Kershaw Black Horse II

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Kershaw Black Horse II

Post by Evil D »

Random knife I spotted at work. Pretty cool blast from the past

This guy typically carries some of the lowest end knives you'd ever see so I was surprised to see a Kershaw in his pocket, even if it isn't one of their more expensive models.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Meat man

Re: Kershaw Black Horse II

Post by The Meat man »

That's neat.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

They are well made knives but have Aus 6 so for me they needed resharpening pretty often. It is a good steel and has decent corrosion resistance and toughness but by the time I had one I was used to Spyderco's VG 10 so I really noticed the lesser wear resistance. It seemed to have less wear than the old Schrade + ( 440A) and Buck 110 ( 420HC). My guess was it was ran at lower hardness than the above two which is why I could tell a difference.

Joe
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Meat man wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:17 pm
That's neat.
I was gonna say the sam thing.
Nice find Jim :)
jacobwardle

Post by jacobwardle »

Very cool!!! Really like the shaping.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Those were decent for the money. That steel probably could perform better but was run a little soft so people could sharpen it. It’s not the best steel out there anyway.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:44 am
Those were decent for the money. That steel probably could perform better but was run a little soft so people could sharpen it. It’s not the best steel out there anyway.

I can't overstate how dull it was... you'd get more done with a butter knife from your kitchen. I'm always blown away by how some guys will carry a knife pretty regularly but it's so dull I can't imagine it being very useful.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:55 am
Doc Dan wrote:

I can't overstate how dull it was... you'd get more done with a butter knife from your kitchen. I'm always blown away by how some guys will carry a knife pretty regularly but it's so dull I can't imagine it being very useful.
That’s literally all my coworkers. They have to put some force into cutting anything
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:55 am
Doc Dan wrote:

Most people can’t sharpen a knife anymore. Many are afraid of a sharp knife in fact. With the deterioration of the Boy Scouts there’s not much hope people can learn.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Very cool. I used to have one, but sold it in the 90's. I wish I kept it.
- best wishes, Jazz.