Rivers Edge Cutlery Mystery Exclusive (DLC 10V/Coyote Brown G10 Paramilitary 2)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: Rivers Edge Cutlery Mystery Exclusive (DLC 10V/Coyote Brown G10 Paramilitary 2)

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:48 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:15 am
Now had they done this in O.D. green with such a nice steel it would have been very tempting.

They wouldn't do that because of their OD green 204P exclusive coming up soon. They wanted to make this different.
Too bad. Say does anyone know of some Native 5 exclusives or sprints besides the REX45 coming out?

My first was an LC200N fully serrated and my second a Maxamet that refuses to leave the pocket!
cycleguy

Re: Rivers Edge Cutlery Mystery Exclusive (DLC 10V/Coyote Brown G10 Paramilitary 2)

Post by cycleguy »

These appear to be gone in satin with just a few left in dlc. They do have maxamet if interested.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

I grabbed one in DLC. Hopefully it matches my Coyote Brown AEB-L Urban and my recently purchased G19X.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

And, theyre gone.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Doeswhateveraspidercan

That was a nice run. Will look to purchase from in the future.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:41 pm
That was a nice run. Will look to purchase from in the future.
I thought you were crying about them just earlier this morning?? 10:47 to be exact.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

I hope the upcoming 204P takes a while before sell out.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Last night and even earlier today their was no information concerning this release by them. As the day wore on more information was released.

As more information was released as to how they were handling the release my appreciation for how they have done it grew.

All day long they have been fulfilling orders and did not run out like DLT with a stumbling website and few numbers so people went without like happened to you when you sent me a private message crying and begging for one of the two I purchased from them in a Para2 in 20CV.

Later you got one.

Actually you are a big part of the reason I have been upset over dealers orders.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

I need another beer to decipher that one
Doeswhateveraspidercan

SpyderGrill wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:44 pm
I need another beer to decipher that one
Try harder. ;)
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

I think I am going to spam some european online shop when they are going to make a Spyderco exclusive run....
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Joey

Post by Joey »

4 Satin in stock as of right now
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:47 am
Well hope they ordered enough to satisfy buying pressure otherwise I will take another seller off of my buying list.
Do you know what the minimum order is for an exclusive? Do you have any idea what wholesale is on a Spyderco like a PM2? Dealers take a huge risk tying up thousands of dollars in inventory hoping that they can sell hundreds of copies of just one model. Sometimes they guess low and demand is far greater than supply. Sometimes they guess high, and inventory sits for months not moving. How long have those HAP 40 Pakkawood Seki back locks been available at Knife Center? Smaller dealers can't afford to have inventory sit like that.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

ugaarguy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:01 am
Well hope they ordered enough to satisfy buying pressure otherwise I will take another seller off of my buying list.
Do you know what the minimum order is for an exclusive? Do you have any idea what wholesale is on a Spyderco like a PM2? Dealers take a huge risk tying up thousands of dollars in inventory hoping that they can sell hundreds of copies of just one model. Sometimes they guess low and demand is far greater than supply. Sometimes they guess high, and inventory sits for months not moving. How long have those HAP 40 Pakkawood Seki back locks been available at Knife Center? Smaller dealers can't afford to have inventory sit like that.
Part of the risk of doing business.

Yes I do have an idea after closely watching for years especially over the last two years.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

ugaarguy wrote:
I suspect that smaller dealers could work together to order exclusives. Of course, that would require cooperation which is a rare thing these days. I guess we need more distributors to order exclusives?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Ordered the dlc, and I'm pretty excited about it. Having an exclusive in stock for over 24 hours is great for everyone that wants one, but not so great for will power. ;) :o
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:12 am
ugaarguy wrote:
Part of the risk of doing business.

Yes I do have an idea after closely watching for years especially over the last two years.
Okay, what do you think the minimum order is?
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

What is the minimum?

Originally I had heard 1200, but I know that a couple runs recently have been 400, although they've been part of a larger "series" so maybe there are different rules for that?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

TomAiello wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:59 am
What is the minimum?

Originally I had heard 1200, but I know that a couple runs recently have been 400, although they've been part of a larger "series" so maybe there are different rules for that?
These are the same numbers I have observed coming up over and over again.

In addition to this I have also been watching how retailers are adjusting the way they are selling and how their sites operate and if a little complaining here and there helps get them to find better ways to sell like Rivers Edge has just done then being unpopular with some folks online is a small price to pay to improve the industry and hobby.

I like what just happened with this run and the way it was handled pretty much a win all the way around for all concerned.
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

So let me get this straight, you didn’t order a 10v due to color, make witty comments about how vendors sell their product, threaten to not buy from REC in the future even though you didn’t participate, and then provide your personal assessment of REC process, only to say that complaining on this forum will help make purchasing better for the knife community. Thank you?