Sun/Moon Chappy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sildani

Re: Sun/Moon Chappy

Post by Sildani »

Thanks anycal, I somehow missed that pic! Then this’ll be excellent.
Coffeetron

Post by Coffeetron »

Sal,

sorry if I have missed the info but are there any CQI changes to the sun/moon chappy over previous iterations?

Thanks!
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

I wonder how hard this variation will be to obtain? I'm contemplating pre-ordering one after pondering it all weekend.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cscottsss wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:27 am
I wonder how hard this variation will be to obtain? I'm contemplating pre-ordering one after pondering it all weekend.
You fear it WILL be hard to option actually, despite being regular production? :eek:

It´s one of my most anticipated knives in a long time, and should you be right I´d think of ordering one from the US and not wait till they come to European stores (I am European)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cscottsss wrote:
Double post
Last edited by Wartstein on Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cscottsss wrote:
Triple post... :p
Coffeetron

Post by Coffeetron »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:38 am
Cscottsss wrote:
You fear it WILL be hard to option actually, despite being regular production? :eek:

It´s one of my most anticipated knives in a long time, and should you be right I´d think of ordering one from the US and not wait till they come to European stores (I am European)
Lamnia has them on the website and price is okay. But I am not sure if you can pre-order... never dealt with them
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Coffeetron wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:43 am
Wartstein wrote:
Cscottsss wrote:

Lamnia has them on the website and price is okay. But I am not sure if you can pre-order... never dealt with them
Thanks! :)
And: No,you can´t preorder there! Just get notyfied as soon as a listed item is actually in stock and available
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Wartstein wrote:
Cscottsss wrote:
Hmmm, this post has me confused. Not sure how to decipher it........
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cscottsss wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:42 am
Wartstein wrote:
Cscottsss wrote:

:p Maybe my lack in the English language ?! ;) Plus: I wrote "option" but meant "obtain".. :o

What I meant:
- 1) The Sun and Moon Chap is regular production (as opposed to "Sprint" or "Exclusive"
- 2) Do you still ("despite" this fact) think it will be hard to obtain?
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:58 am
Cscottsss wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Cscottsss wrote:

:p Maybe my lack in the English language ?! ;) Plus: I wrote "option" but meant "obtain".. :o

What I meant:
- 1) The Sun and Moon Chap is regular production (as opposed to "Sprint" or "Exclusive"
Thanks for clearing that up, yeah I realize it's a regular production but ****, the LW version has been kind of hard to obtain for the past couple years. It didn't help that Shabazz hyped it up in a review vid.

I do believe because of the price tag this sun/moon G10 version might be readily available. I'm going to think on it some more today and might pre-order it from BHQ for $5 tonight.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Wartstein wrote:
Cscottsss wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Cscottsss wrote:

What I meant:
I am not sure how difficult it will be to obtain but my guess is that it won't be in regular production for very long. I feel that the design is too polarizing and as much as some of us love it there seem to be others who dislike the design just as much. Short answer, I would recommend that you buy one/pre-order as soon as you see it available.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Delete
Last edited by Wartstein on Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cscottsss wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:05 am
Wartstein wrote:
Cscottsss wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

What I meant:
Thanks for clearing that up, yeah I realize it's a regular production but ****, the LW version has been kind of hard to obtain for the past couple years. It didn't help that Shabazz hyped it up in a review vid.

I do believe because of the price tag this sun/moon G10 version might be readily available. I'm going to think on it some more today and might pre-order it from BHQ for $5 tonight.

Man, I really messed up that post, just HAD to clear it up, thanks you gave me the opportunity! :)

/ One (main?) reason why the Chap FRN was hard to obtain was the long ongoing cqi of the clip screw placement I think.

And, well, just imho Nick would be a really bad reviewer if he had NOT hyped the Chap FRN ;) (I´ll have to watch that vid) - it IS just that great and unique!

/ for F I V E bucks?! :eek: H O W ?! :confused:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sloooooow down, relax a little...this is turning into a mess and nightmare to read.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:47 am
Sloooooow down, relax a little...this is turning into a mess and nightmare to read.
What you mean exactly? The one post I I failed to make clear what I wanted to say due to English not being my Native tongue?
(Honest question, no offense!)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

jdw wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:06 am
I am not sure how difficult it will be to obtain but my guess is that it won't be in regular production for very long. I feel that the design is too polarizing and as much as some of us love it there seem to be others who dislike the design just as much. Short answer, I would recommend that you buy one/pre-order as soon as you see it available.

Not trying to deter anyone from ordering a Sun/Moon Chaparral as soon as they come out, but I don't see them being a "one year and gone" model. The Raffir Noble version is still around despite not being to everyone's taste. The prices of all three titanium Chaparrals, especially the last two, had some folks groaning but they all were around for quite a few years.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:47 am

Added to my post above:

Sorry man, now I see what you mean: The posts I deleted and marked as "double posts", right?:
You´re right, that´s annoying!
It was cause my laptop did start slow and do some stuff in the background, so it did not show me in time when my posts were actually "posted"... :o
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am still waiting for a Chap I want. I own the CF version and it is awesome ( and I don't really care for CF). I heard rumors of a bronze version and a sheep horn version. Both sound awesome. I am also interested in a stabilized wood version. This one, the LW, the raffir and the Ti ones do nothing for me personally. I am longing for some stylish and classy options. This should be Spyderco's flagship gentleman's knife, the modern replacement for the Kopa. Bring on the Impala Horn!!!!

I should add that I also realize that it is a great user and near perfect EDC for many so I also fully support the idea of a LW version for folks who want that two. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 am
I am still waiting for a Chap I want. I heard rumors of a bronze version and a sheep horn version. Both sound awesome. I am also interested in a stabilized wood version.
Same for me. No scale material that I love has surfaced. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Burlap micarta, stabilized wood, horn...sign me up!