NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:21 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:30 am
OK here's my Wild Card Weekend Predictions for today's NFC playoff games. I'm predicting the Vikings to upset the Saints by 9 points.

However in the game between the Seahawks and Eagles I don't give Carson Wentz and Co. even a long shot chance against the Seahawks. The Eagles shouldn't even be in the playoffs IMO.

I do agree that Wentz has been better these last two weeks than he has most of the season but I still rank him as a "paper tiger" at best :rolleyes: But I don't see the Seahawks going any further after this game.

But I might be going back to a diet of "crow" if I'm wrong again :o
Dam Joe!!
Great call on the Vikings!! How did you figure that??
I wouldve bet A LOT, that the Saints would win.
Way 2 go Joe!!
Well I've got to be honest because when it went into overtime I thought that would go in the favor of the Saints. It was really the fault of the Saints all the way to let the Vikings stay in the game. But last night for some strange reason I just felt that the Vikings were going to prevail.

The Vikings should give the 49ers a good game but I'm not ready to call that one yet. But I will say that I'm going with the Titans to upset the Ravens. I just feel really good about that one for some weird reason. The Vikings/Saints game was far better than I even thought it would be.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well the Seahawks took the second game. I really didn't think that the Eagles had even a remote chance but I will admit that they played the Seahawks way better than I had expected. Sorry to see Wentz get hurt but that team has got a lot of repair work to do during the off-season.

But I'm going out on a limb again. I'm taking the Packers over the Seahawks. I would love the Vikings to beat the 49ers but it's time to come back down to earth. I just don't think the Vikings have the firepower to beat the 49ers like they did with the Saints.

My wild shot is that I now believe the Packers will ultimately win the NFC. They are really starting to peak at the right time.

Well I avoided eating "CROW" this week and we'll see what happens next week end. But the Vikings taking out the Saints was a huge upset for sure.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:34 pm
Well the Seahawks took the second game. I really didn't think that the Eagles had even a remote chance but I will admit that they played the Seahawks way better than I had expected. Sorry to see Wentz get hurt but that team has got a lot of repair work to do during the off-season.

But I'm going out on a limb again. I'm taking the Packers over the Seahawks. I would love the Vikings to beat the 49ers but it's time to come back down to earth. I just don't think the Vikings have the firepower to beat the 49ers like they did with the Saints.

My wild shot is that I now believe the Packers will ultimately win the NFC. They are really starting to peak at the right time.

Well I avoided eating "CROW" this week and we'll see what happens next week end. But the Vikings taking out the Saints was a huge upset for sure.
Why not just wait until Friday to make your pics. That way you can take a look at the injury report on Wednesday.
No pressure JD, your doin great :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:00 pm
JD Spydo wrote:

Why not just wait until Friday to make your pics. That way you can take a look at the injury report on Wednesday.
I'll most certainly take that under advisement ;) On a sidenote you ought to hear some of the ticket prices for the upcoming game at ARROWHEAD this next Sunday. Also Terrell Suggs already has a fan following here in KC in just the short time he's been here. The game between the Chiefs and the Texans will be most interesting needless to say.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:43 pm
MacLaren wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

I'll most certainly take that under advisement ;) On a sidenote you ought to hear some of the ticket prices for the upcoming game at ARROWHEAD this next Sunday. Also Terrell Suggs already has a fan following here in KC in just the short time he's been here. The game between the Chiefs and the Texans will be most interesting needless to say.
Holy cow, yall got T-Sizzle!
Man, he can still play though. That's gonna be a great showdown with the Ravens, pending both teams win next weekend.
Btw, I can imagine the ticket prices, but what are they actually quoting?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:32 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:43 pm
MacLaren wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Holy cow, yall got T-Sizzle!
Man, he can still play though. That's gonna be a great showdown with the Ravens, pending both teams win next weekend.
Btw, I can imagine the ticket prices, but what are they actually quoting?
Oh you wouldn't believe how well received Suggs is among the Chief's fan base. He has become like an overnight rock star since he's been here. And Suggs already has one sack as a KC Chief and I think he might actually have two if I'm not mistaken. From what I was told Mr. Suggs just loved the idea of playing with Patrick Mahomes & Co. He was a powerful force on defense in that last regular season game with the Chargers>> oh he's definitely a factor in the playoffs for sure.

I was actually kind of hoping that Lord Brady would have to come to ARROWHEAD and face Frank Clark and Terrell Suggs :eek: But that's OK we don't have to worry about him and the Evil Emperor taking anything away from us this year ;)

We had Spencer Ware back on the roster for a couple of games but he had a season ending injury in Week #16. Actually I don't care who we play in the third round of the playoffs. Of course I would like to see it all here at ARROWHEAD but I think we're ready to take on anyone at this point. Not guaranteeing a SB victory but there isn't a whole lot of pressure on us either.

I heard on one radio show of some of the prime tickets here at ARROWHEAD up in the 4 digit range. I'll know more this week I'm sure.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I hope this isn't bogus news people. Am I on a roll or what :D :eek: I just got word that the Dallas Cowboys just inked a contract with Mike McCarthy!!! Well Jerry Jones must have my computer bugged or he's got someone spying on me :rolleyes:

Actually folks this is good news as far as I'm concerned. The Cowboys have been overdue for a real head coach for quite some time now. Boy I bet the Green Bay Packer's organization is not having a good day today :D I bet a bunch of them are looking for a bottle of Xanax or a good stiff drink :D

Yes Sir folks!!!! Mike McCarthy is now the new head coach for America's TEAM :)
Last edited by JD Spydo on Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Ugggghhhhh...I can see the Giants taking Marvin Lewis now and ending up in the same position we've been in the past few years. Sucks, but the Giants are now the NEW Buffalo Bills. Giants fans always picked on the Bills fans around here, but the shoe is definitely on the other foot these past few years.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:23 am
Ugggghhhhh...I can see the Giants taking Marvin Lewis now and ending up in the same position we've been in the past few years. Sucks, but the Giants are now the NEW Buffalo Bills. Giants fans always picked on the Bills fans around here, but the shoe is definitely on the other foot these past few years.
NO just sit down and rewind and take it easy my friend. There is no way the Giant's organization is going to hire Marvin Lewis or Jason Garrett. No I can't put that in writing but no top notch football organization like the NY Giants would hire either one of those two castaways I would darn near bet my M390 Military on that one.

Aren't you guys happy that the Cowboys got Mike McCarthy!!! If I had a voice for singing I would be doing the tune "Happy Days Are Here Again" :D

I bet the Green Bay Packers front office is needing a really stiff drink at this point :D :D Because big Mike will make it a point to beat his old team I'm just totally sure of it. I think it's quite possible that Dallas could win the NFC next year. They've got the roster and now they've finally got a real coach. Don't worry your GIANTS will be just fine I'm sure :)

I bet SpyderGirl is dancing and singing to herself right now :D Either that or she just fainted :D :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Dude......please tell me The New York Football Giants did not just hire freakin MARVIN LEWIS?????
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
NO just sit down and rewind and take it easy my friend. There is no way the Giant's organization is going to hire Marvin Lewis or Jason Garrett. No I can't put that in writing but no top notch football organization like the NY Giants would hire either one of those two castaways I would darn near bet my M390 Military on that one.

Aren't you guys happy that the Cowboys got Mike McCarthy!!! If I had a voice for singing I would be doing the tune "Happy Days Are Here Again" :D

I bet the Green Bay Packers front office is needing a really stiff drink at this point :D :D Because big Mike will make it a point to beat his old team I'm just totally sure of it. I think it's quite possible that Dallas could win the NFC next year. They've got the roster and now they've finally got a real coach. Don't worry your GIANTS will be just fine I'm sure :)

I bet SpyderGirl is dancing and singing to herself right now :D Either that or she just fainted :D :D
JD is on FIRE!!♨️♨️♨️
He will now pick us some lotto numbers :)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:36 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Dude......please tell me The New York Football Giants did not just hire freakin MARVIN LEWIS?????
Hahah, NOOOO...I'm just hoping that they DO NOT!! I'd rather go coach-less and just play under coordinators than have him lead the team.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:04 am
MacLaren wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Hahah, NOOOO...I'm just hoping that they DO NOT!! I'd rather go coach-less and just play under coordinators than have him lead the team.
Lol, Whew!! That was scary for a brief moment lol.
Going to be interesting to see who the Giants do hire though.
Heck, maybe they could get Harbough to leave Michigan?
I'm grasping at straws...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:09 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:04 am
MacLaren wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Lol, Whew!! That was scary for a brief moment lol.
Going to be interesting to see who the Giants do hire though.
Heck, maybe they could get Harbough to leave Michigan?
I'm grasping at straws...
And just to think about a year ago when I was mad at Andy Reid and wanted him to get the ax :confused: Heck he's like one of the 12 Apostles compared to Marvin Lewis or Jason Garrett either one .

But the Cowboys got themselves a real, tried, true and tested genuine article of a head coach and that being Mike McCarthy.

I really owe Andy Reid an apology in one sense>> but then I do take it back when I think about how he kept Bob Sutton on our staff in his "ol buddy" system. Sutton was truly the main reason we didn't get to go to the SuperBowl last season IMO. Spagnuolo hasn't been perfect but he's been at the very least 80% better than that dead weight Bob Sutton was :rolleyes:

There are some ex-coaches that should have never even been head coaches to begin with. But no team should ever even consider hiring Marvin Lewis, Jason Garrett, Jay Gruden or about 6 others I could mention. It takes a special chemistry and a special set of "people skills" to be a successful head coach. As far as college coaches in the NFL>> well didn't people learn their lesson with Steve Spurrier and Lane Kiffin :rolleyes: as well as about 8 others I could mention.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Well I am happy with the hiring of Mike McCarthy and I am very curious as who will be the defensive coordinator as it figures to be a defense-heavy draft for the Cowboys
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:02 am
Well I am happy with the hiring of Mike McCarthy and I am very curious as who will be the defensive coordinator as it figures to be a defense-heavy draft for the Cowboys
McCarthy, if anything will be a good steady hand at the helm imo.
Plus, he does in fact have already 1 Super Bowl under his belt as well.
For a defensive Coordinator, I would really try to steal Brett Venebles away from Clemson.
But, I'll bet about anything McCarthy will already have his own people in mind.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

That year off from the rigors of the NFL I do believe is going to pay a huge dividend for Mike McCarthy. I bet he learned far more in his year off than he did in the past 3 years put together. There were some locker room problems with him and Aaron Rogers toward the end and everyone involved needed a fresh start IMO. Green Bay has a been winner with their new coach and I also believe that Mike McCarthy will now be a winner with the Cowboys as well.

He's got one big piece of ammunition he never had with Green Bay>> and that's a monster running back like Ezekiel Elliott. That along with a nearly complete roster already poised for a huge season in 2020. SpyderGirl mentioned some deficiencies in the defense but that can be repaired during the off season>> and I'm sure it will be. McCarthy has a huge, huge head start toward being a dominant force in the NFC as head coach of the Cowboys. This is such good news that it almost reminds me of the old Roger Staubach days of the Cowboys. Yeah I think it's going to be that good :cool:

OH I can't even wait until the Packer and Cowboys play each other in the regular season. That will pop the Nielsen ratings skyward. :cool:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Shucks, Big D has the talent to win multiple Super Bowls.
I think McCarthy capable of doing it too....
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! :D :D Just when many of you here at Spyderville started to believe that I ( JD Spydo) has all but gone over the edge. Just when most of you believe that "Your's Truly" is ready for serious mental health treatment or to be confined and observed in the Western Missouri Mental Health Ward ( KC's notorious psyche ward). Well I'm going to put your minds to ease. Because Antonio Brown has just made me look like Ward Cleaver :D

Antonio Brown has gone on record claiming that all the teams that traded him, shunned him or just flat out cut him or disrespected him in any manner are all under the "Antonio Brown Curse" :rolleyes: :D Oh dear citizens of Spyderville please bear with me because I couldn't have made this stuff up>> at least not in that short amount of time :rolleyes: . But all the teams that have had anything to do with Antonio Brown in the past 12 months have succumbed to a voodoo curse of his making>> which he says is why they've all bombed in the playoffs and had various other spells of bad luck. That's him saying that Folks!!! Not me :rolleyes:

I don't even have any hope of even the XFL even giving this dunce-bucket a chance any longer >> much less the NFL ever allowing this certifiable nut job back in the league again. No folks I didn't make this up I first got it from one of our local sports radio stations here in KC and then confirmed it with 3 different articles from a Google search. He's truly that far gone folks :o If he could guarantee my team 3 TDs a game I still wouldn't want him. Just thought you all would like to know what's going on with ANTONIO BROWN :( That dude needs professional help and I'm not joking either.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Wow. Just wow.
Man, it really is a shame though. The guy is super duper talented.
But, I agree. Hes prolly done for good with the N.F.L.