Straight Spine Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Straight Spine Stretch

Post by Sharp Guy »

VooDooChild wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:35 pm
Im wondering if ivory frn will be as rare as white frn.
Only time will tell
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

SF Native wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:20 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:27 pm
I would like to take a moment and apologize to whomever fails to obtain one of these knives due to me.

I would also like to confirm to those waiting for their delivery that you have every right to be excited!

After posting availability in all fairness I did wait a few hours before pulling the trigger on buying my second one of these.

Yes it is just that darn good :)

Better get one while the getting is good I read only 1200 were made and that is not allot for worldwide distribution.

I did consider waiting and just getting what comes after this but A. There is no guarantee there will be something after this and B. It might be a long time before something comes along and this is totally back up worthy as this will be a daily user.

Now ready to sell my remaining PM2’s yes even includes my cruwear PM2.
On the contrary Does, I think you are just doing double duty in helping justify further sprints. Bring on the hap40!
Too bad it’s a Japan model. Cruwear, xhp, and m4 exclusives would have been nice.
We got cruwear on a delica, so it can be done in Japan!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

Vivi wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:39 pm
I've been pleasantly surprised by my VG10 Police LW. I always liked the steel but I swear this Police is holding an edge longer than my Police 3 did. Maybe they are running it a bit harder these days? Or maybe sharpening the two knives differently is the cause? I ran a polished, convexed edge on my P3, and so far I've been touching up the factory edge on my medium stone on the LW. I'll reprofile it someday.
While I have no actual proof or testing behind this theory, I concur that the P4 LW seems/feels to be run harder than most VG-10 Spydies I've used. Only a good thing if you ask me :cool:.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

VooDooChild wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:35 pm
Im wondering if ivory frn will be as rare as white frn.

Considering that there were three simultaneous Sprint Runs (Delica, Endura, and Dragonfly) in white FRN, plus the original "commissioned run" white FRN Rescue, and there may also have been a white FRN Ladybug (possibly a JDM item), ivory probably will be rarer unless Spyderco uses it for other models.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Today I received my Ivory Stretch in the mail, used it a bit to cut up cardboard at work. Really dig the blade thinness compared to the PM2, as well as the straighter blade edge (less belly). The angle of the blade in relation to the handle feels good and purposeful. The ergos are excellent of course. Zero blade play with a super smooth action.

Really a nice piece, quite an Unexpected Grail.

Hope they do more of these, with all those cool steels everybody likes.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Well folks Sal gave us a real winner here. At first I was concerned about the IVORY handle and was like OMG what is Sal thinking?

Adjusting a model that did not sell as well as it should and also using a color like IVORY?

Then I thought well I can always rit die it if I really do not like it..

Well just goes to show yet again Sal knows best.

Turns out I really like the color, it also makes it easy to find when I lay it down on the counter.

I typically have 2 or more folders on the kitchen counter, breaking down boxes and letting junk mail have it, is a frequent thing.

Never thought I would welcome catalogs unasked for arriving in the mail. Now after a good sharpening session I grow a wee bit concerned when they start getting thin.

Anyway after shopping last night more cardboard to be broken down and into the recycling bin. Guess which knife stood out... yep the IVORY one... thought that was pretty cool compared to the PM2 and Caley and Buck 110 custom all more or less black G10 sitting right next to it.

This knife slices through everything just perfectly and is a joy to work with.

The Deacon is probably correct, he has a long history with Spyderco and Sal. If he thinks Ivory will likely be rare like White is then I would not bet against him.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I got mine. I like it!!!

I am working today but I will get some pics soon.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Knifeworks is letting me down. Took my order but no shipping confirmation. Now they are showing out of stock. Maybe they will get more. Haven’t cancelled my order yet.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Gpknives has them right now if you hurry, worst that can happens is you wind up in good company with me owning two of them. 😁
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:19 pm
Gpknives has them right now if you hurry, worst that can happens is you wind up in good company with me owning two of them. 😁
Must have been a busy weeekend for our favorite dealers. Knifeworks finally sent shipping notification. All good. Thanks for the heads up though.
olywa

Post by olywa »

Received mine yesterday and I am pretty impressed. Probably the sharpest out-of-the-box VG10 Spydie I've encountered to date. The edge grind is perfection.

I love the ivory FRN. It looks even better in person than in the pics, and the edges are nicely radiussed. It was a little tight so I thought I'd tweak the pivot and was surprised to find that it was barely snug. I worked it in and out and decided a little loctite would be needed in order to keep it in. I ended up having to make it tighter than I would like, but hopefully it will wear in with use.

I then found that all of the scale screws and clip screws were loose as well. It took at least a full turn on the scale screws to snug them up. Not quite sure how this one passed QC but it's good now and I'm happy with it.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I received one yesterday and agree about the Ivory. Much better in person than I thought.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

In stock at both BladeHQ and GP Knives.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Got mine today. Great knife! Fit and finish are perfect. Ivory color is great. Quite a substantial knife. Feels nice and solid. Super smooth. Looking forward to a Cruwear version! Seki FRN backlocks are my favorite knives (aside from the Micarta Shaman) and having them in Cruwear is the ultimate treatment. My Cruwear Delica needs some companions!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doeswhateveraspidercan

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
Got mine today. Great knife! Fit and finish are perfect. Ivory color is great. Quite a substantial knife. Feels nice and solid. Super smooth. Looking forward to a Cruwear version! Seki FRN backlocks are my favorite knives (aside from the Micarta Shaman) and having them in Cruwear is the ultimate treatment. My Cruwear Delica needs some companions!
+1 well make it +2 will buy 2 in Cruwear.
acer

Post by acer »

Really keen to get my hands on one of these, hopefully will not miss out on this sprint .
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Hmm, Cru-Wear or HAP 40 would be awesome.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Pancake wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:26 pm
Hmm, Cru-Wear or HAP 40 would be awesome.
As would be SE... :rolleyes: (Fine in VG10)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Mine just came in. It is a good looking knife. Definitely stands out in my collection more than the rest. In a sea of black, yellow, grey, dark blue, etc. Its hard not to immediately notice the Ivory color. I hope this ends up being a rare frn color like white was.

I also like the thumb ramp more than on the regular stretch 2. Im not sure if the angle is slightly different or what.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

VooDooChild wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:08 pm
Mine just came in. It is a good looking knife. Definitely stands out in my collection more than the rest. In a sea of black, yellow, grey, dark blue, etc. Its hard not to immediately notice the Ivory color. I hope this ends up being a rare frn color like white was.

I also like the thumb ramp more than on the regular stretch 2. Im not sure if the angle is slightly different or what.

Yeah, I really like the thumb ramp. It's been awhile since I had the stretch g10 to remember how they compare. This thing feels fantastic in the hand though. You can get a nice full grip with that thumb ramp and choil and you feel like you can cut anything. It feels very solid for an FRN knife as well. I guess I am used to the linerless Pac Salt in this size so this beefier linered Stretch feels quite substantial.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red