Your TWO To Return In 2020

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jpm2

Re: Your TWO To Return In 2020

Post by jpm2 »

abbazaba wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:49 am
C22 Michael Walker
C121 Terzuola Slipit as a lockback or liner lock :)
Yeah these.
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:25 am
A G-10 Rookie K390 like it's big brother would be sweeeeet lol
and this
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Wayne Goddard lightweight in Cruwear or 4V

C95 in 3V, 4V, Cruwear or K390

Both of the above must have at least some PE models for them to be useful to me.
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

A paramilitary 1 in cruwear.
A sage 3 in m390, closest thing spyderco has to a small cbbl, only it's a bolt.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

Saw the title and definitely thought this was about which knives I bought that I’d send back... thought that was weirdly negative.
😂
I want the Mantra 2 back with certain upgrades... maybe a CF show side (Kapara style cf, not laminate plz no laminate) and improved action.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

aaronkb wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:30 pm
Saw the title and definitely thought this was about which knives I bought that I’d send back... thought that was weirdly negative.
😂
I want the Mantra 2 back with certain upgrades... maybe a CF show side (Kapara style cf, not laminate plz no laminate) and improved action.
That's funny, and the Mantra2 CF is a great idea!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

benben wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:08 pm
Pancake wrote:
C95 with Cru-Wear
^^^^^This! But I'd also take it in 3V, 4V, or PD#1 (with Dino jimping)!

And while I'm here.......an Ayoob, PE or SE, any steel!
And a updated Wegner or Wegner Jr. in PE Cru-wear since we now know Japan can use it. Of course we know this one will never happen!

Pretty sure I'll be 0 or 3 on my 2020 wish list! ;)

I like the Wegners as well. I'd love to see a St Nick's Red/DLC 4V Ocelot!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

Another vote for the Walker C22!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:53 pm
benben wrote:
Pancake wrote:
C95 with Cru-Wear

And a updated Wegner or Wegner Jr. in PE Cru-wear since we now know Japan can use it. Of course we know this one will never happen!

Hey "SteelCity" I also liked both the old Wegner and Wegner Jr. models as well. But I've heard that bringing them back might be difficult because of Tim Wegner going his own way with the BLADE-TECH company. Not sure of the entire situation because I haven't checked them out in years.

But my top wish for an outdoor folder to return in all of it's variants is the Ed Scott IMPALA model from the 2004-2005 time slot. It was one of the very few folders that had a gut-hook that I was actually impressed with. Not to mention the ergos of that handle that Ed Scott so cleaverly designed as well.

To have the Impala comeback as well as to see a full Spyderedged version of the CATCHERMAN would be an outdoorsman's dream. Spyderco never really marketed those knives aggressively as I think they should have>> because as good as both of those models were I feel they both should have been permanent models like the POLICE, Endura & Delica. Check out the IMPALA model and see if you wouldn't want that one in your hunting gear.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:50 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:53 pm
benben wrote:
Pancake wrote:
C95 with Cru-Wear

Hey "SteelCity" I also liked both the old Wegner and Wegner Jr. models as well. But I've heard that bringing them back might be difficult because of Tim Wegner going his own way with the BLADE-TECH company. Not sure of the entire situation because I haven't checked them out in years.

But my top wish for an outdoor folder to return in all of it's variants is the Ed Scott IMPALA model from the 2004-2005 time slot. It was one of the very few folders that had a gut-hook that I was actually impressed with. Not to mention the ergos of that handle that Ed Scott so cleaverly designed as well.

To have the Impala comeback as well as to see a full Spyderedged version of the CATCHERMAN would be an outdoorsman's dream. Spyderco never really marketed those knives aggressively as I think they should have>> because as good as both of those models were I feel they both should have been permanent models like the POLICE, Endura & Delica. Check out the IMPALA model and see if you wouldn't want that one in your hunting gear.

I also like the Impala, though I don't have a need for the gut hook version. The non-hook version would be a fun one to bring back in Cru-carta.

I'm with you on the Catcherman as well. I think a Catcherman sprint would do well.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

PE Catcherman in LC and a Mantra 2 XL w/stainless blade of Spyderco's choice.
infinkc

Post by infinkc »

EF648F52-AD9C-45E9-AE82-9477934A4B43.jpeg
Walker and Rookie sprint please, my 2 favorites still.
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

I’d go for a Spyderench and Impala in updated steels. A straight edged blade on the Spyderench would be cool. I have no need for the guthook blade version of the Impala either.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

VashHash wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:47 pm
Been asking for years and still asking

KRIS in any configuration of steel and handle material. Preferably a linen Micarta or bone/horn/whatever.

Darn Dao in CPM 3V. Make another flash batch. I think a chopper deserves a steel like 3V. I bought 2 of the originals and I'd buy it in 3V too.
Well VASH this is interesting in many ways. Because the KRIS model has probably garnered more popularity since they deleted it from the main line up probably more than any other model I can think of. If any old-school Spyder would be a super success the second time around it would more than likely be the KRIS model IMO.

But again I want to start seeing more Spyderco blades with curve in them to be offered in SE and PE both.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Tdog wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:42 pm
PE Catcherman in LC and a Mantra 2 XL w/stainless blade of Spyderco's choice.
If you would ever get to test drive a full Spyderedged version of the CATCHERMAN you would be sold instantly. Oh sure if they ever brought back the Catcherman I would like it available in SE, PE and even in CE. The Catcherman was one of the few models that people even seemed to like in CE.

But the SE CATCHERMAN is about my favorite knife for culinary uses I've ever laid my hands on.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

The Persian with a thinner grind and flashy bolsters would be great. I have the red Sprint and I love it a lot, but the edge is pretty thick.

The one I'd spring for immediately is a Des Horn, but with a front flip tab. It doesn't need it, but I think the market appreciates them enough now that it's worth including.

(There are rumors the original custom by Des Horn was a front flipper, but all the photos I've seen are of his similar patterns are automatics.)
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

1. Slysz Bowie
2. Slysz Bowie, but fancier.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
James Y

Post by James Y »

I would say the SS-handled H1 Mariner Salt (was that what it was called?), but I don't think it sold well during its run, and probably wouldn't do much better with a re-release. I never did get one; once I decided I might, it was already DQ'd.

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

James Y wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:48 pm
I would say the SS-handled H1 Mariner Salt (was that what it was called?), but I don't think it sold well during its run, and probably wouldn't do much better with a re-release. I never did get one; once I decided I might, it was already DQ'd.
Jim I cut my "Spyder-Teeth" on that GIN-1, Full SE MARINER model. It was the very first Spyder I ever owned or used. But believe me the one that followed is even far better than it was. I'm speaking of the Stainless Handled RESCUE model out of the ATS-55 era. I still EDC my Stainless RESCUE to this very day. That Stainless RESCUE model was built like an Abram's Tank. The absolute abuse and hard uses I've put that knife through is beyond belief. And like a well made watch it's still ticking. You would have to go to great lengths to destroy a Stainless RESCUE model.

I can relate to you liking that MARINER model and it was a good one>> But trust me that STAINLESS RESCUE model out of the ATS-55 era was a superior folder in every way. It's one of Spyderco's best folders ever and unfortunately got passed over because of all the great models to emerge in the late 90s/early 2000s. If you ever get a chance to snag one I highly recommend it. If you don't like it for whatever reason I'll buy it from you. Yeah I'm that confident.
James Y

Post by James Y »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:00 am
James Y wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:48 pm
Jim I cut my "Spyder-Teeth" on that GIN-1, Full SE MARINER model. It was the very first Spyder I ever owned or used. But believe me the one that followed is even far better than it was. I'm speaking of the Stainless Handled RESCUE model out of the ATS-55 era. I still EDC my Stainless RESCUE to this very day. That Stainless RESCUE model was built like an Abram's Tank. The absolute abuse and hard uses I've put that knife through is beyond belief. And like a well made watch it's still ticking. You would have to go to great lengths to destroy a Stainless RESCUE model.

I can relate to you liking that MARINER model and it was a good one>> But trust me that STAINLESS RESCUE model out of the ATS-55 era was a superior folder in every way. It's one of Spyderco's best folders ever and unfortunately got passed over because of all the great models to emerge in the late 90s/early 2000s. If you ever get a chance to snag one I highly recommend it. If you don't like it for whatever reason I'll buy it from you. Yeah I'm that confident.
Thanks, Joe. I can only imagine it being tank-like, in a way like my two SS Harpy models are (one is ATS-55 and the other is VG-10).

Jim
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

NickShabazz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:18 pm
1. Slysz Bowie
2. Slysz Bowie, but fancier.
Who left the door open? Fashion bloggers are wandering in, people! Do you know how hard they are to get rid of once they get their LBHs inside? We'll be up to our armpits in timascus, automatic timepieces and hand stitched leather faster than you can say Jack Robinson. :D