Spyderco Siren Release Date?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
knife__bro69

Spyderco Siren Release Date?

Post by knife__bro69 »

Hey, I more am aiming this question at Lance and Sal. I'm pretty patient, so it's not about me becoming impatient with waiting, but moreso, do you guys have an idea of when the Siren is going to be shipped?

I'm only asking because if it's within the month, I'll need to sell my Shaman in order to cover some funds. I really don't want to sell my Shaman, but I also wouldn't be too mad about getting a Siren in the month either haha...

If it's not within this month, I can keep both and that would be baller.

Thanks for any answer I can get, and I hope you guys are having an excellent day.
curlyhairedboy

Re: Spyderco Siren Release Date?

Post by curlyhairedboy »

The siren will be on the market for a while (hopefully). Maybe wait a month to buy - even after release - and you can keep both the Siren and the Shaman?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

It's never coming..........
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:58 am
The siren will be on the market for a while (hopefully). Maybe wait a month to buy - even after release - and you can keep both the Siren and the Shaman?
Yep, since the Siren's going to be a regular production item and hold on to that Shaman and wait until I had the funds for the Siren
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
knife__bro69

Post by knife__bro69 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:40 pm
curlyhairedboy wrote:
Yep, since the Siren's going to be a regular production item and hold on to that Shaman and wait until I had the funds for the Siren
Is it going to be regular production as in widely available? They already show as sold out most places.
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

knife__bro69 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am
Hey, I more am aiming this question at Lance and Sal. I'm pretty patient, so it's not about me becoming impatient with waiting
I am a pretty patient guy but this knife is well past the expected ship date based on how the reveals are suppose to work. It sure would be nice to have some kind of update from Spyderco. Zero communication isn’t cool. Is it still months out due to an issue? Is the release imminent?

The fact that we haven’t seen collectors club versions in the wild makes me think we are still a ways out. That is just speculation.

Sal/Spyderco can you add some clarity?
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
knife__bro69

Post by knife__bro69 »

rybu0305 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:07 pm
knife__bro69 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am
Hey, I more am aiming this question at Lance and Sal. I'm pretty patient, so it's not about me becoming impatient with waiting
I am a pretty patient guy but this knife is well past the expected ship date based on how the reveals are suppose to work. It sure would be nice to have some kind of update from Spyderco. Zero communication isn’t cool. Is it still months out due to an issue? Is the release imminent?

The fact that we haven’t seen collectors club versions in the wild makes me think we are still a ways out. That is just speculation.

Sal/Spyderco can you add some clarity?
Oh, do collectors club members get knives before distributors?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

knife__bro69 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:59 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
curlyhairedboy wrote:
Is it going to be regular production as in widely available? They already show as sold out most places.
Don't worry, lots of dealers will list something as "sold out" until it actually releases. It'll be regular production, meaning it's not a limited edition, sprint run, or exclusive. It's part of the regular catalog, so if the first run sells out they'll make more. Keep that Shaman! ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Scantling

Post by Scantling »

Cant wait for the release of Spyderco Siren, I have been waiting for this since like forever.
A newly improved pressure washer that will definitely give the best cleaning experience in your backyard. Check this best Karcher pressure washer review https://gardeningfacts.org/best-pressur ... r/karcher/ to know what this is all about.
knife__bro69

Post by knife__bro69 »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:17 pm
knife__bro69 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
curlyhairedboy wrote:
Don't worry, lots of dealers will list something as "sold out" until it actually releases. It'll be regular production, meaning it's not a limited edition, sprint run, or exclusive. It's part of the regular catalog, so if the first run sells out they'll make more. Keep that Shaman! ;)
Do you know if collectors club members will get the siren before distributors do?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

knife__bro69 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:09 pm
JuPaul wrote:
knife__bro69 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

Do you know if collectors club members will get the siren before distributors do?
It seems like they often do, but it's definitely not always the case.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
knife__bro69

Post by knife__bro69 »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:13 pm
knife__bro69 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:09 pm
JuPaul wrote:
knife__bro69 wrote:

It seems like they often do, but it's definitely not always the case.
I am following some people who are in collectors clubs and yeah sometimes they dont get a knife until a long period of time later, but if its a regular production knife surely they should be able to get them the knives first youd think.
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

I did not mean to muddy the waters mentioning the collectors club. The bottom line is this knife is way past due from Reveal 3.

I understand the desire to not release something until it’s ready but some communication would be nice since based on the Reveal concept/schedule it should have been delivered months ago.

Can you tell us anything Spyderco?
Is it days, weeks, or months away?
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Definitely interested in the release date as well. I was thinking the very same thing concerning the Reveals etc. Thx.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Also interested in the release date! The Siren looks to be such a great, down to earth working knife design in a size that is really good for probably anything a folding knife can do.

To be clear: I fully trust in Spyderco to do the best in releasing the Siren as soon as possible, but not sooner than when it is perfect and ready for the market.

Still, from the outside it is a bit hard to understand what could take them so long:

- There are no new, unprooven features involved (like it was for example with the first comp. lock in a linerless knife), but "just" linerless G10, a blade, a backlock, things Spyderco already knows how to execute perfectly for a long time!
- They seemingly HAVE the capacity in Golden to make several other new models, but not so the Siren, which was announced rather "long" ago (when it comes to the background of the "Reveal" program).

Maybe a shortage of LC200N?! At least the Caribbean (as another LC200N knife) seems to be hard to get at the moment (https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86001). This is pure speculation of course, but IF there is a shortage of LC200N they maybe save it for models that have already prooven to sell well (and not new ones)?
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

It has now been 158 days since the Siren was announced in Reveal #3 on September 16, 2019.

Normally, Reveal announcements are supposed to be released within 90-120 days per the original Reveal post of January 2019.
TazKristi wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm
ETA... everyone wants to know, right? With our new process, our intent is that everything in this Reveal will be available within the next 90-120 days.

Kristi
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

It probably takes more to make a production Salt knife than most of us realize. I’m mostly just guessing but I think that the delay on this one has possibly been a result of making sure that every aspect and component of the Siren is fully worthy of the “Salt knife” designation. Sometimes it takes a little longer than expected to do things right. I’m as impatient as the next guy but if I have to choose, I’ll always take “right” over “fast”. Last word I heard from Spyderco was soon.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

there's a saying from the videogame world - A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad. I have a feeling we'd all prefer Spyderco get it right for us.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

Why is the release date so important to everyone?? This will most likely be my favorite and most used Spyderco to date, but we alll need to realize all of the things that factor into the release date.

I am assuming most of you don’t work in a CNC metal machine shop like I do. Delays can result from a million different things. Holidays just passed and from what I understand, Spyderco takes great care of their employees. Holidays put us back at least 2 weeks annually.

Another thing to consider is vendor reliability. We are constantly ordering from huge and very well respected steel mills but are constantly fighting delivery date guarantees and issues that the the vendor may be having. A single roll-in saw being down on the production line can delay shipments by weeks. These are only two examples of the hundreds of things that can delay production.

Just because you’ve done it before, and mastered the process and design, almost never means it is repeatable 100% of the time. Issues Always arise.

Just a thought. I for one can’t wait for this knife, but at the same time, I CAN WAIT.
knife__bro69

Post by knife__bro69 »

mrtodd777 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:12 am
Why is the release date so important to everyone?? This will most likely be my favorite and most used Spyderco to date, but we alll need to realize all of the things that factor into the release date.

I am assuming most of you don’t work in a CNC metal machine shop like I do. Delays can result from a million different things. Holidays just passed and from what I understand, Spyderco takes great care of their employees. Holidays put us back at least 2 weeks annually.

Another thing to consider is vendor reliability. We are constantly ordering from huge and very well respected steel mills but are constantly fighting delivery date guarantees and issues that the the vendor may be having. A single roll-in saw being down on the production line can delay shipments by weeks. These are only two examples of the hundreds of things that can delay production.

Just because you’ve done it before, and mastered the process and design, almost never means it is repeatable 100% of the time. Issues Always arise.

Just a thought. I for one can’t wait for this knife, but at the same time, I CAN WAIT.
I dont know why you included all the gatekeeping here, but I personally can wait as well. I just wanted to know if I should sell my shaman because I have it on preorder from bladehq, and if it gets released this month I'll need to sell my shaman to cover the funds that would take.