Spyderco Hooded Sweatshirt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
curlyhairedboy

Re: Spyderco Hooded Sweatshirt

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I also prefer full zip hoodies.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Same here, I probably have around a dozen hoodies and only 2 of them are pull overs.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Cscottsss wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:51 am
Does anyone even wear full zip hoodies? Bummer it's not a regular hoodie without a zipper.
I have, wear, and like both.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sal

Post by sal »

I wear full zipper hoodies quite a bit.

sal
James Y

Post by James Y »

I prefer hoodies with zippers more than pullovers.

I used to have a red Spyderco T-shirt that had an image of a SE SS Police model on it, but that was many years ago and would probably be considered "too aggressive" today. But it was a cool shirt.

Jim
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Cambertree wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:11 am
Another cool mod would be to have a reinforced horizontal slit next to your pocket so the whole knife can be dropped down into it, with just the clip riding outside your clothing.
Would you want the top of the knife "hiding" as well? Assuming it didn't have a low ride clip of some sort?
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

sal wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:23 pm
Hi All,

Sorry, I lied. Talked with Eric this evening and the hoodies did clear QC. Back to the drawing board.

sal
I am assuming a typo and they in fact *didn't* clear QC?
For the record i'd take full zipper over pull over any day of the week! Keep up the good work!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx larry,

Yes, you are correct. my bad. They did not clear QC and are not available. I corrected the original post.

sal
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Can I stop by the outlet and pick up a non-QC'd hoodie? There's many uses for subpar sweatshirts... I love to free up your inventory space instead of dropping $12 on another clearance Walmart sweatshirt.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:01 pm
Cambertree wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:08 pm
For example, extra knife or utility pockets with reinforced stitching.

I think we can all relate to having favourite items of clothing worn out around areas where knives are pocket clipped.
I own a loft full of industrial sewing machines, and I habitually modify my pockets to reinforce them against clip damage. I tend to wrap 1" flat webbing around the edge of my pockets, and then put in slots for the clip so that the 'spoon' sits back down inside my pocket as well. Works great for both knives and flash lights.

I also frequently put elastic loops inside my cargo pockets, but that's for my other gear.
Fantastic ideas! I’ve bought trousers with reinforced pocket edges, but the clip spoon recess and storage loops .... brilliant!
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I can't wait for the new Hoodie. I was lucky to get one of the new shirts. I did notice it is a lot thinner than the last lot of shirts. Not a big deal for me really as it is hot here at the moment, so it gets worn a lot.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

This is very timely. I'm getting close to getting me a new Carhartt Hoodie. I like the heavy duty grade Carhartt Hooded Sweatshirts with insulation and front zipper. I'm wondering if Spyderco is going to offer a really cold weather grade unit like I just described?

I usually hate to buy any clothing items or shoes online or mail order because I always like to try them on for size before I buy them. I do like any of the clothes with the Spyderco name and/or logo on them.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I am really looking forward to getting one of these too. I prefer full-zip over pullover, so this should work nicely.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

TomAiello wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:54 pm
Cambertree wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:11 am
Another cool mod would be to have a reinforced horizontal slit next to your pocket so the whole knife can be dropped down into it, with just the clip riding outside your clothing.
Would you want the top of the knife "hiding" as well? Assuming it didn't have a low ride clip of some sort?
Tom, all my knives except my Lefty Millie are fitted with either aftermarket deep carry clips or low riding wire clips - so yes, the whole knife would pretty much be hidden inside your clothing.

I suppose a small square of fabric sewed inside the pants/jeans would be a good way of also reinforcing the slit. If you had two slits, one above the other, similar to what you described earlier, you could also have most of the bottom of the pocket clip tucked away and hidden as well, if that was something you wanted.

I kind of stumbled across this idea when a favourite pair of hiking pants developed a small tear just above my left pocket. Sometimes when going to replace my knife in my pocket, it would instead go into the hole and clip onto the top of the tear. I realised it was a pretty cool way of actually having your pocket completely clear for other things, yet still having the same accessibility to your pocket knife.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Hope the Sweatshirt (and also the T-Shirts) will make it to European dealers too eventually.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Man, I want one of these. I like the full zip option too.
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I prefer full zip as well....how bout a knit cap to match for the winter?
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Slightly off-topic, just wanted to say how much I love the mint green Knife Anatomy shirts featuring the Native; got one with my SS Stretch. Stoked on nice soft shirts that fit well and feature my favorite knife brand!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Any word on these? :)
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
sal

Post by sal »

Management is re-looking at potential vendors.

sal