Does anybody want to write about knives?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
FullScaler

Does anybody want to write about knives?

Post by FullScaler »

I have gone back and forth about posting this here for a while but have decided to put it out there.

Basically, I am looking for someone, or a few people who want to write about knives. I run a few different websites that are based upon my interests and hobbies and I started one about knives last year. Recently, I have been so busy with work and family that I am unable to create much content for the new site and thought I would put it out here to see if there are any members that want to share their knowledge with others.

While I have carried a pocket knife almost all my life and have a fairly large collection, my experience pales in comparison with some of the members here. I have read some amazing knife reviews here as well as some great information and opinions from many of the members and am wondering if this may interest anyone?

In addition, I am always looking for new and cool pictures of knives and would potentially be interested in using members' pictures for some of the posts where it makes sense.

Compensation and terms to be negotiated. If I am out of line by offering this here then please let me know and I will remove asap.
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
flasharry

Re: Does anybody want to write about knives?

Post by flasharry »

well.. Might be worth a go.. what sort of content are you looking for?
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

I thoroughly enjoy writing. Always have. I've had a number of knives pass through my hands and usually keep them for a long time so i feel like i could at least contribute some solid content on a handful of knives. My experience is still very limited in comparison to a lot of other members here, but id happily put in my thoughts on the myriad of knives I've owned.
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Nice, I wasn't sure if this would interest anyone.

I am looking for many types of knife, blade, EDC, and steel related articles. Anything from straight informational pieces explaining things like blade types and styles, locking mechanisms, types of steels, history, sharpening, etc as well as knife reviews, testing, and experience pieces. (bonus points for Spyderco reviews of course. :P )

I would have some guidelines for titles, headings, some basic structure points for SEO purposes etc. but the writing style and content would be up to you, casual and conversational is preferred but not required.

This could also be an opportunity for anyone interested in learning SEO or how to build a website.

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Who provides the pictures? I am a writer (when not on this iPad).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I may be interested.. depending on the format/content you have in mind.. I feel that my opinions about and experience with EDC knives would offer a lot of insight to the beginner or budget user.. to the steel junkies and high-end collectors, not so much..

Whether or not anyone would want to read anything that I wrote is another question entirely! ;)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

DSH007 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:58 am
I may be interested.. depending on the format/content you have in mind.. I feel that my opinions about and experience with EDC knives would offer a lot of insight to the beginner or budget user.. to the steel junkies and high-end collectors, not so much..

Whether or not anyone would want to read anything that I wrote is another question entirely! ;)
That's how I feel too! I've done a few reviews on here of different knives and other manufacturers, also lately more for the people interested in different steels...not sure how many people actually read or care, but I have fun doing it!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I enjoy testing out knives and new steels especially. I can't say I'm the most experienced one here but it would be a lot of fun to be able to write about and share my experiences!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

I am looking for all types and levels of content and experience.

Part of the type of content I want to share is to help new knife owners learn about their knives, how to care for them, sharpening, maintenance, cleaning, etc.

As well, I want to be able to help prospective knife buyers learn about different types of steels, locking devices, blade styles and anything else they may want to learn about before deciding which knife or knives they want to buy.

Lastly, I want to create some good hands-on and experienced reviews of lots of different types of knives that show the benefits as well as any potential drawbacks or weak points they may have. This way, when someone who isn't quite as experienced as many of the people here want to buy a new knife that they can trust the review and know exactly what they are buying. And to review everything from budget and starter knives up to higher-end customs and premium blades.

Doc Dan, pictures could be provided by the writer or if there are any members here who would be interested in licensing or selling photo usage then that is an option as well.

If anyone wants more details or has any questions or ideas to share then just keep posting here and I will check in as often as I can to answer. Also, I will message anyone interested to discuss details privately if wanted and can invite people to a Slack channel to share templates and more detailed information also as needed.

DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:55 am
DSH007 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:58 am

That's how I feel too! I've done a few reviews on here of different knives and other manufacturers, also lately more for the people interested in different steels...not sure how many people actually read or care, but I have fun doing it!
I've been enjoying reading your weekly performance reviews! So at least one.. :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

FullScaler wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:40 pm
I am looking for all types and levels of content and experience.

Part of the type of content I want to share is to help new knife owners learn about their knives, how to care for them, sharpening, maintenance, cleaning, etc.

As well, I want to be able to help prospective knife buyers learn about different types of steels, locking devices, blade styles and anything else they may want to learn about before deciding which knife or knives they want to buy.

Lastly, I want to create some good hands-on and experienced reviews of lots of different types of knives that show the benefits as well as any potential drawbacks or weak points they may have. This way, when someone who isn't quite as experienced as many of the people here want to buy a new knife that they can trust the review and know exactly what they are buying. And to review everything from budget and starter knives up to higher-end customs and premium blades.

Doc Dan, pictures could be provided by the writer or if there are any members here who would be interested in licensing or selling photo usage then that is an option as well.

If anyone wants more details or has any questions or ideas to share then just keep posting here and I will check in as often as I can to answer. Also, I will message anyone interested to discuss details privately if wanted and can invite people to a Slack channel to share templates and more detailed information also as needed.
Are you paying us for these articles?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Yes, of course, as mentioned in the first post. Compensation and terms to be negotiated.
Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:29 am

Are you paying us for these articles?

bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I'm interested. My specialty is Victorinox and Wenger knives, but I've carried so many more.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Cool, I have wanted to add a section about SAK's and related Victorinow knife info and that sounds right up your alley. I will pm you with a link to get into our Slack channel to talk about it.
bearrowland wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:39 am
I'm interested. My specialty is Victorinox and Wenger knives, but I've carried so many more.

bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Excellent!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Any interest in a woman's perspective?
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Of course Julia,

There are a whole bunch of women specific search terms that could be covered. As well, as long as you know your stuff pretty much any knife related topic could be written by a woman or a man. Gender plays no roll in potential knowledge.

I am out right now but once i get back to my computer I will message you the slack invite if you are interested in contributing.

bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree! I wish there was more articles from women on EDC gear.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

I just wanted to touch base and follow up with everyone who has shown an interest in writing.

I have messaged everyone who posted here individually but have not received many responses to my messages. I just wanted to follow up here to make sure everyone is getting my messages and has the chance to respond and join if they want to.

Slack is a project management tool that I use often to collaborate with others on various projects. I have sent the invite link to everyone who has shown an interest so that you can have access to the Trello boards and see the types of topics I have available to write on and can share any ideas about anything you may want to write.

Feel free to jump in and ask me any questions or share any ideas you may have.

Mike.

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

FullScaler wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:47 pm
I just wanted to touch base and follow up with everyone who has shown an interest in writing.

I have messaged everyone who posted here individually but have not received many responses to my messages. I just wanted to follow up here to make sure everyone is getting my messages and has the chance to respond and join if they want to.

Slack is a project management tool that I use often to collaborate with others on various projects. I have sent the invite link to everyone who has shown an interest so that you can have access to the Trello boards and see the types of topics I have available to write on and can share any ideas about anything you may want to write.

Feel free to jump in and ask me any questions or share any ideas you may have.

Mike.
It seems that the pm system is moving very slowly today. I had a pm sit in my outbox all day before finally going through. I haven't received your message yet, but hopefully it'll come through tonight. I look forward to learning more about your plans and ideas!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.