NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by MacLaren »

JD, how many Cheifs fans will have the opportunity to buy Super Bowl tickets? Is it guaranteed an opportunity for season ticket holders only, or how does that work?
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Congrats JD on your chiefs going to miami.
With a 27-0 half, looks like you will likely be meeting my 9ers. (Knock on wood).
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:17 pm
JD, how many Cheifs fans will have the opportunity to buy Super Bowl tickets? Is it guaranteed an opportunity for season ticket holders only, or how does that work?
As far as Superbowl tickets go I've heard that "Season Ticket Holders" have first dibbs on them. I've also heard that you want to put out the dough you can get one fairly easy. But you better have a deep wallet if you do go. But that's part of buying Chief's Season Tickets is that you will always get first dibbs on playoff and Superbowl tickets if you are fortunate enough to make it.

Well I probably shouldn't have went to the store this time :o :( After the 49ers got that first TD I went. I just got back to a score of 27-0 in favor of the 49ers. I'm really doubtful if Aaron Rogers can pull this one off. I do think that Aaron will see his old coach Mike McCarthy in next year's playoffs though :eek: :rolleyes:

Yep it's safe to say that it will be the Chiefs and 49ers. That should be one really colossal game. IT does scare me that the Niners have such a good defense. But I still think that Patrick can run up points like a pinball machine so I think they will probably be in good shape. The Niners sure are better than the Rams were last year :rolleyes: :o
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SF Native wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm
Congrats JD on your chiefs going to miami.
With a 27-0 half, looks like you will likely be meeting my 9ers. (Knock on wood).
Yeah I'm here in the middle of the 3rd Qtr and it looks like the Niners are up against a high school team as poorly as the Packers are playing. And the Packers did so well in the playoffs and the last part of the regular season.

Yeah Andy Reid & Eric Bieniemy both have their work cut out for them to formulate a game plan against the Niners. But I think the Chiefs have as good a chance as anyone. And the Chief's defense is getting better each game. That's probably the main thing that brought them this far. Getting rid of that dudd, deadweight Bob Sutton was truly a good call. He should have been canned 3 years ago IMO.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:18 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:17 pm
As far as Superbowl tickets go I've heard that "Season Ticket Holders" have first dibbs on them. I've also heard that you want to put out the dough you can get one fairly easy. But you better have a deep wallet if you do go. But that's part of buying Chief's Season Tickets is that you will always get first dibbs on playoff and Superbowl tickets if you are fortunate enough to make it.

Well I probably shouldn't have went to the store this time :o :( After the 49ers got that first TD I went. I just got back to a score of 27-0 in favor of the 49ers. I'm really doubtful if Aaron Rogers can pull this one off. I do think that Aaron will see his old coach Mike McCarthy in next year's playoffs though :eek: :rolleyes:

Yep it's safe to say that it will be the Chiefs and 49ers. That should be one really colossal game. IT does scare me that the Niners have such a good defense. But I still think that Patrick can run up points like a pinball machine so I think they will probably be in good shape. The Niners sure are better than the Rams were last year :rolleyes: :o
Thanx for the ticket 411 man
And, its gonna be one helluva Super Bowl between the Chiefs and Niners!
San Francisco is just so darn good.and complete on both sides of the ball.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Believe it or not ticket Scalping is legal over in the Kansas side of Kansas City. And most of them are pretty honest ticket dealers too. Now they do sell them for more than face value but I've done pretty well with Scalpers on a few occasions. I'm sure that there are season ticket holders that will sell their Superbowl tickets and try to make a couple of dollars on them too.

It's really incredible how many people I talked to this past year that go to all of the Chief's home games and they also go to all the games they visit as well. Also you might want to check with a couple of your local travel agencies because the ones up here offer those Superbowl packages every year. And they could get you into a hotel a lot easier that any of us could.

When I went to the store an hour or so ago even the people in the stores were acting crazy over the Chief's victory. Ever since we got Hill, Kelce and Mahomes the games sell out pretty fast. Kansas City is really football crazy at this time. I haven't seen it like this since Joe Montana played with us. You literally had to know somebody to get tickets when he played here in KC.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

So remind me again what determines who the "home" team is in the Superbowl? Best win/loss record? The reason I ask is bc both teams have similar team colors and I'm wondering who will be required to wear the white jersey/red jersey
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:28 pm
So remind me again what determines who the "home" team is in the Superbowl? Best win/loss record? The reason I ask is bc both teams have similar team colors and I'm wondering who will be required to wear the white jersey/red jersey
The Cheifs will be the home team, as the AFC are always the home team on even years, and the NFC odd years.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:14 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
The Cheifs will be the home team, as the AFC are always the home team on even years, and the NFC odd years.
Thanks Mac
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:16 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:14 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thanks Mac
Your welcome.
I should also add, that the home team is always given the opportunity to wear away jerseys if they like. And, sometimes they do.
The Patriots are a good example
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

You guys ought to hear all the local sports radio stations here in KC. You would literally think they just conquered the entire world the way everyone is talking this morning. I bet there are thousands of people that called in "SICK" to their jobs this morning here in KC :rolleyes: . They are having count down parties all over town and I heard that the Chief's owner "Clark Hunt" ( son of Lamar Hunt) is going to be showing up at different places throughout the city.

I was just a kid when Lenny Dawson, Otis Taylor and Willie Lanier won the 69-70 Superbowl. People talked about that one for years. With Patrick Mahomes at the helm I feel like it's possible we might be in more Superbowls in the foreseeable future. I'm sure they have the 49ers as favorites but they better not count out Patrick Mahomes.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The last I saw, the Chiefs were slights favorites
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:14 am
The last I saw, the Chiefs were slights favorites
I always like it when the sports media has your team favored>> however the only thing that counts is the score of the game when the final seconds are ticking away. As good as the 49ers have been this season and especially the defense I saw last night it's sure not going to be an automatic win by any means.

The pressure is not on Patrick Mahomes because he's going to be around for quite a long time barring injury or personal tragedy. But Andy Reid truly "MUST" win this one. Or he'll never garner any high respect>> which could be sad because as dedicated as the man is he truly deserves this one. And that might be the Chief's advantage because Andy Reid surely has more wisdom that young Shanahan has. But again the final score of Superbowl L IV will tell it all IMO.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I really think this will be a great game. A top ranked offense vs a top ranked defense. League best rushing attack vs weaker rush defense. I feel if the Chiefs can open up a 14 point lead in this one, it COULD be over. That defense is playing great against the pass, which the 49ers have shown they can throw...but not consistently. I'm definitely predicting a close one. I think I give the edge to the Chiefs though. 27-21
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I agree that all the pressure is on Andy Reid... Can he win the big one? Guess we will see in 2 weeks. Shanahan has his father to help him and give him advice which is an asset for him. The running back Mostert looked amazing last night. Wow
Last edited by SG89 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:51 am
I really think this will be a great game. A top ranked offense vs a top ranked defense. League best rushing attack vs weaker rush defense. I feel if the Chiefs can open up a 14 point lead in this one, it COULD be over. That defense is playing great against the pass, which the 49ers have shown they can throw...but not consistently. I'm definitely predicting a close one. I think I give the edge to the Chiefs though. 27-21
Well Dude don't sell the Chiefs short on their "rush defense" because they stopped Derrick Henry yesterday to under 2 yards per carry. I was surprised because I didn't even think that was possible as good as Henry had been playing. Not saying for certain that they will repeat that against the Niners but Spagnuolo has really ramped up this defense and it's continuing to get better each week. Spagnuolo was truly a genius yesterday stopping the run.

Also I do like your score prediction being it's in the Chief's favor :D >> but after watching his Majesty Patrick Mahomes dig his way out of two games being behind by double digits I would ramp up that score to 42 to 21 in favor of the Chiefs. I haven't seen anyone operate this good under pressure since the days of Joe Montana and Roger Staubach>> arguably two of the very best QBs ever when they were under immense pressure.

But as Yogi Berra always said "It's Not Over Till It's Over". Especially as unpredictable as this season has been. In all my years of tracking NFL football I've never seen a season like this one ever.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:55 am
I agree that all the pressure is on Andy Reid... Can he win the big one? Guess we will see in 2 weeks. Shanahan has his father to help him and give him advice which is an asset for him. The running back Hostert looked amazing last night. Wow
Oh for certain there is an immense amount of pressure on Andy Reid without a doubt. But to have Eric Bieniemy and Patrick Mahomes both on your team it sure takes a lot of pressure off. I think at least 3 teams are going to be kicking themselves in the next year for not making Eric Bieniemy their head coach.
But in a way I'm glad because when Bieniemy and Reid work together they do really well most of the time. Truthfully I'm going to be sorry when Eric Bieniemy does finally go onto bigger and better things. He's been a great asset for the Chiefs.
The super positive attitude of the Chief's players is really encouraging. And there are so many guys on that team that want to win this one in the worst way. It will be one of the most interesting Superbowls we've had in a while.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This game is tricky as helll to predict imo.
I honestly think the game rides on Jimmy G's shoulders
IF......IF Jimmy G performs great, then I think the Niners may just win it. If he doesn't, then the Chiefs may win COMFORTABLY
Yes, imo, its gonna take more than what the Niners did to Green Bay to beat the Chiefs. Jimmy G is the X factor I think....
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:43 pm
This game is tricky as helll to predict imo.
I honestly think the game rides on Jimmy G's shoulders
IF......IF Jimmy G performs great, then I think the Niners may just win it. If he doesn't, then the Chiefs may win COMFORTABLY
Yes, imo, its gonna take more than what the Niners did to Green Bay to beat the Chiefs. Jimmy G is the X factor I think....
He's definitely going to have to throw more than 6 times in this game! Haha
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Delete, was trying to edit my previous post and hit quote instead of edit