Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cycleguy

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by cycleguy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:16 am

Yeah, I've got the same look using drumstick wax. i've reapplied it numerous times. i prefer the "dry" look from the factory, but it was a little slippery for me. the drumstick wax gives it some grip.

Ditto, my reaction too. I like the dry/out of the box look best but thought it felt slippery.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
ItalianAggie

Post by ItalianAggie »

So I had given up on the lottery and figured all the knives had already been distributed. Then Blade HQ called me today to let me know I had been chosen. Felt like Charlie in the Chocolate factory. They said they had quite a few people not respond within the 48hr time period so they are still drawing names. Will post pics when the knife gets delivered! Pumped!!!
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

Let's see all those base models, supporting the sprints..
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

ItalianAggie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:23 pm
So I had given up on the lottery and figured all the knives had already been distributed. Then Blade HQ called me today to let me know I had been chosen. Felt like Charlie in the Chocolate factory. They said they had quite a few people not respond within the 48hr time period so they are still drawing names. Will post pics when the knife gets delivered! Pumped!!!
Nice! I was hoping that would happen.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Just if someone (in Europe) wants to lay down that money (307 Euros, even for Europe quite expensive): Just happened to see that the Cruwear Micarta Shaman is seemingly (still?) avialable at coutellerie-tourangelle.com
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

GiftedMisfit wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:57 am
Let's see all those base models, supporting the sprints..
Like so?
IMAG3785.jpg
:cool:

Both of mine have a great build, but the G10 model has a much firmer detent, which i prefer. Otherwise they have similar action and build.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Finally got a notice from Knife Center - they oversold pre-orders and no more are coming.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:40 pm
Finally got a notice from Knife Center - they oversold pre-orders and no more are coming.
That is a bummer every time it happens. So disappointing. Wish they wouldn’t sell things that they don’t already have a solid order for.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

SF Native wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:54 pm
JuPaul wrote:
That is a bummer every time it happens. So disappointing. Wish they wouldn’t sell things that they don’t already have a solid order for.
Definitely annoying, but really no surprise at this point.
- Julia

SF Native

Post by SF Native »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 pm
SF Native wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
But if you had known, then maybe you would have jumped on a different opportunity or spent a little more on a secondary market one or taken a little more time to find one. In this case, it might not have mattered as these are very elusive.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

SF Native wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:38 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 pm
SF Native wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
But if you had known, then maybe you would have jumped on a different opportunity or spent a little more on a secondary market one or taken a little more time to find one. In this case, it might not have mattered as these are very elusive.
Well, as it turns out I didn't trust the pre-order so I got one from NK. But I'm sure not everyone that pre-ordered was so lucky, and you're point is very true.
- Julia

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JuPaul wrote:

Not the first time this has happened unfortunately.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
hovan2yourknives

Post by hovan2yourknives »

I just don’t get it...I remember preordering mine extremely early and would’ve bet the farm that I’d get one. Didn’t even look at other opportunities to get one cuz I felt so comfortable about it. Also passed on other models to budget this one. Super bummed right now...
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I think there is some artificial scarcity going on here. I was looking at them on eBay and apparently there are several people creating throwaway eBay accounts to bid them up, winning the auctions and then not buying them. That means the sellers can't actually re-sell them until after the eBay dispute process closes, so the ones on eBay get locked up for a couple weeks each time the fake buyers do that.

I'm guessing someone who wants to keep prices up to flip them is gaming the eBay system so they can overcharge for them. They shut down the actual auctions and keep theirs active at the super high "buy now" prices. It's pretty weird. And sleazy.

Hopefully after the holiday season is over the flippers will stop doing that so some of the supply can make it out to people who actually want to use them.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Knife Center pre-order was my only chance to get one at regular retail price. Passed and have been kicking myself ever since ... now I find out needlessly!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:42 pm
I think there is some artificial scarcity going on here. I was looking at them on eBay and apparently there are several people creating throwaway eBay accounts to bid them up, winning the auctions and then not buying them. That means the sellers can't actually re-sell them until after the eBay dispute process closes, so the ones on eBay get locked up for a couple weeks each time the fake buyers do that.

I'm guessing someone who wants to keep prices up to flip them is gaming the eBay system so they can overcharge for them. They shut down the actual auctions and keep theirs active at the super high "buy now" prices. It's pretty weird. And sleazy.

Hopefully after the holiday season is over the flippers will stop doing that so some of the supply can make it out to people who actually want to use them.
Uh Tom it is an Auction site, unlike most who come here I have tons of Auto Auction experience and what you are describing is a shill it is not permitted anywhere but it happens and there is no stopping it unless it is blatant and sticks out. Auction houses decry the practice but by and large profit from it greatly, so much lip service and little enforcement.

Auctions are a sleazy environment by their very nature online is no exception. When I see this activity as you have described it I ignore it and the item for sale. FYI a shill and the seller are both working the same side of the street they are in cahoots.

I would not be surprised if the ones you are actually seeing sell at higher than original price are not the same seller who with their shill is bidding all the way up and not actually selling on another listing on purpose to create a falsely inflated market using a different account,

In fact from what you have described it is highly likely, create a trend drive the prices way up then the sucker buying thinks they got a good deal by comparison when all they did was buy from the same seller at the higher price the buyer and his shill wanted to begin with.

It is an old game, very, very old.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

TomAiello wrote:

I like how you sell yours, I do so in a similar way. All these greedy people put these outrageous starting bid prices that nobody will go after. Start under retail and your almost guaranteed to get your money back, or even profit. THAT'S the right way to do it. You sell a $200 knife for $300, props to that person because they didn't try to price gouge, that was all on the bidders!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Evil D wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:18 pm
JuPaul wrote:

Which Is why I rarely buy from them if ever just can't support shady business practices and won't.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:02 pm
TomAiello wrote:

I like how you sell yours, I do so in a similar way. All these greedy people put these outrageous starting bid prices that nobody will go after. Start under retail and your almost guaranteed to get your money back, or even profit. THAT'S the right way to do it. You sell a $200 knife for $300, props to that person because they didn't try to price gouge, that was all on the bidders!
Exactly I have started many auctions at $1.00 and let the market decide. Rarely have I lost much more than perhaps $10.00 to $20.00
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:04 pm
Evil D wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:18 pm
JuPaul wrote:

Which Is why I rarely buy from them if ever just can't support shady business practices and won't.

Whether shady or just very poorly ran, I just can't risk it with them. At the absolute very least I would never rely solely on them for anything.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David