love the panic instilled morons making Toilet Paper a high priority because the rest of us can get more important items. Also I find many of those same people also hoarding junk food like potato chips and other snack foods over high nutritious food items. Like one old long time friend of mine has said for years>> " The Two Most Abundant Elements in the Universe are HYDROGEN & STUPIDITY :rolleyes: :D "
😂

How true is that!
James Y

Post by James Y »

flasharry wrote:
I’m pretty certain that a lot of couples, especially young couples, are getting around that by going in and buying separately.

Jim
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I just read that the reason TP has been a panic-buy is that they ran out in Hong Kong after China stopped exporting it there. The Aussies read about the shortages and panic buying, and followed suit. The Brits read about the Aussies... etc etc
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I bought a 6 pack of Cottonelle, about 2 months ago and still have 3.5 left...

Enlightenment achieved.

:D
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Enlightenment achieved.

That's because you use it the way it's supposed to be used and you don't use a half of a roll on each visit to the bathroom like many of these dunces do :rolleyes:

People!!?? Really now!!??? ask yourselves what the pioneer men & women in the 1700s/1800s did with their toilet duties?? Ask yourselves what the present day Amish do now a days? Most people have no idea how hard life is for most Amish people even in the year 2020.

Most people that are so pampered and spoiled by modern amenities have no conception of how people have had to live in the past. Well maybe it's time these folks got a lesson in hard knocks. When I lived in a deer hunting cabin for over a month with no electricity and no running water in 2009 I just went out in the woods and used a handful of leaves on quite a few occasions. I'll probably do it again this next hunting season too.

I'll include myself in this rant. Because we all need to go through some times with limited resources to appreciate what we are blessed with in modern life. We modern day Americans have had it so easy for so long that I'm wondering if we have the spinal column to get through some really hard times if we have to :( It's going to be interesting to see how all of this unfolds in the next two to three months.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:39 am
Sumdumguy wrote:

Enlightenment achieved.

That's because you use it the way it's supposed to be used and you don't use a half of a roll on each visit to the bathroom like many of these dunces do :rolleyes:

People!!?? Really now!!??? ask yourselves what the pioneer men & women in the 1700s/1800s did with their toilet duties?? Ask yourselves what the present day Amish do now a days? Most people have no idea how hard life is for most Amish people even in the year 2020.

Most people that are so pampered and spoiled by modern amenities have no conception of how people have had to live in the past. Well maybe it's time these folks got a lesson in hard knocks. When I lived in a deer hunting cabin for over a month with no electricity and no running water in 2009 I just went out in the woods and used a handful of leaves on quite a few occasions. I'll probably do it again this next hunting season too.

I'll include myself in this rant. Because we all need to go through some times with limited resources to appreciate what we are blessed with in modern life. We modern day Americans have had it so easy for so long that I'm wondering if we have the spinal column to get through some really hard times if we have to :( It's going to be interesting to see how all of this unfolds in the next two to three months.
Well yes, it only takes two or three sheets to get the job done. But the real reason is the bidet I bought before all of this hullabaloo went down. It has eliminated TP for everything butt(heh) a little drying.

Pamper your bum!

As for how it will turn out. Life will go on.

P.S. to the people buying the TP right now. Toilet paper isn't going to help with a respiratory virus. Wrong end, lol.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

one dunny, one bidet

https://youtu.be/uYIe9o2jMSE
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:46 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:39 am
Sumdumguy wrote:

Enlightenment achieved.

Well yes, it only takes two or three sheets to get the job done. But the real reason is the bidet I bought before all of this hullabaloo went down. It has eliminated TP for everything butt(heh) a little drying.

Pamper your bum!

As for how it will turn out. Life will go on.

P.S. to the people buying the TP right now. Toilet paper isn't going to help with a respiratory virus. Wrong end, lol.
OH I agree with most of what you've said. Not only is toilet paper a useless thing to stock up on>> it doesn't provide any long term survival help to speak of at all. Instead of hoarding TP people should be hoarding any kind of disinfectant i.e. bleach, lysol, pine-sol ect. Or people should be procuring food items with a long shelf life or large amounts of potable drinking water or a way to produce safe drinking water.

The fact that TP only gives you a tiny amount of comfort compared to so many items a person could buy that would be lifesavers in the event a person would have to be held up in their home for a long, protracted period of time.

Food, sanitation items, potable water, guns & ammo, just to name a very few that would truly make some common sense. Not to mention stocking up on medication if you are a person who is on maintenance meds ( like diabetes medicine for instance) or just get a doctor to write you a couple of scripts of anti-biotics in the event you might get injured with no medical help available.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The TOILET PAPER FRENZY is still a problem here in the Kansas City, MO area as of this post. When I went to local grocer this morning about 9:30am central daylight time the shelves were already stripped of most paper products for that day>> of toilet paper, Paper towels, Kleenex and other popular tissues, wipes ect,. >> for whatever reason paper products are still in "Frenzy Mode". I'm still shaking my head and wondering just how most people prioritize household items. I would sure stock up on food items with a long shelf life before even considering to stock up on paper items :rolleyes:

I was hoping that all of this nonsense/insanity would have subsided by now but if anything it's getting worse. Oh you can buy all the disinfectants and other vital household cleaning and sanitizing items you need>> but forget getting any paper products unless you get to the stores when they open early in the mornings. My local grocer ( Hy Vee) told me this morning that most of their paper products are usually sold with an hour to 80 minutes of opening. They won't restock during the day hoping that this insanity will subside soon.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yes sir Joe, still very real here as well. The wife and I just got back from Wegmans and it was nice to see many things well stocked again that I haven't seen in weeks (all kinds of meats, dairy products, pasta and sauces we're about 70% full)

But then to the TP...saw a small stack of them and out of curiosity checked them out. They were SINGLE rolls, 1000 sheet, 2 ply. Limit of ONE! I couldn't believe, ONE SINGLE ROLL!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:46 pm
Yes sir Joe, still very real here as well. The wife and I just got back from Wegmans and it was nice to see many things well stocked again that I haven't seen in weeks (all kinds of meats, dairy products, pasta and sauces we're about 70% full)

But then to the TP...saw a small stack of them and out of curiosity checked them out. They were SINGLE rolls, 1000 sheet, 2 ply. Limit of ONE! I couldn't believe, ONE SINGLE ROLL!!
No intelligent rationale at all with these people. The thinking of most of these people has me baffled to no end. You sure can't eat toilet paper.

Heck this might be a great item to barter if things get out of hand. Also good quality Whiskey would have great trade/barter value. I just found a big bunch of 3 inch diameter candles in my storage unit today that I forgot I had. I've already got 3 friends begging me for some of them. Well at least they've got better priorities than the supermarket nut cases :rolleyes:
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I didn't have to go on a "frenzy" already had a nice stash. :D
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

no refunds at costo.