Spyderco’s For Law Enforcement?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dano

Re: Spyderco’s For Law Enforcement?

Post by dano »

Endura plain edge is clipped to my right leg "Sap" pocket. Fully serrated Delica is slipped in between the waist and pant belt, "Appendix" carried. Both fully capable, and if lost or damaged, won't break the proverbial bank to replace.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Got my son one of the Stag Arms Manix models a few years back. Goes well with his uniform. He made sergeant with the Sheriff's Office a while back. Hoping to get him one of the River's Edge PM2's as a gift. He still carries his Manix and gets compliments on it. Thanks to all that serve and protect, as I tell my son every time we speak......be safe.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

An Endura would be my recommendation, perhaps serrated or combo edge should be considered.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

I'm not a LEO, but I do work for a fairly serious Hospital security team. The area we're in has a lot of mental health and drug issues and we work closely with local law enforcement. I personally carry a PM2 DLC which has been one of my go-to's for the last 3 years or so and a couple other guys carry enduras in combo edge or full serrated and really like them. Most of the local police as well as our Security team are issued pants more like BDU's (Ours are from 5.11 tactical) and they have lots of extra pockets on the legs. Most LEO's and SO's carry their knives in one of these leg pockets, although a few, including myself on occasion, carry in their dominant hand back pocket. Generally having arranged their duty belts to have a small gap, large enough to get your hand in and deploy the knife. A couple of the more old school guys use belt pouches.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Welcome to the fold! I've really taken to the Autonomy for my duty knife. It's got the edge to perform rescues if the need arises, plus covers about everything else you run into, including opening snacks 😊☕
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

5-by-5 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:19 am
How do you carry when you're in uniform? I've carried several different ways because I've found that It's hard to draw a knife out of my front pockets with a duty belt on. I've even carried on the straps of my ballistic vest. Different positions could result in different choices of knife size and tip orientation
Left front pocket. It's easily accessible for me.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

jdw wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:37 am
A preacher with a gun and knife? Ain't America great?
I know right? 😊😊👍👍
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Zatx wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:05 pm
jdw wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:36 am
I hope that everyone lays down their arms.
Amen! I’d much rather not have a need to ever carry anything for the protection of others because there was no longer any violence in the world!

(Plus, I really didn’t take your post as argumentative in the slightest. No harm, no foul.)
+1! The perfect shift in law enforcement is the sound of sweet silence.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

bearrowland wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:18 pm
Zatx wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:05 pm
jdw wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:36 am
I hope that everyone lays down their arms.
Amen! I’d much rather not have a need to ever carry anything for the protection of others because there was no longer any violence in the world!

(Plus, I really didn’t take your post as argumentative in the slightest. No harm, no foul.)
+1! The perfect shift in law enforcement is the sound of sweet silence.
Coomba ya.
What fantasy land do you work in?
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Tell me about it.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
MOTOR51

Post by MOTOR51 »

Hello, I’m a new guy here to the forums but have been a LEO for 20+ years at a large agency in Louisiana. When I started out the go to knife was a full serrated spyderco (I still have mine in a box somewhere). Over the years I tried many different brands of knives from autos,OTF,flippers, you name it and I’ve probably tried it no matter the price. I have always found myself coming back to the Spyderco brand knife although my older self sticks with plain edge now. As far as carry method, please do not carry a knife that is in front of your vest and easily accessible by someone who would like to do you harm. I have always carried in my off hand front pocket up until we switched to a BDU style duty pant. My knife now goes in my off side thigh pocket. As far as what knife I will currently be carrying, a Para 2. I found this forum while searching for a place to thank Spyderco for its kindness towards LEO’s by allowing us to purchase awesome knives at such great deals using their discount. One piece of advice I will give you is to always start out treating people as you would like to be treated, most of the time the person you are dealing with is having their first encounter with a LEO. Sorry for the long winded first post.