Looking for anyone in the US who isn't getting a BladeHQ Dodo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DutchBlades

Looking for anyone in the US who isn't getting a BladeHQ Dodo

Post by DutchBlades »

As the title states, I’m on the lookout for someone from the US who won’t be getting him/herself the upcoming BladeHQ M4 Dodo.
Some of you may know BladeHQ only accepts credit cards as a payment method and I simply don’t have one nor do I know anyone in my direct surroundings who does.
(they’re not as common in The Netherlands in comparison to the US)
I had found a forum member willing to pick up an extra one when they’ll be available for purchase, but then the “1 per customer” limit was introduced.

Now I’m back at it again, looking for anyone who’d be willing to buy one and send it my way.
I’d probably be late to the party anyways seeing how I’m several hours behind regarding the time zone,
so chances are I’ll be asleep once they can be purchased from their website :o
(I can pay you back instantly via PayPal and I’d like to think people consider me as a trusted member by now)

If there’s anyone here who’d like to do me this favor, please let me know :D
I'm not a huge fan asking such a thing from people, but I'm not planning on seeing this specific sprint slip through my fingers!
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
The Meat man

Re: Looking for anyone in the US who isn't getting a BladeHQ Dodo

Post by The Meat man »

PM sent. ;)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Sent you a PM.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Still no day and time yet? Man, this one is taking forever. :(

Looks like some fellow members may be willing to help out. Hope you are able to get one!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I totally understand the difficulties with shipping, so in general if anyone is looking for help getting USA-only knives purchased and shipped overseas, please feel free to hit me up at any time. :)
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Thanks for the PM's guys! :D

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:18 am
Still no day and time yet? Man, this one is taking forever. :(

Looks like some fellow members may be willing to help out. Hope you are able to get one!
Yeah, this one seems to take a bit longer than most of their exclusives.
Then again, I don't mind all too much in this case, because I'm able to find someone who can help me out this time!
I don't really jump on the M4/Jade sprints normally, but I can't say no to the Dodo :p
(still need to find myself one of the black G10 ones in decent shape to complete the set)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Can you take cash and buy a prepaid visa over there?
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Wouldn't it be simpler to just get a credit card?
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

i haven’t had a credit card in 25 years, just a bank card.
Even though they aren’t the same, they work the same when making a purchase.

Doesn’t PayPal have to have a credit card or bank account attached to it?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

zhyla wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:17 pm
jpm2 wrote: i haven’t had a credit card in 25 years, just a bank card.

I am also from Europe and also don´t have a credit card (many don´t where I live). Just don´t need one, cash, paypal or bank wiring always works.

Different with many dealers in the US in my experience. They don´t take my bank card (and sure I have a bank account, everyone in Austria/Europe has, at least if one has a job and gets paid), they don´t have paypal, just credit cards... So no, bank card and credit card don´t work the same for me.

Don´t know if a bank account is mandatory for paypal theoretically, but I wouldn´t know how to put money on my paypal acoount without an attached bank account.

/ Concerning (just) shipping (to Europe): There are several companies who offer kind of a post box / postal adress in the US (for free), you can have your purchases shipped there and they forward it to you for rather little money (around 10 USD for smaller packages). Of course most of the times you´ll have to pay the taxes / tariffs your country demands additionally. I go with a company called "myus", works just fine, but as said there are several others which offer the same conditions.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:32 pm
zhyla wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:17 pm
jpm2 wrote: i haven’t had a credit card in 25 years, just a bank card.

I am also from Europe and also don´t have a credit card (many don´t where I live). Just don´t need one, cash, paypal or bank wiring always works.

Different with many dealers in the US in my experience. They don´t take my bank card (and sure I have a bank account, everyone in Austria/Europe has, at least if one has a job and gets paid), they don´t have paypal, just credit cards... So no, bank card and credit card don´t work the same for me.

Don´t know if a bank account is mandatory for paypal theoretically, but I wouldn´t know how to put money on my paypal acoount without an attached bank account.
Possibly more seller protection on overseas transactions with a CC? If so, I'm glad that's not the case here, although it would save me a lot of money. :)
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

DutchBlades wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 am
As the title states, I’m on the lookout for someone from the US who won’t be getting him/herself the upcoming BladeHQ M4 Dodo.
Some of you may know BladeHQ only accepts credit cards as a payment method and I simply don’t have one nor do I know anyone in my direct surroundings who does.
(they’re not as common in The Netherlands in comparison to the US)
I had found a forum member willing to pick up an extra one when they’ll be available for purchase, but then the “1 per customer” limit was introduced.

Now I’m back at it again, looking for anyone who’d be willing to buy one and send it my way.
I’d probably be late to the party anyways seeing how I’m several hours behind regarding the time zone,
so chances are I’ll be asleep once they can be purchased from their website :o
(I can pay you back instantly via PayPal and I’d like to think people consider me as a trusted member by now)

If there’s anyone here who’d like to do me this favor, please let me know :D
I'm not a huge fan asking such a thing from people, but I'm not planning on seeing this specific sprint slip through my fingers!
I'll pick one or two up for you.
KP

Post by KP »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 am
I totally understand the difficulties with shipping, so in general if anyone is looking for help getting USA-only knives purchased and shipped overseas, please feel free to hit me up at any time. :)
I most likely won't be purchasing knives any time soon so I can help a fellow forum member on some exclusive or USA-only deals. Please let me know. Happy to help!