What "others" are in the mail?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Knivesinedc

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Post by Knivesinedc »

Its been a while but I bought the first NIB knife Ive purchased in probably close to 2 years. Its an MKM Isonzo Hawkbill. Little Italian made hawkbill flipper on ceramic ball bearings. Think dfly size with a linerlock and a flipper haha. Very unique little piece.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Eafengrow EF226
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

My 1st ever ZT...0470, couldn't pass it up for the price!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:03 am
So you got one after all? After I read and responded to your message yesterday morning I got home from work and put mine in my pocket :) I still like my 0450 but the 0470 is really nice
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:56 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
So you got one after all? After I read and responded to your message yesterday morning I got home from work and put mine in my pocket :) I still like my 0450 but the 0470 is really nice
Yep! Found one this morning for $155, used. The butt of the knife has a couple dings and very tiny scratch on the clip. Other than that it looks mint, never sharpened besides touch ups on a Sharpmaker. Couldn't pass it up!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Went ahead and ordered another Eafengrow? It's the Strider/Microtech version, DOC I think?
At any rate, good reviews and only $27
Supposedly D2 and well built. We shall see.
I was so impressed with the Bestech Swordfish in D2, I thought I might give this brand a try.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Randall Model #14 Attack 7.5" Stainless….. Will be a user (Like my #1 is), bugout bag knife. I believe the Model #14 Attack would be the best blade to have in the bag if SHTF... "Designed to meet the demand for an almost indestructible all-purpose knife, though it is especially suited for combat and survival purposes". For the USMC per request, the Airforce wanted a shorter blade version so the Model #15 (5.5" blade) Airman was made. The Sheath on the Model #14 Attack is per USMC specs with help from the USMC. The Model C sheath comes with Models 14, 15, 17 and 18. They were not mass produced as was the original plan due to personal changes back in the 1950's. Randall added the #14 and #15 to the catalog instead. Soon after once Vietnam started the Model #14 sales skyrocketed past the Model #1 becoming the Vietnam knife of choice.

Just a little background on the Model. :)

The Model #16 SP1 and Model #12-9" #14 Grind are for the collection, not users as will the Model #14 Attack O1 Steel Ordered from Randall 5+ year wait.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:34 pm
Randall Model #14 Attack 7.5" Stainless….. Will be a user (Like my #1 is), bugout bag knife. I believe the Model #14 Attack would be the best blade to have in the bag if SHTF... "Designed to meet the demand for an almost indestructible all-purpose knife, though it is especially suited for combat and survival purposes". For the USMC per request, the Airforce wanted a shorter blade version so the Model #15 (5.5" blade) Airman was made. The Sheath on the Model #14 Attack is per USMC specs with help from the USMC. The Model C sheath comes with Models 14, 15, 17 and 18. They were not mass produced as was the original plan due to personal changes back in the 1950's. Randall added the #14 and #15 to the catalog instead. Soon after once Vietnam started the Model #14 sales skyrocketed past the Model #1 becoming the Vietnam knife of choice.

The Model #16 SP1 and Model #12-9" #14 Grind are for the collection, not users as will the Model #14 Attack O1 Steel Ordered from Randall 5+ year wait.
Dang, Jim. Your gonna have me buying Randall's that I cant afford, lol.
Seriously, that's awesome man.
I've already been perusing the Randall site, I really like the Smithsonian Bowie, but it's a 6 year wait. Only a $50 deposit though. ****, that's really right up my ally, lol. It would take me about 6 years to save up for it. I may just reserve one.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:17 am
Ankerson wrote:

I've already been perusing the Randall site, I really like the Smithsonian Bowie, but it's a 6 year wait. Only a $50 deposit though. ****, that's really right up my ally, lol. It would take me about 6 years to save up for it. I may just reserve one.

The #12 Smithsonian Bowie is pretty beastly. :D

6 year wait, you can pay on that along the way through their site too so you don't have a bill at the end.

If you want a Randall there isn't any reason not to get one, they have the best layaway plan in the knife industry.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:23 am
MacLaren wrote:
Ankerson wrote:

6 year wait, you can pay on that along the way through their site too so you don't have a bill at the end.

If you want a Randall there isn't any reason not to get one, they have the best layaway plan in the knife industry.
I may just do that!
Like ya say, pay it down as ya go.
I think that one was like $730?
At any rate, it is the best layaway plan :D
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:58 am
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Ankerson wrote:

I may just do that!

And it's very easy to pay as you go too, link right on the main page. :)

I do think any knife guy should have at least one in their collection.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:01 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:58 am
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

I may just do that!

And it's very easy to pay as you go too, link right on the main page. :)

I do think any knife guy should have at least one in their collection.
I agree. Thanx, Jim.
ThomC

Post by ThomC »

First knife of the year is an Ontario Rat I in D2, should arrive today.
Well, second actually since I bought a BRK North Country EDC too. And a new small Nontron kitchen knife (paring knife I believe you call it ?).
Probably the last ones for the first half of the year, despite the serious envy for a Spydiechef and a Bradford.
European amateur knife enthusiast
Hikes and outdoors galore
🏍️Motorcycle enthusiast
In the knoife box : M4 Millie, Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie, TOPS Tanimboca
In the future : CE/SE/Rex45/MagnaCut Millie, K2, Slysz Bowie, linerlock Sage
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Bark River Bravo Squad Leader 3V. Crucarta Shaman who? :p
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 am
I've been eyeing several Bark River knives for a while now...might have to pull the trigger on one this year!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:46 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 am
I've been eyeing several Bark River knives for a while now...might have to pull the trigger on one this year!
Careful, they are addictive
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

That is a lot of knife SG!!! Can’t wait for pics!

The Barkies are addictive. I think I am up to 8 now. All started with that Wilderness Explorer, then a Kephart and now an addiction.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mini Bugout
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
It's an excellent one! One of my favorites, I usually carry it along with my Amalgam. Perfect big/small combo! I actually bought a backup 470 I liked it so much. But I'm thinking about selling it and my backup 801ti because I just put an order in for a custom benchmade crooked river and I have way too many knives!

Can't wait for the custom. I'm thinking it will be a month or so, but I may be surprised. We will see.

Also have to get my rescue crooked river off to benchmade for a new blade, scale, and pocket clip. Found it for a good price, offered even less, and they took it. Now just have to get it taken care of and it will be a great user!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

6" ti lite Kris.