Quick question: Upcoming K390 Endura family: Sprint runs or regular production?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Quick question: Upcoming K390 Endura family: Sprint runs or regular production?

Post by Wartstein »

As many will know, Sal talked about plans to bring out the whole Endura family in K390 steel.

Can anyone recall if this will be a regular production line or "just" sprint runs?

Thanx! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mushroom

Re: Quick question: Upcoming K390 Endura family: Sprint runs or regular production?

Post by Mushroom »

I can't recall if it was ever said whether or not the entire K390 Endura Family will be sprint or regular production but, the K390 Ladybug in Reveal 4 is listed as a new regular production model.

If that's any indication for the rest of the K390 Endura family, I would guess they'll be regular production. :spyder:

(This is just speculation though)
-Nick :bug-red
Wartstein

Re: Quick question: Upcoming K390 Endura family: Sprint runs or regular production?

Post by Wartstein »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:29 am
I can't recall if it was ever said whether or not the entire K390 Endura Family will be sprint or regular production but, the K390 Ladybug in Reveal 4 is listed as a new regular production model.

If that's any indication for the rest of the K390 Endura family, I would guess they'll be regular production. :spyder:

Thanks! :)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mushroom wrote:

I agree with this assessment! I would think maybe ZDP-189 will be phased out in favor of production K390. Looking forward to the Delica, Endura, and Dragonfly. I'll grab my first Endela as well if this one happens.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

I would love to know is this is going to be a sprint or production also
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Do you guys think that there is any chance that the K390 line (or at least some "familiy members") will also come in SE eventually?!

Though on the other hand for me VG10 is a great steel for SE, and if the VG10 FFG Endura came in SE, I´d be perfectly happy...
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

That would be amazing if it was regular production! I like the color a lot better than green, it sounds to me like K390 is a bit more user friendly than ZDP and it also ensures I don’t go broke by buying so many knives all at once!
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:34 am
Mushroom wrote:

I agree with this assessment! I would think maybe ZDP-189 will be phased out in favor of production K390. Looking forward to the Delica, Endura, and Dragonfly. I'll grab my first Endela as well if this one happens.

I really hope they don't do that! I love ZDP-189, and British racing green is one of my favorites.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

kennethsime wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:37 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:34 am
Mushroom wrote:

I really hope they don't do that! I love ZDP-189, and British racing green is one of my favorites.

Then buy what you want now or better yet buy them on clearance when they are discontinued! :D Out with the old and in with the new!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Hmmm if they include the Endela I might have to try that one
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

I'm crossing fingers for a delica wharncliffe
sal

Post by sal »

The plan is for a sprint series. I'd like to do all of the models in the "Endura family". I'd be intrested in what additional blade configs you wight also like?

sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Serrated blades.

Also, I really like the Endura, but like the blade shape more on the Endela.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Lodestar

Post by Lodestar »

sal wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:14 pm
The plan is for a sprint series. I'd like to do all of the models in the "Endura family". I'd be intrested in what additional blade configs you wight also like?

sal
I'd also love some upgraded steel wharncliffe blades please (if that is what you mean).

Count me in on the dragonfly and delica!
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

Marulaghost wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 pm
I'm crossing fingers for a delica wharncliffe
Me too, most certainly the configuration I want most!

2nd would be a full serrated Delica (either Wharncliffe or standard is fine).
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

sal wrote:

sal
Sal, if there’s any way at all to make the k390 Seki line up regular production, please, please do it. They’d be my perfect EDC knives. I’d buy many.

But if they have to be sprints, I understand. However, the second request in that regard would be to make enough for all of us. Please make the run much larger than they have been being. The game of chasing sprints (and inevitably missing out) has become tiresome and is taking the fun out of spyderco buying for me.

I’m all for them being a sprint, if they’re either not limited to one run - or they are limited to one run but that run has a yield of at least 3k or more.

Please, please. Let us people who actually USE our knives have a chance at getting some of these knives coming out that will make fantastic USERS.

Thank you.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

sal wrote:

sal

- For some time now I advocate for a serrated ffg Endura (serrations ground exactly like on the Endela), but I am not sure if K390 is the best steel for this - maybe too hard?! (VG10 is great for serrated blades imho and a serrated ffg VG10 Endura would have the huge advantage of being regular production most likely)

- And if I can dream: On the Stretch I´d like to see the drop point original blade shape, but the shorter choil (blade part) and longer edge of the straight spine version
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:09 am
sal wrote:
Sal, if there’s any way at all to make the k390 Seki line up regular production, please, please do it. ....

I´d wish for regular production too, but an Austrian "knife-buddy" I am chatting a lot via whatsapp since I sold an Endura to him (hey R. from Austria, should you read this: You really gotta join this forum, you´d fit in here perfectly! :D ) said something along the lines that K390 is not easy to get in larger quantities

(Keep in mind, K390 is an Austrian steel by Boehler, and since I love my little homecountry, that makes me a bit proud and this series even more interesting for me... :rolleyes: :) )
Mattysc42

Post by Mattysc42 »

All the wharncliffes need k390! :D
BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.
bigboned

Post by bigboned »

sal wrote:

sal
tut, sprints are a nightmare for us living in europe - they are all gone before we wake up! or are out at work
Andy
Necker - Ladybug Hawkbill Salt
Mon-Fri - Delica4 in Cruwear
Sat-Sun - Para3 in Cruwear

Urban K390 (2.61"), Bow River (for slicing jerky)

Want to try- PM2 CF M4 OR Cruwear , GB2, Bradley Bowie
Gone - Delica ZDP189, PM2 Cruwear, Para3 LW BD1N, Para3 S30V, Junction, Ti UKPK