LC200N UKPK drop point

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Enactive

LC200N UKPK drop point

Post by Enactive »

A tip of the hat to Chris in Hove for this gem. I didn't know anything about this--- two of my favorite Spydie things, LC200N and the the drop point blade shape. I am ready for a one hand slip joint too! :D

Any word on handle color or material? Tan or brown G10, anyone? Is it gonna be full salt, and therefore maybe yellow?

Guess I should check out Edge Matters.

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:18 am
From EdgeMatters Forum

“Eric said he would do a run of the UK in a drop point LC when they finish the testing for Galvanic reaction.

sal”
The Meat man

Re: LC200N UKPK drop point

Post by The Meat man »

The quote from Sal about testing for galvanic corrosion seems to indicate it'll be a full Salt model.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:51 pm
The quote from Sal about testing for galvanic corrosion seems to indicate it'll be a full Salt model.
Agreed. Does suggest that.

Also the only precedent for LC200N in a non- Salt knife is the Never Summer Native.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I don't have a need or desire for a slippie, but I may just have to buy one for the heck or it.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Nate

Post by Nate »

Sweet.

Here's one of the old threads asking for it:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75065
:spyder:
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I’m definitely in. Sal, plans for a leaf shape as well?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I'd be so down for an updated UKpk rescue in Lc200n too!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:23 pm
I don't have a need or desire for a slippie, but I may just have to buy one for the heck or it.
I didn't either, but I'm a proponent of the folding mule concept that's been floated here. The AEB-L Urban discussion had some overlap with the folding mule wants discussions. So, I bought one of those AEB-L Urbans once I was able to, in order to support the folding mule idea. I've discovered, as some critics asserted, that the Urban is too small to really be a mule. However, I really like the little knife, and it has me wanting a UKPK if one comes along in some blade steel I'm interested in. An LC200N UKPK Salt seems pretty interesting.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

ugaarguy wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:57 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
I didn't either, but I'm a proponent of the folding mule concept that's been floated here. The AEB-L Urban discussion had some overlap with the folding mule wants discussions. So, I bought one of those AEB-L Urbans once I was able to, in order to support the folding mule idea. I've discovered, as some critics asserted, that the Urban is too small to really be a mule. However, I really like the little knife, and it has me wanting a UKPK if one comes along in some blade steel I'm interested in. An LC200N UKPK Salt seems pretty interesting.
The folding mule needs to be the same design as the Caribbean ;)

As for the UKPK, I just support the use of LC200N. I personally despise 99% of slipjoint knives.

The only one that is exempt from my scorn, is the P.I.T.S.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A slipjoint Salt has my attention from the get-go. I like my UKPK quite a lot so I’m up for something like this.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

That sounds like a great travel knife!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
sal

Post by sal »

It's still pretty early in the process so little can be said at this time. Whenever there is talk about a folding Mule Team, the knife that always come to my mind is a UK. Light weight, lower cost, no lock mechanisms to deal with and legal in most places.

The downside is the large number we'd have to make due to the minimum steel purchase requirements. And the entire market is not always up to slippies to the chance of selling the quantity required is a gamble.

sal
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:00 am
ugaarguy wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:57 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
The folding mule needs to be the same design as the Caribbean ;)

As for the UKPK, I just support the use of LC200N. I personally despise 99% of slipjoint knives.

The only one that is exempt from my scorn, is the P.I.T.S.
Too expensive to be a mule, and, despite the Italian made AEB-L Urban, any potential folding mule will almost certainly need to be a Golden made model to get steel variety.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I shall buy one but I hope the leafy will follow ... and I pray for an orange handle :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

A UKPK in LC200N would be a day one purchase for me. Especially if it had a yellow handle and leaf blade. :D

It still perplexes me that it seems other modern slippies are getting more love and attention than Spyderco's. Perhaps a sprint run with an AFI steel and fancy handle materials? I think the market has changed since Spyderco retired the Ti and CF UKPK's.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

UKPK + Drop Point + LC200N = Spyderco can count on me to buy one!

Postscript: In my eyes one couldn't have too much UKPK drop point variants ... :D
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Living in Louisiana, and loving the UKPK, I am SO IN for this guy!!!
~andrew
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

D1omedes wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:57 am
A UKPK in LC200N would be a day one purchase for me. Especially if it had a yellow handle and leaf blade. :D

It still perplexes me that it seems other modern slippies are getting more love and attention than Spyderco's. Perhaps a sprint run with an AFI steel and fancy handle materials? I think the market has changed since Spyderco retired the Ti and CF UKPK's.
Ditto to everything! I don’t even care which blade as long as it is FFG. If Spyderco started doing some nice UKPK sprints I would be on board with all of them, and I’m in Texas where any knife goes and the comp locks are my favorite.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Eee

Post by Eee »

I’m more excited about this than a grown man should get about some bits of metal and plastic :D
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I am very excited for this.