Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Burton Knut

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Burton Knut »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:42 am
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:49 pm
Dazen wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:49 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:00 pm

Wow, Blades Canada has some cool disco'd stuff! Micarta Street Beat, Memory Centofante, spyderhawk...all for less than original retail.
That is why I’m ordering something small to begin with sent to the US to test their products and shipping, because there are no returns to Canada with them.
I hope you'll let us know how your order goes!
I bought a Ulize and a K11P, then emailed them and added another Ulize! I couldn't pass up that price, I've been wanting one for a while. Now I have two! I think they have two or three left.

I can't speak for their shipping, but their Customer Service is very good and quick with responses.

I also ordered a Teal Dragonfly, at the demand of my wife.
Well you guys have done it! This week has now taken the lead for my best knife week ever with the Ulize, Spyderhawk and Street Beat Micarta all headed my way! Thanks for being such quality enablers!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Burton Knut wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:48 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
Dazen wrote:

That is why I’m ordering something small to begin with sent to the US to test their products and shipping, because there are no returns to Canada with them.
I bought a Ulize and a K11P, then emailed them and added another Ulize! I couldn't pass up that price, I've been wanting one for a while. Now I have two! I think they have two or three left.

I can't speak for their shipping, but their Customer Service is very good and quick with responses.

Well you guys have done it! This week has now taken the lead for my best knife week ever with the Ulize, Spyderhawk and Street Beat Micarta all headed my way! Thanks for being such quality enablers!
I aaaaaalmost nabbed a micarta Street Beat, but it was a bit pricey for having one already.

You will LOVE the Street Beat. It has been my favorite fixed blade for quite a while now!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

I have the current FRN model and carry it often, but I had come to accept I’d never get the micarta because secondary market prices were so high...until today!!
Now after scanning all their Spydie offerings I’m thinking the Schempp Rock should join my collection too. How had I never heard of this dealer before?? The Ulize, SB Micarta and Spyderhawk were my top 3 disco’d models to acquire, but I had little hope I’d find them at any reasonable prices.
JMM

Post by JMM »

Burton Knut wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
Dazen wrote:

ULIZE!!!! My single favourite knife of all time by any company.... sounds like you had an awesome week my friend, I think this week may actually be mine as well. My poor, poor tax return...
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

JMM wrote:
Burton Knut wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

ULIZE!!!! My single favourite knife of all time by any company.... sounds like you had an awesome week my friend, I think this week may actually be mine as well. My poor, poor tax return...
Yeah, they definitely have some good deals on discoed models that sell for a lot more on the secondary market. I grabbed a ulize and a fluted titanium military. Im really excited. My first military and I dont know how the ulize went under my radar but I like it already. Big, backlock, no choil, ergos look good, its already a winner.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Oh no!!! I was too late to snag one of the Ulizes! :( Such a perfect opportunity too, they've definitely got some old gems!
-Nick :bug-red
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Mushroom wrote: Oh no!!! I was too late to snag one of the Ulizes! :( Such a perfect opportunity too, they've definitely got some old gems!
I might have lucked out and gotten the last one. I got my shipping confirmation at 5pm. They still have some deals on some other stuff though.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

VooDooChild wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:14 pm
Mushroom wrote: Oh no!!! I was too late to snag one of the Ulizes! :( Such a perfect opportunity too, they've definitely got some old gems!
I might have lucked out and gotten the last one. I got my shipping confirmation at 5pm. They still have some deals on some other stuff though.
Yeah, I've been browsing for too long now, they have a dangerous selection! :D I know I'll end up with something I've been after.
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm purposely not looking at that website. Too many expenses coming up that take priority over knives. Being an adult sucks sometimes!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:29 pm
I'm purposely not looking at that website. Too many expenses coming up that take priority over knives. Being an adult sucks sometimes!
Sadly, no Caly 3 there, though. Or maybe that's actually a good thing!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

Gayle Bradley 2 in stock at Blades Canada too. Hard to find anywhere. I got one a couple of weeks ago.
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

So I thought I was on a break until the next reveal or a new CPK dropped, especially after the order earlier this week from north of the border, but then I saw a WTS thread on bushcraftusa this afternoon. Now I’ve got a Jumpmaster 2, a Waterway, and a GB Junction all new in box, with a slightly used Pacific Salt thrown in for good measure, headed my way. The price was too good to pass up and the fixed blades were all on my would-like-to-have list (though I do have the Waterway already and may gift this one to a friend.) So now those and the four I scored from the store in Vancouver should be coming in this week. I’ve never bought so many blades in such a short time, but these couldn’t be passed up. Between the disco’d gems and today’s crazy good deal they were some of the easiest purchases to pull the proverbial trigger on without hesitation.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Not in the mail for very much longer.
Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 3.40.36 AM.jpg
PStone

Post by PStone »

Boltaron sheath for the Province from SFO.
JMM

Post by JMM »

Arriving today, Manix2 in Rex45, Manix2 in 4V (fradon), and my long sought out Resilience micarta scales -- I feel like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" checking the mail/waiting for his decoder ring! LOL
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JMM wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:49 am
Arriving today, Manix2 in Rex45, Manix2 in 4V (fradon), and my long sought out Resilience micarta scales -- I feel like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" checking the mail/waiting for his decoder ring! LOL
You've had an awesome week already!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

JMM wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:49 am
Tell me more about the micarta scales for the Resilience?
JMM

Post by JMM »

Here's the link...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Resil ... 2749.l2649

They were 55 at one point then they went up to 65, the seller is really nice, he sold them to me at the original price and actually gave me a free GITD backspacer. They are not texture the way I would prefer for micarta, but they are very well made and fit perfect, I will send a pic, this was my very first spyderco, and I have a deep carry titanium clip on it, I think it looks and feels fantastic.
sok

Post by sok »

Para 3 Maxamet. Should be here Thursday.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Para 2 in Maxamet... Got one of the last ones from Knifejoy...