Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by Sumdumguy »

Couldn't pass on that price, I love Hap40!

It may be the push I needed to have a new set of handles made.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:49 pm
How much did the Fraden Lock Delica originally sell for? Great deal regardless. I now have one inbound too
I believe they were $169.95 originally.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
JMM

Post by JMM »

NorthShoreBoiBoi wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:44 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:29 pm
grubetown wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:54 pm
If I want to blade swap the Delica HAP40, does it have the same dimensions as other Delica blades? Thanks
Can't say for certain, but I recently swapped a bunch of different delica blades and didn't have any issues.
I tried swapping a blade from the damascus frn delica to the CF scales and it wouldnt safely lock by acting like a slip joint. This was the only combo I tried, so it could be something weird with either platform or me doing something wrong. Maybe i'll try some other blades tomorrow and report back
That is super interesting, I have swapped at least a half dozen Delica scales or blades or hw in the past, only one time did I have an issue trying to do a straight across scale swap between two, so I took all the hardware, liners, lockbar, everything with the accompanying blade, and moved everything from one set of scales/backpacer to the other and it resolved itself fine... please post your results if you experiment further, whatever the result...

Cheers,

John
rbb2

Post by rbb2 »

jabba359 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:56 pm
Fradon Lock Co carbon fiber Delica in HAP40 is on sale for $126.95. They also have a $20 off coupon DELICA1, bringing the total down to $106.95. At this price, it's quite a steel! ;)

https://www.safeandlockstore.com/knives ... ber-knife/
Welp, thanks a bunch, there, pal, costing me more money.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Surprised they are still in stock at this price. It is a crazy deal!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:28 am
Definitely! I certainly don't need another Delica. I kind of wanted this one when it first came out but it was a little pricey. So I decided to pass. But at this price it was a no brainer.

I received an email this morning from safeandlockstore.com asking me to call the regarding my order. I called the guy and he asked me to confirm what I ordered. I told him and he said "ok that's all I needed to know". Out of curiosity I asked him why they needed me to call. He said because they've had a bunch of fraudulent orders for knives lately and he wanted to make sure mine was an actual order. Hmmm...
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Great. Now I gotta know more details about this fraudulent order...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It is tempting, but those smooth scales are such a turn off.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:40 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Definitely! I certainly don't need another Delica. I kind of wanted this one when it first came out but it was a little pricey. So I decided to pass. But at this price it was a no brainer.

I received an email this morning from safeandlockstore.com asking me to call the regarding my order. I called the guy and he asked me to confirm what I ordered. I told him and he said "ok that's all I needed to know". Out of curiosity I asked him why they needed me to call. He said because they've had a bunch of fraudulent orders for knives lately and he wanted to make sure mine was an actual order. Hmmm...
Maybe they were surprised by the sudden spike in sales...thanks to this thread! ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:40 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Maybe they were surprised by the sudden spike in sales...thanks to this thread! ;)
I bought a Military from them nearly a year ago and had to call to verify. I was a little confused, since most places don't ask you to call. Shipping was fast and the overall experience was pleasant, albeit strange at first.
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

My order went off smoothly, got a confirmation email this morning with shipping #
rbb2

Post by rbb2 »

Yeah, I have confirmation emails including a tracking number and have not had any requests to call to confirm the order. I guess I'll have to watch to see if the tracking shows the knife actually being shipped.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Their online inventory said they had 323 available when I first posted this deal. Looks like about 50 have sold since then.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

jabba359 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:28 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Their online inventory said they had 323 available when I first posted this deal. Looks like about 50 have sold since then.
That is unfortunate. They have commissioned a couple of very cool exclusives that haven’t done great. I hope they keep trying.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
rbb2

Post by rbb2 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:35 pm
jabba359 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:28 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
That is unfortunate. They have commissioned a couple of very cool exclusives that haven’t done great. I hope they keep trying.
That's what would worry me about the likelihood of them undertaking future exclusives.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Has anyone received one of these CF Delica's in hand? I've got about 40 different Spydie's at this point and don't currently have a Delica in the collection, but a YouTube video bashing the fit and finish on this exclusive has me second guessing this awesome deal. Just looking for a little feed back and/or pics from someone that has picked one of these up. Thanks all!
So it goes.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I also can't believe they are still in stock! I may have to order another. At this price, they will be awesome trade material in the future!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Airlsee wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm
Has anyone received one of these CF Delica's in hand? I've got about 40 different Spydie's at this point and don't currently have a Delica in the collection, but a YouTube video bashing the fit and finish on this exclusive has me second guessing this awesome deal. Just looking for a little feed back and/or pics from someone that has picked one of these up. Thanks all!
Will report back when mine arrives. Btw, I think that YouTube video may be part of the reason these are still around...we shall see if he just got a dud.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
jdw

Post by jdw »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:25 am
Airlsee wrote:
Will report back when mine arrives. Btw, I think that YouTube video may be part of the reason these are still around...we shall see if he just got a dud.

I will look forward to your feedback as well. I have read some other reviews online that have kept me from picking one up. It will be good to hear what someone from this board thinks about the F&F and overall quality.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
grubetown

Post by grubetown »

jdw wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:43 am
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:25 am
Airlsee wrote:
I will look forward to your feedback as well. I have read some other reviews online that have kept me from picking one up. It will be good to hear what someone from this board thinks about the F&F and overall quality.
I ordered one and it should arrive Saturday