Who else wants a SE Lil'Matriarch Salt in H1 ?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Who else wants a SE Lil'Matriarch Salt in H1 ?!

Post by elena86 »

Please Sal , bring back the SE Lil'Matriarch in a Salt format ! In H1 of course ... pleeeease !
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
curlyhairedboy

Re: Who else wants a SE Lil'Matriarch Salt in H1 ?!

Post by curlyhairedboy »

You have my axe.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

And my sw... ick? Lol I'm in.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Yes, I was seriously considering the BBS Lil Matriarch as my next purchase, and was looking at SE ones on eBay the other day. H1 SE sounds great!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Oh yeah
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Awesome idea. Yes please.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:44 am
Awesome idea. Yes please.
Edit: Bring back the SE spyderhawk in H1 while you're at it! :D
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

I'm in for an SE Salt in H1.

I have to say though, so far I'm finding I like the PE version better than the SE version in VG-10 so I'd like to request a Salt PE in LC200N too.

Either way bring back the lil Matriarch!

The 3 SE models I saw come available this month, which from my research is VERY rare (the last record of an SE selling on the secondary market I could find was in 2015) all sold within minutes of posting.

One last thought... while I would love to see the lil Matriarch brought back as a standard production model, I wonder if doing a sprint would help bring attention to a great knife that seems to have slipped under the radar for many. I'll bet a 4V SE model would be a hot item.
-Turbo
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Yes please! The Salt line is the perfect form for the lil Matriarch! I strongly suspect that if the lil Matriarch is brought back it will sell much better than when it was originally offered...especially if it comes back as a salt!

The untimely demise of the lil matriarch was due mostly to a misunderstanding of its nature. Given its name and it’s connection to the original, I think a lot of folks assumed it was strictly a Self Defense knife. That is not a fair assessment though. The “lil” is a completely different knife than the Mattiarch and due to its smaller size and less aggressive tip it is FAR more suitable to normal tasks. I think it was completely overlooked as anything like an EDC knife and by the time we started to figure out how great the design was in that role it was already culled from the herd.

I feel confident that if the design were released again as a Salt, there are enough of us now that already “get it” to spread the word (and pics and videos) of how great this knife is as a daily user. I believe once the knife stops being pigeon holed as a pure SD knife then it will open up a whole new market. I suspect it will outsell the Tasman as it’s simply a much more useful design. In a pinch I could carry a lil Mattarch as my only knife while kayak fishing...I would never do that with the Tasman which is a far more one dimensional design.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I would like to see an H1 Salt version of the Lil Matriarch as well. And I agree that it would be much more versatile than the Tasman Salt.

Jim
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Surfingringo wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:08 pm
Yes please! The Salt line is the perfect form for the lil Matriarch! I strongly suspect that if the lil Matriarch is brought back it will sell much better than when it was originally offered...especially if it comes back as a salt!

The untimely demise of the lil matriarch was due mostly to a misunderstanding of its nature. Given its name and it’s connection to the original, I think a lot of folks assumed it was strictly a Self Defense knife. That is not a fair assessment though. The “lil” is a completely different knife than the Mattiarch and due to its smaller size and less aggressive tip it is FAR more suitable to normal tasks. I think it was completely overlooked as anything like an EDC knife and by the time we started to figure out how great the design was in that role it was already culled from the herd.

I feel confident that if the design were released again as a Salt, there are enough of us now that already “get it” to spread the word (and pics and videos) of how great this knife is as a daily user. I believe once the knife stops being pigeon holed as a pure SD knife then it will open up a whole new market. I suspect it will outsell the Tasman as it’s simply a much more useful design. In a pinch I could carry a lil Mattarch as my only knife while kayak fishing...I would never do that with the Tasman which is a far more one dimensional design.

Spyderedge or plain edge ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I'd prefer LC200N.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Yes Please! I love the Lil' Matriarch and would love a SE H1 version. My VG-10 SE version can cut through tree limbs like butter... quite incredible, actually.
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

What Sumdumguy said.
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
vivi

Post by vivi »

nix the lil part and I'd give it a go. might like it better than my spyderhawk, who knows.
:unicorn
sal

Post by sal »

I'll watch the thread.

sal
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

I'll take 2
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Boys n girls.... don’t let it die!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
James Y

Post by James Y »

I also would like an LC200N version, maybe even FFG. That way a PE version as well as SE would be a good option.

Jim
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jim,

We probably wouldn't make both H1 and LC.

sal