Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Post by JuPaul »

Where are the pictures, guys???
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

JuPaul wrote:Where are the pictures, guys???

867CD799-3E9F-4A21-B5DA-09B0685A02B6.jpeg
Let me know if you want anything specific, it seems identical to the tan DLT version the way the DLT and BBS M390's feel the same. I'm a big fan of the color and look forward to the DLC variant which I think will look awesome, nice to have another shade of green in the mix and hope to see more bright colors in future. Thanks Knifejoy and :spyder:!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DTPrime wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 pm

Let me know if you want anything specific, it seems identical to the tan DLT version the way the DLT and BBS M390's feel the same. I'm a big fan of the color and look forward to the DLC variant which I think will look awesome, nice to have another shade of green in the mix and hope to see more bright colors in future. Thanks Knifejoy and :spyder:!
Thx - just wanting to see color comparisons just like that. Love your green Stretch, btw!
- Julia

kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

DTPrime wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 pm
Wow, excellent job on the RIT dye! Can you provide your recipe?
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

The green on that stretch is excellent. The pm2 looks more yellow than I was expecting.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Here’s a couple of pics ;) Torx bits are still smoking!

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Joey

Post by Joey »

Sorry if the photo is blurry, but here it is next to “K390 ranger green” and “Maxamet grey” in front of “pajama flannel” :p
It really is very neon green, but I’m sure they could have made them a tad more “neon”. Some DLC coated hardware would really make it pop, no doubt!
Ah... beat me to it, Radioactive Spyder! And in a much prettier way.
Attachments
9785FAC4-8BF3-4BD7-B11C-E59AF41DBCBD.jpeg
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

Oh yeah that looks awesome RadioactiveSpyder! Planned to swap too but they said they'd do another run in DLC, we'll see if I can wait :eek:
kennethsime wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:12 am
Appreciate ya, it was done with powdered Teal RIT dye in about 30 minutes and just box instructions so a little salt/dish soap/vinegar. Done in a small pot so no measurements, just paper towel tested til I liked the color (though it's closer to forest green than teal out of sunlight). Here are both in foggy sunlight with the british racing green for comparison, the KJ is yellower in pictures to my eye but it's definitely very bright in person.
IMG_7023 (1).jpg
rivy

Post by rivy »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:40 pm
Gorgeous! The Para3 Skinny is one of the best mods IMO.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Wow, love all those! Now you've got me thinking...was the s35vn blade from the brown/dlc para3? I may need to do that same swap.
- Julia

kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

DTPrime wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:29 pm
Oh yeah that looks awesome RadioactiveSpyder! Planned to swap too but they said they'd do another run in DLC, we'll see if I can wait :eek:
kennethsime wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:12 am
Appreciate ya, it was done with powdered Teal RIT dye in about 30 minutes and just box instructions so a little salt/dish soap/vinegar. Done in a small pot so no measurements, just paper towel tested til I liked the color (though it's closer to forest green than teal out of sunlight). Here are both in foggy sunlight with the british racing green for comparison, the KJ is yellower in pictures to my eye but it's definitely very bright in person.

IMG_7023 (1).jpg
You definitely just convinced me to go for the SS Stretch. :-)

All I ever wanted was that bad boy in British racing green, I'm going to go ahead and try it with the RIT dye.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:35 pm
Wow, love all those! Now you've got me thinking...was the s35vn blade from the brown/dlc para3? I may need to do that same swap.
Yes, the red lightweight was a blade swap with the brown G10 DLC S35VN model, with hardware off the new black DLC BD1N lightweight. The leftovers are a black lightweight M390 and a brown G10 BD1N (which will likely be sold).

As far as the green DLC one goes, I also heard there’s a DLC version identical to this on the horizon but honestly I did not care for the green and satin combo one bit! It just had to be a DLC setup in my mind. ;) :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:19 am
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:35 pm
Yes, the red lightweight was a blade swap with the brown G10 DLC S35VN model, with hardware off the new black DLC BD1N lightweight. The leftovers are a black lightweight M390 and a brown G10 BD1N (which will likely be sold).

As far as the green DLC one goes, I also heard there’s a DLC version identical to this on the horizon but honestly I did not care for the green and satin combo one bit! It just had to be a DLC setup in my mind. ;) :)
If they do release a dlc version of the pm2, I'll be interested for sure! It does make the green pop, and I like dlc in general.
- Julia

CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Could not get this one direct from Knifejoy so I had to resort to the secondary market; cost me +$45 but it is on the way. Prices seemed to drop a bit after a couple of weeks...