TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

Re: TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Post by jdw »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:53 am
Missed out. What a way to wake up. Glad to see they did 2 per household on such a low quantity knife so everyone can get their extra to flip!! :mad: Guess the Knife Joker moniker fits!
After the Cru-Carta fiasco I have stopped trying to get one of these crazy limited runs. There are a lot of good knives out there and as you point out, a lot of these runs are just flipper bait.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Well this was going to be my first Shaman but I guess not.
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:53 am
Missed out. What a way to wake up. Glad to see they did 2 per household on such a low quantity knife so everyone can get their extra to flip!! :mad: Guess the Knife Joker moniker fits! Pretty bummed to miss out on this for how long I've been asking for a DLC Cruwear knife. :(

Don't lump everyone in together. I buy at least 2 of EVERY knife I really like, or think I'll like, and I've never flipped a knife in over a decade.

Of knives I really, really, really like - I will buy as many as 4 of them.

The "2 per household" rule is very welcome to me, because I want one to stick in my pocket and one to keep in the box should I ever lose or damage my first one.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TomAiello wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:56 am
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:00 am
A note on the "smooth" g10 scales on this one: I'm assuming these will be the same as the smoother g10 scales on the St.Nicks shaman.
Can anyone verify that?

The KC "smooth" g-10 scales (manix and native) are really very smooth. Basically no texture at all.

Because it's a Shaman I'd guess you are correct, but I'd be careful assuming things too quickly.
Agreed, we can't know for sure. But I was basing that assumption on the pictures provided where you can still see some texturing/pattern on the scales. For comparison, shaman vs smooth g10 native:

- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I wonder why he decided to do the preorder in the middle of the night?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

He did a preorder?

I guess buying a limited Spyderco is now like catching a unicorn? If that is what the future holds I am gonna direct my attention elsewhere.
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Totally off topic...Julia, how many knives do you have?? I feel like everyday I see or hear about something I've never seen or heard you talk about before haha!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
blues

Post by blues »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:39 am
He did a preorder?

I guess buying a limited Spyderco is now like catching a unicorn? If that is what the future holds I am gonna direct my attention elsewhere.
Join the club. It is unfortunate, but between the price increases and the need to prepare to jump on (by design) limited opportunities, it takes nearly as much preparation as planning a SWAT exercise. I've got other things to do with both my time and my funds. (And I don't enjoy saying it as I have held, and continue to hold Spyderco in very high esteem. That said...there comes a time.)
- Retired from the chase -
FreeGolf

Post by FreeGolf »

Pre order went live late last night. He announced in his IG page. I missed it as well. And in his previous post he was stating "send me an email and I'll get an invoice to you" to certain IG members publicly so he was actually doing preorders via email even before the pre order went "live". This and and a max of 2 per cart, no wonder we missed it! :eek: Should have at least gave a time for pre order release. Though I doubt his webpage could handle that.
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:39 am
He did a preorder?

I share your sentiment, and it appears that many others are starting to as well.

The scarcity marketing, FOMO driven knife drops are becoming tiresome.

I really can’t stand it. I’ve been buying copious amounts of spyderco knives since 2010 and it has always been a fun, pleasurable venture. Now it’s more of a stressful, disappointing exercise in futility.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Yup, we will see if the REX45 Chief and Shaman push me over the edge. :eek: :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:33 am
I wonder why he decided to do the preorder in the middle of the night?
I’m just guessing here but maybe he released in the middle of the night to avoid his site crashing like what has happened in the past with other new/small vendors.

For everyone that didn’t get a chance, I feel your pain. I felt the same way when I couldn’t land the micarta run, and I spent a large amount of time trying to find it.

I’m disappointed with the small quantity these limited runs can be ordered because it makes them so much harder to try and land but at the same time, we probably wouldn’t see all of these variations if a large minimum was required.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I waffled over buying this Shaman for a good hour. I finally decided that I didn't want it.

Almost, but I just don't care for the Shaman.

Now if it had been a funky purple, SE, LC200N Jester, I wouldn't have been able to resist!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

So what was the final price? 215 or 305?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I was charged $234.50
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Never handled a Shaman, bought is it really worth $100 more than a PM2?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:42 am
Totally off topic...Julia, how many knives do you have?? I feel like everyday I see or hear about something I've never seen or heard you talk about before haha!
Ha! I didn't get this one, but I have around 30 knives, maybe 35, mostly spyderco. But I've had a lot more. These days I have a pretty strict one in one out rule. Pre-ordered the KC shaman, sold the spydiechef. This Rex45 sprint business is gonna lead to some tough choices.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

There will be more released on the actual drop date that is TBD as of right now. There is still a chance to get one.

Rich
Think for yourself
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Candyman wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:58 pm

There will be more released on the actual drop date that is TBD as of right now. There is still a chance to get one.

Rich

Great to hear! Hope it is true.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Candyman wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Rich
Theknifejoker said on his preorder Instagram post that preorders will be open until it sells out so unless he put some aside for February 1 it looks like there sold out for good.