Rex45

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gull wing

Re: Rex45

Post by gull wing »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:04 pm
How the heck are we ever supposed to buy the knives we love if 20 different dealers get 10 knives and sell out in seconds?

Who can seriously keep up with this?

As a long time spyderco die hard of 12 years, I am surprisingly frustrated and close to being done.

I have been eagerly awaiting the para 3 LW Rex with money waiting since announcement. :(
Like!
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Thanks to National Knives, finally found a Rex-45 G10 Manix in stock. :spyder:
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

How the heck are we ever supposed to buy the knives we love if 20 different dealers get 10 knives and sell out in seconds?

As a long time spyderco die hard of 12 years, I am surprisingly frustrated and close to being done.

I have been eagerly awaiting the para 3 LW Rex with money waiting since announcement. :(
Combination of luck and timing. I waffled over buying my P3LW for a good 5-10 minutes, hoping it would sell out before I checked out.

I guess it was meant to be, lol.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

You can pre order one from optics planet. They even have a 10% off coupon on the listing. ;)
https://www.opticsplanet.com/spyderco-p ... -C223PBORE
-Turbo
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

bbturbodad wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:02 pm
You can pre order one from optics planet. They even have a 10% off coupon on the listing. ;)
Appreciate the heads up, have you pre-ordered sprints from them before?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

bbturbodad wrote:

They've always came through for me. I wish I had thought about them, I would've pre ordered the Lil Native instead of buying the P3LW.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
NorthShoreBoiBoi

Post by NorthShoreBoiBoi »

DTPrime wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:10 pm
bbturbodad wrote:
Appreciate the heads up, have you pre-ordered sprints from them before?
I would be semi cautious. I ordered a sprint there a while back and after stringing me along for a few weeks they cancelled my order because they couldnt get more in stock. I dont know if this was them putting another listing up after the initial run or just misjudging the shipment size. So you could give it a try, but if you see something at another site you can buy immediately it will be more of a guarantee
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

I have pre-ordered from them, but no, not sprints. They don't charge you until it ships and you can cancel your order if you find it somewhere else first. If they have something that's hard to get I use them as an insurance policy. They usually don't get stock early, but have always come through for me in my limited experience with them.
-Turbo
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Hmmm,,,,,,,,looks shady to me but what do I know. Sprint runs are only available to well known distributers the way I see it
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

bbturbodad wrote:

Optics planet is a horrible place to do business. I have bought from them for years in regards to gun items.

They will list items as in stock when they really aren’t, preorder items and never ship them, etc.

I would rather do without than order through OP. I swore them off last year.

Thanks though. Hopefully somewhere else puts up a preorder.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I cancelled a "preorder" with optics planet because of that.
Listed as in stock but wasnt.
Description was incorrect.
I also got the feeling that they were not likely to actually recieve one of these sprints.

Ill roll the dice somewhere else.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Optics planet doesn’t stand behind anything they sell. I learned not to buy from them building my last AR. They will sell you returned items as new.

Waiting for in stock means waiting for a return...

Snagged my Rex 45, still on the fence about the steel.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I've never bought anything from OP, except just released or pre order Spydercos and I've never had a single issue.

Granted this is only my second preorder with them, I have purchased around four, freshly released knives. All of those were at 10% off aswell, until they changed the way the listed the Spydercos...

On that front, I have no reservations about recommending them.

All that being said, I have found that, with Spydercos, pre ordering something is never a guarantee. It is only an insurance policy(restrictions may apply, lol). If you can't find it elsewhere, you might get it on that pre order. They are a gamble.
Last edited by Sumdumguy on Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Thomas Jefferson
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

My experience with optics planet is also for gun parts/optics. They could have Spyderco at 50% off and I'd still skip their site. Never bought knives from them, but at this point I'd rather take my chances on the secondary market or miss out altogether.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Looks like the influencers have started getting the G10 Native5 in REX45. They should be dropping soon!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

“Influencers”. What a concept!
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”