NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:53 pm
Wow. Just wow.
Man, it really is a shame though. The guy is super duper talented.
But, I agree. Hes prolly done for good with the N.F.L.
MAC what makes me so sick about this entire debacle of insanity is that he had the potential of being up there with Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Drew Pearson or anyone else in the NFL Hall Of Fame as a receiver.

I really think that Jon Gruden would have bent over backwards and beyond for the opportunity of working with AB. But even when he landed with the Pats which appeared to be his hidden desire he couldn't even do just one lousy request. The Patriots asked him to simply lay off of the Social Media and not draw bad attention to their team. Had he just obeyed that one request that Mr. Kraft asked of him he would probably be headed to an AFC Championship game at this point in time.

But his Grand Canyon sized ego and his complete lack of common sense destroyed all of that>> with probably no hope of ever making the big pay day again. He'll probably be broke within the next 3 to 5 years I'm predicting and then what :( :(

I sure hope this can be a serious lesson for young aspiring athletes not to be a jerk like AB :( It really saddens me to see anyone flush their life down the toilet. GOD help him :(
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:54 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:53 pm
Wow. Just wow.
Man, it really is a shame though. The guy is super duper talented.
But, I agree. Hes prolly done for good with the N.F.L.
MAC what makes me so sick about this entire debacle of insanity is that he had the potential of being up there with Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Drew Pearson or anyone else in the NFL Hall Of Fame as a receiver.

I really think that Jon Gruden would have bent over backwards and beyond for the opportunity of working with AB. But even when he landed with the Pats which appeared to be his hidden desire he couldn't even do just one lousy request. The Patriots asked him to simply lay off of the Social Media and not draw bad attention to their team. Had he just obeyed that one request that Mr. Kraft asked of him he would probably be headed to an AFC Championship game at this point in time.

But his Grand Canyon sized ego and his complete lack of common sense destroyed all of that>> with probably no hope of ever making the big pay day again. He'll probably be broke within the next 3 to 5 years I'm predicting and then what :( :(

I sure hope this can be a serious lesson for young aspiring athletes not to be a jerk like AB :( It really saddens me to see anyone flush their life down the toilet. GOD help him :(
Man, I agree a 1,000%
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I just got the news that the Carolina Panthers have just hired "Matt Rhule" as their new head coach. They got him from Baylor University It will be interesting to see how another top name college coach fares in the NFL.

Right now I'm really surprised that Eric Bieniemy ( the KC Chiefs OC) hasn't been taken yet in the present openings for a head coach. But I'm still just over-joyed that Mike McCarthy is now the Head Coach of "America's Team" i.e. The Dallas Cowboys. It's already shaping up to be a great season here in 2020.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:25 am
I just got the news that the Carolina Panthers have just hired "Matt Rhule" as their new head coach. They got him from Baylor University It will be interesting to see how another top name college coach fares in the NFL.

Right now I'm really surprised that Eric Bieniemy ( the KC Chiefs OC) hasn't been taken yet in the present openings for a head coach. But I'm still just over-joyed that Mike McCarthy is now the Head Coach of "America's Team" i.e. The Dallas Cowboys. It's already shaping up to be a great season here in 2020.
I never viewed Rhule as a top name college coach.
Far from it actually. The Panthers must just really like the guy.
Or more over, Rhule was actually willing to take the job.
Heck, most college coaches are making so much now, that they really dont want to fool with the N.F.L.
Ya know?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh!!! And the name I was trying to remember in reference to the Cowboys, and who Jerry Jones liked was Lincoln Riley of OU.
But, again, Riley wasnt about to leave his very high paying job and they say his office is absolutely incredible at OU, for a job with Jerry Jones. Yup, not the Cowboys, but Jerry Jones.
Jerry can be a WHOLE DIFFERENT CONVERSATION, but I dont wanna get into that now. I'll just say, it's a shame what they left on the table after Jimmy Johnson left.
And, I like Jerry Jones.
Last edited by MacLaren on Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

It's just too darn hard to make it in the NFL for a coach.
The difference on winning and loosing is inches and less! as in college is by yards most times. ( poor analogy, but u get the point :)
So, why give up in most cases making more money as a college coach for the NFL?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Giants got the Patriots wide receiver coach as their new HC... Was kind of hoping Coughlin would make a comeback I miss seeing his very animated exasperated expressions on the sidelines lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:31 am
Giants got the Patriots wide receiver coach as their new HC... Was kind of hoping Coughlin would make a comeback I miss seeing his very animated exasperated expressions on the sidelines lol
Didnt the Cowboys get Mike Nolan as DC?
I knew you were wandering about that side of the ball.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:37 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Yeah I saw that... Don't know much about him... Also curious who the other defensive coaches will be
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:37 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Yeah I saw that... Don't know much about him... Also curious who the other defensive coaches will be
Yeah, I'm like you, I dont know that much at all about Mike Nolan.
Will be interesting to see who else they get.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

and looking like we will land Clappy McClapperson as our OC....ugggghhhhh. Really don't want to see this guy on our sidelines.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:52 am
and looking like we will land Clappy McClapperson as our OC....ugggghhhhh. Really don't want to see this guy on our sidelines.
You gotta be freakin kiddin?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Cowboys New Head Coach....... :D
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahahahaha!!! Good stuff!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Scary!
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:04 pm
No Fair :mad: I think I would be tempted to take Marvin Lewis over this biotech lab creation :eek:

I wonder which branch of the CIA they smuggled that photo out of :rolleyes: Please!!!???? Say it ain't so :D !!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:42 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:04 pm
No Fair :mad: I think I would be tempted to take Marvin Lewis over this biotech lab creation :eek:

I wonder which branch of the CIA they smuggled that photo out of :rolleyes: Please!!!???? Say it ain't so :D !!!
Lol, yup Marvin might be man compared to...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

You know in a way it kind of blows my mind that the Dallas organization was able to assemble such a huge array of talent with Garrett being their coach :confused: . Because at the end of that one game after they lost to the Jets I believe it was you saw Garrett out there trying to "High Five" all the players coming off the field but yet hardly no one was wanting to have any part in it. That alone indicated to me that Garrett never really had any leadership ability or not to mention ever had any respect from the players >> no where even close to be "head coach" material.

Even the coach that Garrett succeeded "Wade Phillips" to me was 5 times the coach that Garrett ever aspired to be. But what was so sickening was how Garrett was rewarded over and over again for such a dismal performance. Here in Kansas City for years the fans have had a lot of say about whether or not they wanted to keep the Chief's head coach. Romeo Crennel and Herman Edwards were both literally run out of town by the entire Chief's fan base. And that's a fact>> I could cite 3 other examples of how we ran a coach out of town.

Speaking of the Cowboys however >> here you got an owner who immediately fired probably one of the top 3 NFL coaches of all time (Tom Landry) >> then fired a coach who won 2 Superbowls for him ( Jimmy Johnson). But on top of all of that insanity he put up with Garrett's dismal results for almost a decade :( . Am I crazy or is what I just described complete insanity?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Jerry has fired every single Cowboys SUPERBOWL winning headcoach.... Think about that JD. It'll really blow your mind. 60 years as a franchise and 5 Superbowls. Steelers are a much older franchise and have 6 rings. Patriots are same age as Cowboys and have 6 rings.
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:17 pm
Jerry has fired every single Cowboys SUPERBOWL winning headcoach.... Think about that JD. It'll really blow your mind. 60 years as a franchise and 5 Superbowls. Steelers are a much older franchise and have 6 rings. Patriots are same age as Cowboys and have 6 rings.
I remember so vividly the 77-78 Cowboys Superbowl winning season. You had the all-star line up of Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Butch Johnson, Billy Joe DuPree, and Drew Pearson all on the offensive side of the ball. On Defense you had Randy White, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Harvey Martin and Charlie Waters. During that Tom Landry Era the Cowboys were not only respected>> they were feared!!

That' was truly one of the most pleasant and memorable Superbowls I ever watched. They completely destroyed the Craig Morton led Denver Broncos who were heavily favored to win that game. But that entire Cowboys team had a winning attitude. Very few football teams in my life I've seen that I can compare to that team. Again how did a team with that type of reputation end up with mamby-pamby Jason Garrett as a coach to begin with????

Hardly nothing makes any sense to me anymore.