What number of Spydercos are in your active rotation?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bdblue

Re: What number of Spydercos are in your active rotation?

Post by bdblue »

For me it is 7- 4 variations of the PM2 and 3 variations of the Manix 2-

PM2 in CF/M4, Jade/satin M4, Jade/DLC M4, Blurple S110V
M2 LW S110V, M2 LW (orange) S90V, M2 XL S30V
Tims

Post by Tims »

I carry ‘em all at one time or another. I go through periods where I favour one over the others but it never really lasts.

My most carried lately would be

Manix 2 LW
Stretch 2
Native 5 LW
Colorodo

Post by Colorodo »

3, Para 3 LW, PM 2 52100, Mantra 2.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

My current Spydies are:
Lil native dlc comp lock with ti scales
Delica 4 GITD
Native 5 cruwear
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

For about the past month, the Tasman 2 has actively rotated from pants to shorts and between pocket and IWB carry....

Like others have said. I don’t switch it up every day. Or even every week... i like the muscle memory, even amongst spydies it changes. The arc of travel, the location and size of spydiehole in relation to the pivot... you name it. The pacific salt and Military now feel foreign to me when I pick them up and I carried those 2 knives for a long time!

Basically, I get stuck on something until I get stuck on something else. Or until I decide to do a learning experiment, like only carry hawkbills for a while...

The next learning experiment will probably end up being the manix 2 LW or the chinook 4. I haven’t carried the manix 2 LW for a month straight or anything like that.... and I just got the chinook.... hmmm
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

PM2
Endura 4
Delica 4
Dragonfly
Autonomy (My EDC work knife)

There's no rhyme or reason to my rotation outside of the Autonomy.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

All of 'em.
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Winter carry while snowplowing and salting I only carry my native5 lightweight in lc200n.
Also a delica for work too...
Lounging around the house I carry my DFLY 2
On weekends I might grab a PM2, para3, or another brand--cough,cough
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

7-10 at most
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

I do not own many spydies but all I do are in active rotation. Love em all :D

K390 Urban - one of the most carried due to being sheeple friendly (Europe is getting non friendly to knives more and more)

PPT S90V - this one I recieved from Nemo from nemoknivesreviews.com - Fred Perrin and Nemo were for many years my main source of love for knives and I was able to buy tested PPT from him. Great trade with real Gentleman which I have big respect for, therefore this PPT is little bit special to me.

PM2 - gifted to me by my friends as birthday present this year when I turned 30 - great knife

Delica 2 SS SE - awesome find of NIB delica from little knife store in Prague. Lovely blade and I realized I carry this one most often with Urban.

Newly I am owner of H1 Pacific Salt in black version and SE. Great knife, I was surprised how useful it is and those few centimetres I missed on my Delica 2 are really game changer. I just wish this was FFG SE as I think performance would be crazy.

Cheers from Prague, Pavel
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

I usually have about six or seven at hand - not really intentionally, but because I like to carry a main EDC knife for at least a few months to get familiar with the design and steel. So I often have a few that are waiting for a long bout of use, and some that I still like to use from time to time. I suppose they're my all time favourites really. I also find there's some value in comparing different designs I enjoy using; at least it's something I like to think about.

Currently:

Gayle Bradley 1
Police 4 K390
Lefty Military
Paramilitary 2 Cruwear
Caribbean PE leaf blade
Kapara
Caly 3.5 ZDP189

The AEB-L Urban has been holding the small knife slot for a while now.

Then there's a group of 'work knives' which usually go something like this:

Pacific Salt
Tasman Salt
K390 Urban
Wharncliffe Delica HAP40
Dragonfly ZDP189
Para 3 Maxamet

Sometimes I bring out knives for a particular purpose like the HAP40 Stretch for hunting, or a model prompted by a thread or post on this forum, but generally that's how it goes.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would say 62. I have two Spyderpacs full and when I want to grab a knife I swap one of the two in my pocket with one from a Spyderpac.

I used to just have them scattered all over the place. Some in my truck, some in my workshop and some in various drawers. Then one day I found a knife that I hadn’t even realized that I had lost. I now often wonder if I have lost other knives and not known it. For that reason I bought two Spyderpacs and put 60 users into it plus two for my pockets. Now if I misplace a knife it is very obvious. :)

I do sort of rotate what is in the Spyderpacs as well. When I buy a new knife it goes in the Spyderpac and a different knife goes into its box in the safe. I also occasionally rotate knives between the safe and the Spyderpacs but that only happens a couple of times a year, usually when I am trying to sell some.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
standy99

Post by standy99 »

All of mine see use, have 5 in a fruit bowl on the table and grab one each day or so.

Fruit bowl gets changed once every couple of months. On sharpening duties I will swap one or two from the stash to the fruit bowl.

Tend to like a colourful fruit bowl lately so have a green Delica, orange Pingo, yellow Salt1, pakkawood Delica and a Camo Para3
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

New to Spydercos but I now have a Manix 2 that is full time work duty, and a Manix 2 XL that also joins it on non work edc rotation. Love them.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Too many and growing.
I try to carry a different one every day. Sometimes two different ones. How else can I realistically have alot laying around. Hopefully at some point next year I can get close to a very full collection and then start gifting some and selling some off.
Not worried about muscle memory at all.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
nativeleek

Post by nativeleek »

My EDC rotation:

Dragonfly 2
Delica 4
Native 5
Chaparral LW
Lil' Native lockback
Para 3
Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Native 5, Sage 5, Chaparral, Techno 2, Positron, SpydieChef, Para 3, Lil' Native lockback
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:28 am
I would say 62. I have two Spyderpacs full and when I want to grab a knife I swap one of the two in my pocket with one from a Spyderpac.

I used to just have them scattered all over the place. Some in my truck, some in my workshop and some in various drawers. Then one day I found a knife that I hadn’t even realized that I had lost. I now often wonder if I have lost other knives and not known it. For that reason I bought two Spyderpacs and put 60 users into it plus two for my pockets. Now if I misplace a knife it is very obvious. :)
Similar. I have two large Spyderpacs full of users and a couple scattered around here and there. But of those, I generally pick 4 (two tip up for the right-hand pocket and two tip down for the left-hand pocket) and primarily rotate those for about a month, then I swap them out for a different 4. I also have 3 ladybugs and a manbug I rotate through my watch/coin pocket.

A big chunk of my users come from the factory seconds sales I've attended.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

One essentially. I have carried my DLC PM2 everywhere for everything for the last 2.5 years or so. I love my black Aqua Salt for extensive, hard cutting tasks though. Its handle is super comfortable to me and the serrations are awesome. Shallow so they dont get hung up on material, but aggressive enough to get cuts started in tougher materials.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

I have over 180 Spyderco’s that have all been carried at least once. But I rotate 8 yearly at will.

Emerson Endura w/ Lynch clip
Emerson Delica
Para 3 LW
Atlantic salt
Tasman salt PE
Custom Tenacious
Rescue 79mm
Delica Saber Combo edge w/ ziptie wave
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

I rotate through the ten listed below in my signature out of the thirty spydies that I have.
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF