Spydies that U R saving up for

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
prndltech

Re: Spydies that U R saving up for

Post by prndltech »

Police 4 LW... I don’t know if saving is the right term though... property taxes are paid, so now it’s more like waiting to do income taxes and see what happens there.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Native Chief in Rex45........other for this is Military 2.
EDIT: I am thinking about Shaman in REX45.......only if it was a bit longer and less expensive.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Cheers Bloke! You're right about that.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JMM

Post by JMM »

In order of priority . . .
The Knife Joker Shaman in DLC Cruwear
The Sprint (not Exclusive) Shaman in Rex45
Manix2 Sprint in Rex45
Chief Sprint in Rex45
Para3 LW in cpm-spy27
Para3 in cpm-s45vn
Lil' Native Sprint in Rex45
jacala

Post by jacala »

When I'm not buying Spydies, I'm buying cans of Baked Beans. Three meals a day. ;-)
Holland

Post by Holland »

Delica & dragonfly in k390
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JMM wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:25 am
In order of priority . . .
The Knife Joker Shaman in DLC Cruwear
The Sprint (not Exclusive) Shaman in Rex45
Manix2 Sprint in Rex45
Chief Sprint in Rex45
Para3 LW in cpm-spy27
Para3 in cpm-s45vn
Lil' Native Sprint in Rex45
Nice :spyder:
Gamecock

Post by Gamecock »

The only ones I’m really waiting for are 1)Another run of Red (garnet) 20cv Manix 2s from DLT...really hope they do it with more available 2) Shaman with micarta in OD green or blue denim 3) Sage 5 LW variants in colors I like and cool stainless steel options. Who knows if one or two will ever come, or if I’ll act fast enough for number 1, assuming they do it.
jdw

Post by jdw »

I can't believe the number of orange knives coming out. I realize that it's color coded to the steel but if you aren't a fan of orange scales your options from this reveal get narrowed down in a hurry.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I'm looking for a Dragonfly, or maybe a Native next.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Dazen wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:03 pm
Naperville wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:01 pm
My second Spyderco Province in 4V. The second one, I am going to fiddle with the handles. Might have aftermarket green micarta grips made for it to match my Chris Reeves Green Beret fixed blade.
Let us know what you find with the scales. I found a guy who could custom make micarta scales for me but he would have to pin them to make them fit perfect. I wish Spyderco offered some aftermarket micarta scales for the Province that are removable and contoured like the stock G10.
Who is the guy/gal that can do the work? I'm not looking for pinned scales but I'll take a look.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:13 pm
Hey Nap, sorry to here, mate and I hope better days are around the next corner for you, mate.

I count my blessings every day and genuinely consider my self very fortunate to be in a position to be able to buy things I don’t need. I know many, many people struggle to make ends meet, let alone have money for flash pocket knives or flash anything for that matter. I’ve been in the same position in the past. I’m no stranger to adversity and I can’t help but have at very least a little empathy for those less fortunate.

Hang in, Nap! There’ll be better days ahead mate, and every dark cloud has a silver lining. ;)
I'm OK Bloke. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other. :D
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

Manix 2 in rex45 and the next St.Nicks exclusive!!
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

kennethsime wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:17 pm
I'm looking for a Dragonfly, or maybe a Native next.
I can certainly recommend the DragonFly!
Talk about a little POWERHOUSE.
Mine is in HAP40, and I love it.
JMM

Post by JMM »

jdw wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:32 am
I can't believe the number of orange knives coming out. I realize that it's color coded to the steel but if you aren't a fan of orange scales your options from this reveal get narrowed down in a hurry.
I will say this about Orange G10 .... If you use Rit "DyeMore" in cherry red, you can very easily change Orange to Burgundy / Maroon / Dark Purple just based on the amount of time.... Clean your g10 really well, and make sure to use the "DyeMore" not the powder, and if you don't like it, acetone for a few hours, then give it a bath in the rit-dye-remover for 20 minutes.... both the dyemore and remover can be found at hobby-lobby or a bazillion places online... I have the PM2 and Para3 Rex45, I've dyed one and left one, it honestly grows on you.... But even if you hate it, the steel, ohhh the steel is so worth dying or swaping scales...
Monty

Post by Monty »

Nirvana 2.0 it's going to be worth having a backup.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:31 pm
Dazen wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:03 pm
Naperville wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:01 pm
My second Spyderco Province in 4V. The second one, I am going to fiddle with the handles. Might have aftermarket green micarta grips made for it to match my Chris Reeves Green Beret fixed blade.
Let us know what you find with the scales. I found a guy who could custom make micarta scales for me but he would have to pin them to make them fit perfect. I wish Spyderco offered some aftermarket micarta scales for the Province that are removable and contoured like the stock G10.
Who is the guy/gal that can do the work? I'm not looking for pinned scales but I'll take a look.
If you’re okay with bonded scales, blind pins work well. I’ve done this on some scales I made for Mule Team blades. I used pins cut from #10 stainless steel sheet metal screws and G Flex epoxy. Bonded scales prevent rust from growing behind the scale slabs.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Bill1170 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 am
Naperville wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:31 pm
If you’re okay with bonded scales, blind pins work well. I’ve done this on some scales I made for Mule Team blades. I used pins cut from #10 stainless steel sheet metal screws and G Flex epoxy. Bonded scales prevent rust from growing behind the scale slabs.
Thank you for the comment! I'm handy but I'll leave the knife mod to a bladesmith. This is probably one of if not the best non custom knife that I own and I'd fudge it up. :o
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Manix 2 Lightweight SPY27
Military (whenever one is announced)
Grimsmo/Spyderco collaboration on a Norseman. This one is just wishful thinking on my part. I really want a Norseman with a Spydie hole! :D
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Gamecock

Post by Gamecock »

jdw wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:32 am
Very true. I don’t do anything orange, ever, so that makes it difficult with this. That evil entity in the upstate of South Carolina ruined orange for me long ago.