BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: BHQ Shaman Exclusive DLC/M4

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:21 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:44 pm
Sorry to go off topic but a Knifeworks exclusive Shaman DLC 52100 with grey g10 would be absolutely amazing
That would be very nice! But...I wonder if they would hesitate, since for some crazy reason that version of the Manix took a long time to sell out. They even ran a few price drops on that Manix exclusive.
You have a point there. But also, #shamanmania
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JMM

Post by JMM »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:15 pm
JMM wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:08 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:45 pm
JMM wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:55 pm

I'd buy that in a second.... I've been casually fishing the secondary markets for the DLC 52100 Manix2, I like the steel & the configuration....
I would find that hard to pass up - love my manix from KW.

I like the DLC sooo much better than satin with the jade scales on this one. Tempting, for sure. I bet they'll go fast.
Indeed, I took my Manix2 M4 DLC from BHQ and slapped black scales on it and it's perfect for me (and my 4V Para3 and new DLC Cruwear Shaman)

Love the scales on that cruwear manix! Also, what grip tape did you use on the shaman?
Thanks! The scales on the Cruwear Manix2 was my own spin on a CruCarta that I actually did before all the cool kids did, they have awesome texture ;)
I also replaced the black ball-bearing cage the Cruwear Manix came with for the clear one I had in my old 154cm Manix2, made it look way better...

The Grip tape is from Dragon Grips, they have quite a few colours, and I really like them -- I have their clear ones as well, but they didn't look right on the Rosewood IMO...

Cheers,

John
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

After tax, this knife will around $250. That could actually be a good thing, granted it's a lot of money. At that price, I'd LIKE TO THINK that the flippers may not try to jump all over this one because they have to know after fees and shipping, chances are unlikely that they will be able to make a substantial profit. Would people really be willing to spend $300+ on this knife??

This COULD result in this knife sitting around at least a full day and allowing users/collectors to get theirs at the retail price!

Hopefully this turns out to be true and isn't wishful thinking.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JMM

Post by JMM »

I received an email from BHQ stating that they are ordering a much larger quantity than the last Shaman exclusive as well as working to have their website block bots.... Interesting indeed...

[Edit:] The email was a reply to my question regarding quantity/availability of next weeks drop.
jdw

Post by jdw »

JMM wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:29 pm
I received an email from BHQ stating that they are ordering a much larger quantity than the last Shaman exclusive as well as working to have their website block bots.... Interesting indeed...

[Edit:] The email was a reply to my question regarding quantity/availability of next weeks drop.

I don't plan on trying to buy one but that is really great news!
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

Bots ordering sprints and exclusives is next level. That's insane.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:07 pm
Bots ordering sprints and exclusives is next level. That's insane.
It's been that way for a while. Sounds like BladeHQ is taking steps to combat it, I guess we'll see if they are successful
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Doesn't a lottery nullify bots???

I like the lottery concept; seems fairest.

Lottery open for x number of days before drawing winners ... everyone can get their entry submitted, doesn't matter what time it is, where you are in the world, what you're work schedule is, or if technology is functioning or not (which it frequently isn't) ... so, easy peasy!!! (Side note: We are becoming the Borg, if you watch Star Trek Next Gen you will know what I am talking about and what we become when our technology fails and we have to function as individuals without it ... really doesn't have anything to do with the lottery but a staggering concept that will inevitably become our reality :( ).

Set a limit of one entry per name/or address/or credit card number ... if any of these are duplicated with an entry then the entry is nullified.

OK, I understand some people have multiple credit cards, relatives, or aliases. So, let's take a look at this:

Statistically speaking one entry or three entries is not going to increase your odds of winning!!!! But, that can't be soooo....

Let's assume 1000 entries and 300 knives available ... 300/1000 = .30 or 30% of entrants will be winners.

Now, worst case scenario is you have one or three entries at the start of the drawing: 1/1000 = .001 chance of winning, which is less than 1%; you have 3 entries 3/1000 = .003 chance of winning, which is less than 1%.

Now, best case scenario, 299 entries have been drawn and you were not one of them. There are now 701 entries left and one last knife (oooohhh pick me, pick me you prey): you have one entry 1/701 = .001 chance of winning, which is less than 1%; you have three entries 3/701 = .004 chance of winning, which is less than 1%.

I'm certain some don't like this approach, but again seems fairest to me... you??? :spyder:

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I would be vehemently against a lottery system for sprints and exclusives.

First come first serve has always been plenty fair until the implementation of bots began.
-Nick :bug-red
JMM

Post by JMM »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:55 pm

First come first serve has always been plenty fair until the implementation of bots began.
+1 I Agree 100%
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:18 pm
It's been that way for a while. Sounds like BladeHQ is taking steps to combat it, I guess we'll see if they are successful

I'm just getting back into collecting after being out of the game for a few years. I feel like I woke up in a new century and things are completely different. I don't want to tell BladeHQ and other folks how to run their business, but I think a few captcha challenges and maybe some IP range bans would handle most of the bots.
JMM

Post by JMM »

I'm planning to have a go at procuring one tomorrow morning... Anyone else going to as well? Any predictions on how long they'll last or how well their site will respond?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

BHQ is built for these drops, their servers will have no problem. A supposed larger run, them now applying tax ($25 or so in addition to retail price on this one) I think it may take a few hours. This one doesn't strike me as a flippers dream, and I hope everyone here that wants one is able to get one!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JMM wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:58 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:55 pm

+1 I Agree 100%
+2!!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:36 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:18 pm

I'm just getting back into collecting after being out of the game for a few years. I feel like I woke up in a new century and things are completely different. I don't want to tell BladeHQ and other folks how to run their business, but I think a few captcha challenges and maybe some IP range bans would handle most of the bots.

+1!! Totally agree.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JMM

Post by JMM »

They are already making their way to ebay . . .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-M4-DL ... SwwfFeQh6-
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Got my order in!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
BLM

Post by BLM »

I was able to snagged one up

ETA after ten mins still in stock obviously they knew these would sell and ordered a good amount
Last edited by BLM on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

NOT sold out after 2 minutes! Good work BHQ!
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

Ordered, no crashing, no problems, was actually able to get one.