Wireless earbuds

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Cao87

Wireless earbuds

Post by Cao87 »

Hey I am looking for a pair of wireless earbuds that are no isolation earbuds
So that I can hear what is around me and I don’t want to spend over $100 if possible
And is comfortable and good battery life
kennethsime

Re: Wireless earbuds

Post by kennethsime »

I like the cheap $20 ones from Amazon, honestly. I use them in the gym mostly.

A lot of them are similar, but Anker seems to be a good brand. I've got a wireless charger, wireless earbuds, and my car charger from them and all work well.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Funny enough, I have wireless Anker earbuds.....I buy them for running, so far so good, and they were like 30 Euros.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Cao87

Post by Cao87 »

So are anker earbuds noise cancelling because I don’t need noise cancelling
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Mine are not.
I have these
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
ThomC

Post by ThomC »

Funnily enough, a consumer's association magazine ranked the Anker Zolo as the best sub-100€ bluetooth in-ears just this week.
I've followed their advice for my mattress, my TV and many other things. I would follow that for in-ears as well.
European amateur knife enthusiast
Hikes and outdoors galore
🏍️Motorcycle enthusiast
In the knoife box : M4 Millie, Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie, TOPS Tanimboca
In the future : CE/SE/Rex45/MagnaCut Millie, K2, Slysz Bowie, linerlock Sage
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I went down that rabbit hole a couple years ago, and tried out waaaay too many pairs--I think I spent close to a thousand bucks buying various different options.

The winner for me was the Bose soundsport: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/hea ... ess_citron

They have both isolation and non-isolation tips, which is important for me because I use them on airlines occasionally (and want isolation tips for that) but usually use them outdoors and wanted to be able to hear what was going on around me.

I also like the fact that they aren't over-ear. The in-ear wings are fantastic. They're super comfortable and super secure. I've made lots of sudden movements with them in and I've _never_ dislodged one.

I love the Bose earbuds. I use them every day, probably averaging 45 minutes of use each day. I destroyed a pair (not their fault--I dropped them in mud on a trail) and immediately bought another pair.
Cao87

Post by Cao87 »

Hey just wondering if it is worth buying the budget earbuds on amazon or is it worth buying the more expensive ones
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I don't have any earbuds, but I've got two Anker chargers. They're pretty good quality.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

The Anker Zolo Liberty (8/100 hours) are a steal for their quality, I got them yesterday.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Peter1960 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:08 am
The Anker Zolo Liberty (8/100 hours) are a steal for their quality, I got them yesterday.
Bunch of enablers around here! :D

I've have the Plantronics backbeat fit that I got for free through work. They're ok but I'm not too crazy about how they sound. I think it has more to do with how they fit my ears than anything. I just checked Amazon for the Anker Zolo Liberty. I found those but then I saw the Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 and they had a instant coupon for $15 off. Hmmm. Then I found the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro. More pricey but a $30 instant coupon. Quality should be better and I like that I can charge the case on one my wireless quick chargers. So I now have a set heading my way. :)
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Nice choice SG, I hope you will have much fun ... :)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:16 pm
I think it has more to do with how they fit my ears than anything.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The wife got me some AirPods. Honestly I really can't recommend them unless you listen to music with little to no bass. They are very convenient vs traditional corded earbuds, but they're all treble. On the plus side though, if you do a job or something where you need or want to be able to hear outside noise/speech while listening to music, then they may be exactly what you need because they have basically no noise cancelling at all unless you just crank the volume way up and blow your eardrums out. Also if I'm honest, I feel silly wearing them...they just look ridiculous to me and if I had a choice of buying them in black I totally would. This is still a fairly new tech so there will be better options coming in the next couple years. Skullcandy already have a set out that no doubt sound better, but I've already seen some not so great reviews on them, but they're also half the price of AirPods. I haven't tried the new AirPods that look like they go deeper into your ear, because they're another $100 over the regular price which is just insane. I am kinda sorta somewhat an audiophile (not as picky as most) but I'm not paying $250 for ear buds no matter how good they sound.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I've heard good things about Raycon earbuds.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I received the new buds today. Dang I'm impressed! Never had a set this nice.

Gonna show my age a little but I'm listening the Best of Fleetwood Mac at the moment. Sounds great!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Cao87

Post by Cao87 »

Is it the raycon also are they noise cancelling and I can’t find them on amazon Canada
Cao87

Post by Cao87 »

Are earbuds with transparency mode worth it
araneae

Post by araneae »

I have the Anker Soundcore Life P2 earbuds and have been pretty happy with them. I actually just got my wife a pair too. For about $50 they are great. With the charging case, you can listen for days without plugging them in.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
BG-ThatsMe

Post by BG-ThatsMe »

Cao87 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:46 pm
Are earbuds with transparency mode worth it
I didn’t think so until I bought The Airpod Pros

Huge upgrade over the first/second gen form factor.

Transparency mode (and full noise cancellation mode) works great. I do a bunch of business on phone while mobile, so these are the greatest thing since sliced bread for me.

They are lights out better than the first gen wrt music.

They don’t fit great in baby sized ears or ears as big as Bloke’s...but fit fine if most earbuds fit