Spydies that U R saving up for

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

Spydies that U R saving up for

Post by MacLaren »

For me, its 2 in the very immediate future
1. The Province- gotta have it!
2. The Respect - who really doesn't want one? :D
Wartstein

Re: Spydies that U R saving up for

Post by Wartstein »

Sun and moon Chaparral.
And whenever the Caly 3.5 LW will be finally here, I want to have the funds for that one too already... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
acer

Post by acer »

The 25 knives I brought last year😁, seriously though the Watu and lil native orange sprint rex45 from reveal 4 . I brought a lil native regular compression that I was going to put in my collection along wilt native chief shaman native 5 sprint but thought it that good now in rotation, so need a lil native for collection. And so it goes round and round hay ho Every Man Needs A Vice . Over and in out. Ps that is the right approach to save up for these goodies, not Mr Plastic 🧐
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Watu from Reveal 4 and who knows for Reveal 5, 6, and 7. I will really have to be more selective this year as I will have to focus my money more on other things. Right now I only have 2 spydie folders. They are serving me very well.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I guess a couple of the just announced sprints. Probably not going to be able to wait on those.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Two immediately come to mind:

1. Siren
2. The possible BBB collaboration
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:34 pm
I'm with you on the Province but 1st and foremost it will be mules as long as they are still fixed blades.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:30 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:34 pm
I'm with you on the Province but 1st and foremost it will be mules as long as they are still fixed blades.
I'd say that's a safe bet.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Most definitely the Military 2 for me. Some of us have been waiting for a Compression Lock Military for many years; other than that and the Lil Native REX45 sprint, I can't really afford to go crazy on spending anymore. I haven't bought a knife since November.
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

Watu and a k390 wharnie delica if/when that comes out
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

A PM3 as far as the newer models go. I haven't even remotely looked at the awesome older models yet!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I don’t save. I just spend and then recover. :D I am much more reactive than proactive. ;)

That said, trying to be prepared for about a dozen different knives. Almost half of those are Spydies.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

My second Spyderco Province in 4V. The second one, I am going to fiddle with the handles. Might have aftermarket green micarta grips made for it to match my Chris Reeves Green Beret fixed blade.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:01 pm
My second Spyderco Province in 4V. The second one, I am going to fiddle with the handles. Might have aftermarket green micarta grips made for it to match my Chris Reeves Green Beret fixed blade.
Please post pictures and details if so! Someone recommended this in lieu of an ESEE 6 and green micarta handles on the province sounds like a solid alternative.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I’m fairly impulsive and just buy knives etc. that take my fancy. My saving grace is, I don’t like that many knife designs otherwise I’d be a pauper. :rolleyes:

Buying knives has always been a fairly expensive enterprise for us colonials and for want of a better word I reckon quality knives are a luxury item for many of us here and I dare say for many others living outside the US.

Just for giggles, this morning I check a few places I could buy a replacement for my little Ladybug as an example of what Spyders cost here in Oz. :eek:

Anyhow, it is what it is but I refuse to buy from our local thieves on principle and buy the vast majority of knives from overseas but I just buy them and never save up for anything specific. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

kennethsime wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:27 pm
Naperville wrote:
Please post pictures and details if so! Someone recommended this in lieu of an ESEE 6 and green micarta handles on the province sounds like a solid alternative.
I recommended it. It's the entire knife. The Province is a steal! Buy one for yourself before somebody figures it out and raises the price $100!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:42 pm
I’m fairly impulsive and just buy knives etc. that take my fancy. My saving grace is, I don’t like that many knife designs otherwise I’d be a pauper. :rolleyes:

Buying knives has always been a fairly expensive enterprise for us colonials and for want of a better word I reckon quality knives are a luxury item for many of us here and I dare say for many others living outside the US.

Anyhow, it is what it is but I refuse to buy from our local thieves on principle and buy the vast majority of knives from overseas but I just buy them and never save up for anything specific. :)
Don't feel bad Bloke. I only have 3 things to my name: a few books on combatives and survivalism; a few martial arts DVDs; and some knives.

And if I land a job any time soon, guess what I'm going to have more of? :D
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

kennethsime wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:27 pm
Please post pictures and details if so!
Hey Ken, you may glean a little from this. :)

And, I’ll actually finish sharpen it ... one day. Ah, hahaha! :o

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84967&hilit=Province
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Naperville wrote:
Let us know what you find with the scales. I found a guy who could custom make micarta scales for me but he would have to pin them to make them fit perfect. I wish Spyderco offered some aftermarket micarta scales for the Province that are removable and contoured like the stock G10.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:48 pm
Don't feel bad Bloke. I only have 3 things to my name: a few books on combatives and survivalism; a few martial arts DVDs; and some knives.

And if I land a job any time soon, guess what I'm going to have more of? :D
Hey Nap, sorry to here, mate and I hope better days are around the next corner for you, mate.

I count my blessings every day and genuinely consider my self very fortunate to be in a position to be able to buy things I don’t need. I know many, many people struggle to make ends meet, let alone have money for flash pocket knives or flash anything for that matter. I’ve been in the same position in the past. I’m no stranger to adversity and I can’t help but have at very least a little empathy for those less fortunate.

Hang in, Nap! There’ll be better days ahead mate, and every dark cloud has a silver lining. ;)