Out of the Box - Behind the Scenes: Quality Results

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
90grains

Out of the Box - Behind the Scenes: Quality Results

Post by 90grains »

Just received the PM 2 DLC Digital Camo today. One day delivery after ordering from Tactical Asia here in PH.

Out of the Box
Unexpected Extremely High Level of Quality
Great looks, feel and function. A beautiful thing!
Everything was perfect and I have never seen a new knife as sharp as this out of the box. Form obviously follows function at Spyderco. The action is remarkable and the "Compression Lock" is easy to use and ergonomic. This PM2 is functional work of art.

Behind the Scenes
Spyderco obviously has the formula down to perfection to be able to deliver great designs at such high quality. It would be interesting to see a video of the beginning of a PM2 until a high quality knife is birthed and boxed. There is no doubt highly skilled and dedicated people who work a well honed process to make it all come together.

As a former US Army MediVac Pilot I am very particular and detail oriented about my tools and the PM2 checks all the right boxes. My only question is why I waited so long to make Spyderco a daily part of my life.
Ric

Re: Out of the Box - Behind the Scenes: Quality Results

Post by Ric »

Yes, the quality and design is amazing.
Without them the knife world would look different and not that advanced as it is now.

There are some shop tour videos available on YouTube.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

There are also proprietary processes involved, so you aren't going to get to see everything without going to work there and being the guy in front of that camera.
JMM

Post by JMM »

Personally I think it's cool to hear stories like this -- I think after years of buying & owning so many Spydies that it's easy to become so used to the level of excellence. It truly is awesome. Ric is 100% correct, without Sal & Co the knife world would be a very different (way less awesome) place.

JMM
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Just wait until you get your hands on one of the sprints/exclusives! Yummm...lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara