Sydney fires

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Sydney fires

Post by Doc Dan »

Fires around Sydney, Australia continue to burn out of control. Two firefighters just died battling the blaze. I hope out Spyderville friends are all okay. Praying for Sydney.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Re: Sydney fires

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:35 am
Fires around Sydney, Australia continue to burn out of control. Two firefighters just died battling the blaze. I hope out Spyderville friends are all okay. Praying for Sydney.
Yeah I saw that on a news site I frequent. I sure hope that Brother BLOKE and his family are OK. They also said that on the other side of the continent in the town of "Perth" that they were having the same kind of fires going on there too.

I find that quite interesting from the standpoint that those fires are similar to the ones we've had here in the state of California.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Hoping all turns out well down there.

Portugal has also been having a lot more wildfires.

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

It does kind of bother me that BLOKE hasn't chimed in lately. I've PMed him about the fires but haven't heard back yet. And he lives right in the direct area of the ones in Sydney AUSTRALIA.

A lady named Deborah Tavares has done some videos pertaining to the fires in California. There is some disturbing information in her videos. She also has a website www.stopthecrime.net

Yeah in the past year I've been hearing of wild fires all over the planet as well as increased earthquake activity.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Yeah, I emailed him and he’s not responded.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
James Y

Post by James Y »

I hope that Bloke is all right.

Jim
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Me too...
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Tims

Post by Tims »

Bloke’s probably outside with a hose in his hand!

This is the current status of active fires in my state, NSW, Australia. Sydney’s under there. Somewhere.

Tims

Post by Tims »

Just an update to let people know Bloke is fine. Dealing with the smoke but otherwise safe.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well here it is the morning of Dec, 22, 2019 and no report of Brother BLOKE :confused: I'm just a tad bit worried that he hasn't given us an update. I checked a couple of websites on the status of the fires and it isn't good from all I've gathered.

I even heard about the fires on the mainstream media this morning so it must be a pretty big series of wildfires.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Tims wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:16 am
Just an update to let people know Bloke is fine. Dealing with the smoke but otherwise safe.
Thanks Tims and God bless all you folks!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Tims wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:08 pm
Bloke’s probably outside with a hose in his hand!

This is the current status of active fires in my state, NSW, Australia. Sydney’s under there. Somewhere.

I didn’t realize you were in that area, too. Stay safe.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I talked to a guy here where I live who is also from Australia and he says that the town of Perth is getting it bad. One of the Deacons at my church told me yesterday that there are fires all over the entire continent of Australia going on now as well. It's really strange in many ways that we here in the USA don't hear much about what takes place Down Under in the continent of Australia.

I'm more convinced now that our commercial mainstream News Media here in the USA is nothing but a big money hoax and that's saying it as kindly as I can put it.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:07 am
I talked to a guy here where I live who is also from Australia and he says that the town of Perth is getting it bad. One of the Deacons at my church told me yesterday that there are fires all over the entire continent of Australia going on now as well. It's really strange in many ways that we here in the USA don't hear much about what takes place Down Under in the continent of Australia.

I'm more convinced now that our commercial mainstream News Media here in the USA is nothing but a big money hoax and that's saying it as kindly as I can put it.
One of the things you find out quickly living overseas is that for the media the only place that exists is the USA and occasionally England.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Many Thanks for everyone’s well wishes and concerns and apologies for the late reply. I’ve been of annual leave. It’s a hectic time of year and I’ve rekindled an old interest in Betta Fish (Siamese Fighting Fish) and I set up a little aquarium for our eldest granddaughter and her little brother.

Anyhow, it’s been horrendous here and we’re many miles from an major fire front. We’re expecting more extreme temperatures in the next few days and no doubt more new fires and flare ups of existing fires.

To date in NSW alone we’ve lost just under 1000 homes, to brave, young volunteers lost there lives and we’ve lost over 1000 Koalas (not to mention other native fauna).

It’s just life in Australia but this year is the worst on record and it’s not over yet. With no rain predicted till late January, early February it’s not over yet. :eek:

Here’s a picture I took on my last day of work for 2019 at 15:30, Dec 13, looking west from HMAS Waterhen (Balls Head) at North Sydney and it’s no better today. I can’t remember what a clear blue sky looks like. :rolleyes:

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Glad you are ok Bloke, and hoping for a surprise rain storm for you folks.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bloke,

I’m also glad that you’re okay. That haze reminds me of how it looked here back in 2003, during a big wildfire that burned through several areas of our county. Although the air quality in your photo looks even worse.

Jim
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Barry and Jim, you’re both very kind.

It’s just after 11:00 here and it’s 35degC already on the coast with plenty of smoke haze. It’ll be 40degC plus in the western suburbs and other parts of the State.

There’s a total fire ban in place and we’ll see what the day brings. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Just saw something on it, they are still out of control?

Looks like the Military is stepping in to help get people out.

I hope you and your family are safe.