My playlist Movie Songs

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
archangel

My playlist Movie Songs

Post by archangel »

I love music. And I strongly think that some movie songs belong to the best pieces of music ever composed. So I created my own movie songs playlist. I'm sure though that I'm missing some. Help me out.

Focussed type are ballads, which is why songs like e.g. Wake Up by RATM is not on it, even though it's extremely powerful. Just does not match the others.

(in no particular order)
Purple Rain by Prince
Down To Earth by Peter Gabriel
Streets Of Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen
Take A Look At Me Now by Phil Collins
Skyfall by Adele
Into The West by Annie Lennox
It's Probably Me by Sting & Eric Clapton
Shallow by Lady Gaga & BCooper
Love Song For A Vampire by Annie Lennox
Over The Rainbow by Izzy Kamakawiwo'ole
Who Wants To Live Forever by Queen
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen {not a movie song per se, though it appeared in Wayne's World - but belongs on every list)

So which movie ballads did I miss?
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
ChrisinHove

Re: My playlist Movie Songs

Post by ChrisinHove »

Ooh, big ask.

Noting you said ballads, for me it’s just,

Will you, Hazel O Connor

Otherwise ...

Don’t you forget about me, Simple Minds
Stayin Alive, & Night fever, Bee Gees
Eye of the Tiger, Survivor
Call me, Blondie
People are strange, Echo & The Bunnymen (Doors cover)
Born to be wild, Steppenwolf
archangel

Post by archangel »

Thanks Chris. The Breakfast Club is among my ATFFs, and Don't You Forget About Me is a great song. Just one step away from being good enough for MY playlist. Eye Of The Tiger's the same. The others don't trigger any emotions in me. I'm sure they're great though, don't get me wrong. No hurt feelings please! :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:19 am
Thanks Chris. The Breakfast Club is among my ATFFs, and Don't You Forget About Me is a great song. Just one step away from being good enough for MY playlist. Eye Of The Tiger's the same. The others don't trigger any emotions in me. I'm sure they're great though, don't get me wrong. No hurt feelings please! :)
Films & music are such a part of our lives, that just a glimpse can take you back to a place and a time, real or imagined, or even just a past state of mind.

It’s true to say that just thinking of the songs on this list felt like watching a movie trailer of parts of my own life!

I’m therefore quite pleased that they don’t trigger the same response in you - that would really be rather weird :D