PAR a 3 clip update

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CrayzCanuck

PAR a 3 clip update

Post by CrayzCanuck »

Hello guys/gals,
I have a question that may have already been dealt with, but hoping someone can answer it for me.
I am wondering if the new PARA3 models have the deep Carry pocket clip like the light weight para three models?
I really like the PARA 3 and would probably buy several if they ride as low as the lightweight model in the pocket.

Any insight appreciated.
CC
Sumdumguy

Re: PAR a 3 clip update

Post by Sumdumguy »

Nope, only the LW has the wire clip.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Plenty of people put aftermarket deep carry clips on them, though.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

The clip location on the standard is still a problem for me. A deep carry clip still doesn't really help as much as I'd like.
JMM

Post by JMM »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:02 pm
The clip location on the standard is still a problem for me. A deep carry clip still doesn't really help as much as I'd like.
Not to sound snippy about it, I'm being serious, there are about a hundred different deep carry clip sizes, depths, colours, configurations, among the ones you have tried, what are you not liking? I put deep carry clips on nearly everything that doesn't have a wire clip...
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I don't like how far from the end of the knife the factory clip screws sit. I want a deep carry clip to really carry "deep" the way they do when they are right at the end of the knife. With the location of the clip screws, the Para 3 still sits pretty high, even with a "deep carry" clip. The Lightweight version fixed this by switching the locations of the lanyard hole and the clip. I'd like to see the standard P3 do the same. It really makes an enormous difference for me.

I haven't seen a Para 3 "deep" clip that extends up past the end of the handle. Do you know of one?
foofie

Post by foofie »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:05 pm
I don't like how far from the end of the knife the factory clip screws sit. I want a deep carry clip to really carry "deep" the way they do when they are right at the end of the knife. With the location of the clip screws, the Para 3 still sits pretty high, even with a "deep carry" clip. The Lightweight version fixed this by switching the locations of the lanyard hole and the clip. I'd like to see the standard P3 do the same. It really makes an enormous difference for me.

I haven't seen a Para 3 "deep" clip that extends up past the end of the handle. Do you know of one?
Almost. MXG makes a Para3 specific clip that sits flush with the end of the knife. Deeper than the standard MXG or Lynch clips.

https://mxggear.com/collections/para-3/ ... 2476139610

I have more than a couple of these - and it sits just about as low as the para3 lw with wire clip. I can take a photo when I get home if you like.
foofie

Post by foofie »

Here's a quick shot of the two clips:

JMM

Post by JMM »

TomAiello wrote:

Based on what you are describing here are the best 3 solutions I can offer, I have one or more of all of these... I do not know or have any affiliation with any of these options, this is just from my personal experiences...

This first one is for a Para3 clip made by an ebay seller screw4you, (he sells on amazon as well) not only does he make his own stuff, he will/can/does make things specific to your requirements, ie deeper carry or whatever -- generally though there will be some lead time, but I have bought several clips, screw sets, etc from him and he's a very knowledgeable and friendly guy.
(FWIW in my experience his black-powder-coating on his clips lasts much longer than some of the other much larger shops around)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Titanium- ... Sw4O1eXxED

PopsCustomClips -- Stealth Design - Titanium Pocket Knife Clip
https://www.etsy.com/listing/239438511/ ... e?ref=cart

Another good choice for you would be here...
https://mxggear.com/collections/para-3/ ... co-para-14

Cheers,

John
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

TomAiello wrote:
The Recluse Exo-Tool from 5x5 Combat Solutions is basically a machined aluminum backspacer that installs into the handle. The clip then mounts to the end of the backspacer, much like the Perrin PPT clip did. It's about "as low as you can go" while still keeping the knife clipped to the pocket. It's available for the Para 2, Para Military 2, and Yo 2 and is reversible for left/right carry. All the models use the same clip, and they also sell clips Cerakoted in khaki and denim blue.

https://5x5combatsolutions.com/shop?key ... e-exo-tool

Stay safe,

Mike
bigboned

Post by bigboned »

CrayzCanuck wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:48 pm
Hello guys/gals,
I have a question that may have already been dealt with, but hoping someone can answer it for me.
I am wondering if the new PARA3 models have the deep Carry pocket clip like the light weight para three models?
I really like the PARA 3 and would probably buy several if they ride as low as the lightweight model in the pocket.

Any insight appreciated.
CC
Hey Bud, why not insert a threaded spacer into the lanyard hole then just screw on a wire clip from a LW
Andy
Necker - Ladybug Hawkbill Salt
Mon-Fri - Delica4 in Cruwear
Sat-Sun - Para3 in Cruwear

Urban K390 (2.61"), Bow River (for slicing jerky)

Want to try- PM2 CF M4 OR Cruwear , GB2, Bradley Bowie
Gone - Delica ZDP189, PM2 Cruwear, Para3 LW BD1N, Para3 S30V, Junction, Ti UKPK
bigboned

Post by bigboned »

like this
Attachments
2B5FB640-F059-4BAA-8495-8838DD8EAD22.jpeg
Andy
Necker - Ladybug Hawkbill Salt
Mon-Fri - Delica4 in Cruwear
Sat-Sun - Para3 in Cruwear

Urban K390 (2.61"), Bow River (for slicing jerky)

Want to try- PM2 CF M4 OR Cruwear , GB2, Bradley Bowie
Gone - Delica ZDP189, PM2 Cruwear, Para3 LW BD1N, Para3 S30V, Junction, Ti UKPK
sok

Post by sok »

foofie wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:22 pm
TomAiello wrote:

Almost. MXG makes a Para3 specific clip that sits flush with the end of the knife. Deeper than the standard MXG or Lynch clips.

https://mxggear.com/collections/para-3/ ... 2476139610

I have more than a couple of these - and it sits just about as low as the para3 lw with wire clip. I can take a photo when I get home if you like.
Thanks for the heads up on the notched, deeper MXG Gear clip. I own a couple of Para 3 MXG Clips that I received from eBay but they were different. I grabbed the newer style from your link.
Pic of both styles.