Where #theheck Vivi went?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Pancake

Where #theheck Vivi went?

Post by Pancake »

This day I found some very strange thing. I was looking in some thread and I found this Accountdeletedbyrequest....... and then I though, wait a second, this post looks like from Vivi?!

What the heck?! One very knowledgeable person and one of very fine users here, I really liked his posts and we had similar opinions.

Where did he went?
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
VooDooChild

Re: Where #theheck Vivi went?

Post by VooDooChild »

Check the thread a couple before this one titled mods please close this thread.

Im not sure of whats going on.

I do know I hate to see any long time forum member leave over typical online type of bs. Especially one who posted good reviews.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

VooDooChild wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:17 am

I do know I hate to see any long time forum member leave over typical online type of bs. Especially one who posted good reviews.
I agree
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yea I was hoping it was just a one day thing and he would be back. He's a MAJOR asset to this forum, I really hope he comes back. I've learned A TON from him about sharpening the past couple years.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
PStone

Post by PStone »

Vivi will be missed, that’s for sure. I too hope it is only temporary, his input is always valuable and honest.

I am curious though how he managed to change his screen name. I’ve tried to change mine and have even emailed support about it. I was told it was not possible.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 am
Vivi will be missed, that’s for sure. I too hope it is only temporary, his input is always valuable and honest.

I am curious though how he managed to change his screen name. I’ve tried to change mine and have even emailed support about it. I was told it was not possible.

Vivi's departure was his choice. It wasn't something taken lightly. There is no blame to place anywhere, just a choice that has been made. His user name was removed when his account was deleted. All of his posts, however, remain - removing over 6K posts would leave huge gaps in the forum. I'd appreciate it if we could move forward, please. The choice was his and the details are private.

DirtMcGirt:
I do change user names when requested. Typically, I ask for some type of explanation. I'm sorry if you were given incorrect information, but if you'd like to PM me with the info, I'd be happy to take care of it.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Few people (other then Mr Sal himself I presume) knew as much about the Police model than Vivi. He just had to be responsible for quite a few P4 sales over the past year, although for me it was pics of Cambertree's and Meat Man's bevels what did it lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
PStone

Post by PStone »

TazKristi wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:50 am
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 am

Vivi's departure was his choice. It wasn't something taken lightly. There is no blame to place anywhere, just a choice that has been made. His user name was removed when his account was deleted. All of his posts, however, remain - removing over 6K posts would leave huge gaps in the forum. I'd appreciate it if we could move forward, please. The choice was his and the details are private.

DirtMcGirt:
I do change user names when requested. Typically, I ask for some type of explanation. I'm sorry if you were given incorrect information, but if you'd like to PM me with the info, I'd be happy to take care of it.

Kristi
Roger that, and also, pm inbound. Thank you!
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

TazKristi wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:50 am

Kristi
Thank you Kristi for some clarification. Vivi will be missed, but as you said, we have to move forward. I hope that he will come back one day.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Well this news makes me sad.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:53 am
Well this news makes me sad.
Me too!
Vivi's posts were something I always looked forward to. :(
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

c'est la vivi

You will be missed :(
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

That was sudden. :(

I hope all is well with him and that he returns sometime. He has been a tremendous asset to the forum and I'll miss his contributions a lot.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Very sad :(
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Indeed a big loss for our community here. I learned an awful lot about sharpening and a few other things from Vivi. I'll miss his contributions big time. :(
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

What :confused:
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

This makes me sad. Not the same place here anymore without Vivi.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

I'm in the forums for a longer time than the average members and what I learned is that people come and people go. I too miss a good number of members from former times with their excellent input in the forums.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Peter1960 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:52 am
I'm in the forums for a longer time than the average members and what I learned is that people come and people go. I too miss a good number of members from former times with their excellent input in the forums.
Yes, but most of them are "just" no longer active, right? Having ones account deleted is a more definite form of "good bye" I think.
Vivi of course will have had his good reasons, still it´s sad. Learned a lot from him and he shared great content.

@ Kristi: I know you asked for us to "move forward" and I totally get that. But I think if people don´t start to argue or ask for reasons, but just say "good bye" and that they miss a member of our community, that´s only a good thing imho.
Hope that´s ok with you, otherwise just delete my post,that´´d be ok with me
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I have slowed down posting quite a bit in the last year or so and I sometimes take breaks where I log out just to keep myself from commenting on some of the more pointless threads but deleting an account is a little extreme I think. It's easy enough to just stop posting for a while.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David