Super Bowl...who will win?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Super Bowl...who will win?

Post by Doc Dan »

I am routing for the Chiefs. These are the two teams Montana played for, head to head.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Re: Super Bowl...who will win?

Post by MacLaren »

Dan, if I had to make a choice with money involved, I would choose the Chiefs. And, I would choose the Chiefs because of Patrick Mahomes. I really feel like he will just will the Cheifs to a win.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Gotta go with KC as well. I'm sticking to my 27-21 prediction. I think 49ers defense is a bit better than they get credit for. I honestly wouldn't be incredibly surprised if the 49ers win, but the nod goes to KC. Pulling for Andy Reid!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I hope that halftime is the least interesting thing about this year’s Super Bowl. But I must admit my football enthusiasms have largely died out.

However, I did go to 49er games at Kezar as a kid, did see Joe Montana as the second coming (and still do), and delighted in Joe’s success at KC. The latter was easy to do because I was a Lenny Dawson/Hank Stram fan and saw Super Bowl IV as capping off a great year, the year I returned from Vietnam more or less in one piece and met my wife-to-be.

Like Joe Montana, I don’t care who wins. Either will do.

I am mildly curious to see how Garrapolo performs. As a former Brady-understudy, he did acquit himself quite well when Brady went down.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ya know guys, I'm prolly wrong but, some experts say that Patrick Mahomes is the X factor.
I have always thought that Jimmy G is the X factor.
Imo, Patty Mahomes is a CONSTANT- if you will please.
Patty Mahomes is a super star. Mahomes talent at QB has never been in question. Jimmy G, on the other hand, is not proven. Not by a long shot! 8 passes? ( their last game ) Please....
So, that's why I really feel that Jimmy G is the X factor.
If Jimmy G were to explode tonight, the Cheifs will be in deep, deep, trouble. Mahomes or not.....
Last edited by MacLaren on Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Joe Montana was and still is my favorite quarterback of all time. Growing up, I was a 49'rs fan until they decided not to take Joe back when he was healthy again. At that point I became a Chief's fan and have been ever since. I'm loving that it's my "old" team against my current team! Go CHIEFS!
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I absolutely cannot stand the 49ers, but I think they get the W today. Either way, it’s going to be one **** of a football game, potentially one of the best SB’s in history.
Josh
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I have to admit that until this thread I didn't even know who was playing.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

There is so much on the line for Andy Reid and the Chiefs as well as what a Chief's victory would do for Patrick Mahomes young career. If any team has a lot to lose and lot to be motivated for it would be the Chiefs.

But as I said earlier the two teams are so evenly matched I will say that whoever wins the "turnover battle" will most likely win the game. Right now with everything I've gotten to look at I'll take the Chiefs by 10 points. I love the offensive weapons that Mahomes has at his disposal.

This is truly a "do or die" situation for Andy Reid. If he doesn't win this one his chances of getting into the Hall of Fame will be diminished I'm afraid>> and I think he knows it too.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Xplorer wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:20 pm
Joe Montana was and still is my favorite quarterback of all time. Growing up, I was a 49'rs fan until they decided not to take Joe back when he was healthy again. At that point I became a Chief's fan and have been ever since. I'm loving that it's my "old" team against my current team! Go CHIEFS!
It is most interesting that Joe Montana played for both teams. The two years we had Joe Montana here in Kansas City it was great. I think I heard Joe Montana say that "HIS TEAM" is going to win the Superbowl :D Imagine that :D He won't lose no matter what.

I went to the game on Sept 11, 1994 when Joe Montana playing for the Chiefs literally destroyed Steve Young and the 49ers here at beautiful ARROWHEAD Stadium . Check it out.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bearsh, 1001 to 10.

Mike DitKA is coming out of retirement to play Center.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:27 pm
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bearsh, 1001 to 10.

Mike DitKA is coming out of retirement to play Center.
Lol!!!! :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

CONGRATZ JOE!!
KC CHIEFS ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
WINNER OF SUPER BOWL LIV
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Get it Joe!!!!! Congrats brother!!! You've been calling this for the past couple years. I'm very happy for you and all Chiefs fans that it became a reality!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:11 pm
Get it Joe!!!!! Congrats brother!!! You've been calling this for the past couple years. I'm very happy for you and all Chiefs fans that it became a reality!!
Great Super Bowl Rick. I really enjoyed it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
What blows me away is that an hour before the game in the other thread I posted that the Chiefs would win by 10 points. Well I must humble myself and admit I was wrong :o They won by 11 and I missed by one point. I hope you all can forgive me for such a gross mistake :D

With 5 second round draft picks coming up for us in April I do believe we could go 14-2 this next season. I wouldn't even be surprised if Pat Mahomes and Co. could have an undefeated season this next year. They sure have a lot to build on. And I don't think Andy Reid has anything to worry about with a Superbowl victory I'm sure he'll be a first ballot hall of famer when his time comes. But I'm willing to bet he will probably coach another 5 years with Mahomes at the helm. They sure better ink Patrick's new contract in a hurry>> because if they don't I bet Jerry Jones would offer him $50 Million a year or more. I'm sure they'll get his name on the dotted line ASAP.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:20 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
What blows me away is that an hour before the game in the other thread I posted that the Chiefs would win by 10 points. Well I must humble myself and admit I was wrong :o They won by 11 and I missed by one point. I hope you all can forgive me for such a gross mistake :D

With 5 second round draft picks coming up for us in April I do believe we could go 14-2 this next season. I wouldn't even be surprised if Pat Mahomes and Co. could have an undefeated season this next year. They sure have a lot to build on. And I don't think Andy Reid has anything to worry about with a Superbowl victory I'm sure he'll be a first ballot hall of famer when his time comes. But I'm willing to bet he will probably coach another 5 years with Mahomes at the helm. They sure better ink Patrick's new contract in a hurry>> because if they don't I bet Jerry Jones would offer him $50 Million a year or more. I'm sure they'll get his name on the dotted line ASAP.
Good points allround JD.
I agree, signing Mahomes, is job #1 right now for the Hunt family.
All those draft pics are awesome btw.
Joe, you and Chiefs - well, they say is the limit my friend.
I expect to see KC in the hunt for another Super Bowl for quite a few more seasons myself.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I haven't heard anything else about Lord Brady and the Raiders talking to each other. But I did hear it mentioned yesterday on a local ESPN radio station. That would put his majesty in our division. I can't begin to tell how the ARROWHEAD stadium faithful would treat Lord Brady if he were to be the RAIDERS QB :D He better consider that one before he inks a deal with them.

If they can keep many of their key players like Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Bell and a few others I don't see why they couldn't make another run next year. But a lot can happen in one year as we seen last season. Look how the Patriots laid an egg>> And I thought when they signed Brown they were on their way. But that sure changed in a hurry. There is going to be a huge parade for the Chiefs on Wednesday and I'm going to try to make it there.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote: I haven't heard anything else about Lord Brady and the Raiders talking to each other. But I did hear it mentioned yesterday on a local ESPN radio station. That would put his majesty in our division. I can't begin to tell how the ARROWHEAD stadium faithful would treat Lord Brady if he were to be the RAIDERS QB :D He better consider that one before he inks a deal with them.
Believe me, you and me both are hoping that doesn't happen. ;) Brady belongs right here in New England! Also, Brady has been going into Buffalo and dealing with their fans for the past 20 years... He wouldn't have much to worry about in KC. :D

I'm sure you saw his Hulu ad last night... I think my heart stopped for a few seconds during that one! Unless a decision is announced from the Patriots soon, the question of "Where Tom Brady signs?", is going to be the biggest story of the off season for a while.

And I honestly think that if Antonio Brown wasn't such an idiot and kept his hands off his phone, the Patriots would be celebrating their 7th title today. Bradys only reliable pass catchers were Julian Edelman, playing through multiple injuries that would've ended most other players seasons, and James White, who is a running back. He's an incredible player, but still a running back. On top of that, they basically didn't have a tight end. Not having Gronk was the nail in the coffin for them. They had the best defense in the league, but in the end they just didn't have enough offensive weapons to make the run this year. Considering what Brady had to work with, they did very well this season! :D

That doesn't matter right now though, what matters now is (In my best Andy Reid voice) - "How 'bout those CHIEEEEEFFFFSSS!!!!!"
Really though, Congrats to the Chiefs and their fans! :cool:
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:46 am
JD Spydo wrote: I haven't heard anything else about Lord Brady and the Raiders talking to each other. But I did hear it mentioned yesterday on a local ESPN radio station. That would put his majesty in our division. I can't begin to tell how the ARROWHEAD stadium faithful would treat Lord Brady if he were to be the RAIDERS QB :D He better consider that one before he inks a deal with them.
Believe me, you and me both are hoping that doesn't happen. ;) Brady belongs right here in New England! Also, Brady has been going into Buffalo and dealing with their fans for the past 20 years... He wouldn't have much to worry about in KC. :D

And I honestly think that if Antonio Brown wasn't such an idiot and kept his hands off his phone, the Patriots would be celebrating their 7th title today. Bradys only reliable pass catchers were Julian Edelman, playin
To address two your points. First off if Lord Brady does join up with the Raiders he'll have to come to ARROWHEAD at least once a year because the Raiders in our division. And you don't know the ARROWHEAD fans like I know them. Their eternal hatred for the Raiders goes all the way back to the days of Lenny Dawson. Now myself I'm not a "Raider Hater" like many of the Chief's fans are. But if Lord Brady joins the Raiders I can't even stress enough how miserable they would make it for him in our home town stadium. That would really compound the current disdain the Chief's faithful have for the Raiders.

Your second point>> what if, what if, what if>> well it's like my late dad used to say "If The Dog Had Not Stopped To Defecate He Would Have Caught The Rabbit :rolleyes: . >> and he didn't say it in those nice of words either :D AB was a time bomb that would have disrupted any team's chemistry given enough time. Actually it was a blessing for those involved for Robert Kraft to be wise enough to have washed his hands immediately from the worst locker room poison in the entire NFL. Truly the poor guy is for sure mentally ill and seriously needs help. I hope the NFL does not let him return until he gets professional help>> and I am serious too. I got a feeling he's been hit on the head a few times too many :( The Pats had other problems that began to surface over the 2019 season. But I'm sure they'll be back in the playoffs sooner rather than later.