New Squeak question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DanMartin

New Squeak question

Post by DanMartin »

Hi all. I have a new Squeak and it was so difficult to open that I had no choice but to take it apart and look inside. There is only a washer on one side and I wonder if that's normal. There was quite a bit of lube in there so I just reassembled it. It is still difficult to open and close so I have the pivot screw backed off a bit. I have hung out here on occasion but just signed up to ask this question of you. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
sal

Re: New Squeak question

Post by sal »

Hi Dan,

Welcome to our forum and I'm sorry for your frustration. If you would like to send it to us, I'm sure we can make it better. It shouldn't be hard to open. Did you buy in new? Would it help if we send you some washers?

sal
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Hi. Welcome to the forum!

It really shouldn’t have been difficult to open. I’ve never had any issue, or any need to disassemble any one of my many Spyderco slip-joints.

Take/send it back to the retailer or send it in to Spyderco.
DanMartin

Post by DanMartin »

sal wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:56 pm
Hi Dan,

Welcome to our forum and I'm sorry for your frustration. If you would like to send it to us, I'm sure we can make it better. It shouldn't be hard to open. Did you buy in new? Would it help if we send you some washers?

sal

Sal,
Thanks for this response. Yes I bought this new. Your offer to help with some washers lets me know there should be two. That may be an easier path to pursue. However I will gladly send it in if you prefer (hate to be without it though). I am not going to return it as I am sure this is a simple fix. I love this knife. It is perfect for coin pocket carry and I wanted a traditional, robust, non locking folder. It is just what I was looking for. I also have a Sharpmaker to keep it going strong.
Thanks,
Dan
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dan,

Call Charlynn in CS and ask her what she has. I'll alert her.

sal
DanMartin

Post by DanMartin »

I will do just that. Thank you very much.
Dan
jgordon

Post by jgordon »

Hello!

I have been searching for the same answer as you. I bought a squeak (love it!) from an authorized dealer and when taking it apart to lubricate, noticed it only has a PB washer on one side. Is this supposed to go on the opposite side that you open from? (i.e. opposite side from where my thumb is when opening) Or, are there supposed to be two?

Thanks,
Joe
MinimalBloke

Post by MinimalBloke »

Hi, exactly that same question here as well.

I opened up my Squeak to flip the clip and hardware and noticed only one PB washer. Shouldn’t there be 2?

Also my edge seems to be badly shaped.

Please can someone clarify?
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

MinimalBloke wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am
Hi, exactly that same question here as well.

I opened up my Squeak to flip the clip and hardware and noticed only one PB washer. Shouldn’t there be 2?

Also my edge seems to be badly shaped.

Please can someone clarify?
Hi, MinimalBloke:
Welcome to our forum. Your best point of contact will be our Warranty & Repair Department. If you send them an e-mail at customerservice@spyderco.com, they'll be happy to assist you.

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.