One Down Twelve More To Go

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JaseRicco

One Down Twelve More To Go

Post by JaseRicco »

For the sake of keeping this short, you can visit my previous thread for some background...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708

I decided to start collecting the various Delica 4 Sprints and Exclusives that have been released over the years. For the first, I chose the Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive. I received it today and I’m lovin it!!

Just a Stunning knife :D Kudos to you Sal!!

What can I say, it’s a Delica 4, so it’s just about the perfect EDC. VG-10 steel which has good edge retention and sharpens to razor sharp easily. And it’s Damascus!!

Just a few photos of me and my Delica on our first day...

C67BBA10-7483-445C-B350-2E489F0193AB.jpeg
E90DD310-74F4-455A-8525-847658E3C8A0.jpeg
AD713932-D645-4618-9037-E55FFDBD3B80.jpeg
254787AB-A76E-4795-A01A-45945ABCDFCA.jpeg
A558569D-0485-4002-AA9D-2FD02CD990DE.jpeg
AD0EAB47-EE40-4799-8D43-CC3421773022.jpeg
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
JuPaul

Re: One Down Twelve More To Go

Post by JuPaul »

Great place to start your delica collection!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I’m jealous. Nice knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:22 pm
Great place to start your delica collection!
Yes, it sure is
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 pm
I’m jealous. Nice knife.
Thank you
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Very nice! Now go for the HAP40! :) (Great steel and it´s orange handle will contrast the Damascus Delicas nicely... ;) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are a lot more than 12 left. ;)

This is a photo from the user "Reject" - He has one of the most impressive Spyderco collections I've ever seen! :spyder:

From a thread called "How Many Delicas are out there?" -
Reject wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:07 pm
The photo above was taken a few years back.
This is the latest one and it needs to update again. The number of variations of the Delica I have at the moment stands at 88 and I have many more to find.

And this isn't even a complete photo, there are still more Delicas to be added! :cool:
-Nick :bug-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:22 am

This is a photo from the user "Reject" - He has one of the most impressive Spyderco collections I've ever seen! :spyder:

Reject wrote:
This is the latest one and it needs to update again. The number of variations of the Delica I have at the moment stands at 88 and I have many more to find.
And this isn't even a complete photo, there are still more Delicas to be added! :cool:

Cool pic, and sure I immidiately spotted the serrated Wharnie Delica... This must be one of the best cutters in the world, and even blow my Endela SE out of the water I assume...
Last edited by Wartstein on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:08 am
Very nice! Now go for the HAP40! :) (Great steel and it´s orange handle will contrast the Damascus Delicas nicely... ;) )

Thanks!

Yep, I do miss having an orange go to in my collection. The HAP40 very well may be the next one I run down, but the order in which I purchase these will most likely be dictated to availability on Blade Forum's "The Knife Exchange". I'll try to limit my purchases to one/month, making this a fun project that will last all year, but that means there will be a month that I will need to purchase two :D .
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JaseRicco wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:37 am
Wartstein wrote:

Thanks!

Yep, I do miss having an orange go to in my collection. The HAP40 very well may be the next one I run down, but the order in which I purchase these will most likely be dictated to availability on Blade Forum's "The Knife Exchange". I'll try to limit my purchases to one/month, making this a fun project that will last all year, but that means there will be a month that I will need to purchase two :D .

Again, too bad that you don´t like wharncliffs... the burnt orange Wharncliff Hap40 Delica is still available for rather little money.
Good luck with your quest!! And please keep posting pics of your hopefully growing collection! :)
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:22 am

Reject wrote:

Very nice collection, pretty cool.

I used SpydieWiki as my resource. I'm only looking for Sprint & Exclusive Delica 4's, in FRN, with the "typical" blade shape(think it's drop point or whatever). SpydieWiki shows 13 as far as I can tell.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Kyle8734

Post by Kyle8734 »

Bento Box has some of the wharncliff Hap40 Delicas and regular blade shape ones. Sucks to pay the $15 shipping but...save up for a bit until you can buy one and the M390 version together and only pay the shipping once. I love my M390 version and have been using it a lot since I purchased it. Blade is not soft on it either, had it Rockwell tested-first poke 61.4 and second was 61.8
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Kyle8734 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:45 pm
Bento Box has some of the wharncliff Hap40 Delicas and regular blade shape ones. Sucks to pay the $15 shipping but...save up for a bit until you can buy one and the M390 version together and only pay the shipping once. I love my M390 version and have been using it a lot since I purchased it. Blade is not soft on it either, had it Rockwell tested-first poke 61.4 and second was 61.8
They do, but while the HAP40 Wharnie Delica comes at a great price imho (even shipping included), the "regular" not so much. As said, too bad that the OP does not like Wharnie Delicas.. for me personally this is THE size for a wharncliff shape (don´t like it in bigger folders) and as icing on the cake it has the thin Delica stock. Perfect Wharnie imho (ok, VG10 Wharnie SE could be even better... :rolleyes: )
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:39 am
JaseRicco wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:37 am
Wartstein wrote:

Thanks!

Again, too bad that you don´t like wharncliffs... the burnt orange Wharncliff Hap40 Delica is still available for rather little money.
Good luck with your quest!! And please keep posting pics of your hopefully growing collection! :)
I certainly will. Not sure if this month will be the month I purchase two, if not, I will be on the lookout for another next month.

I'll be enjoying my D4 Damascus until then.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold: