Help me find a discontinued Spyderco...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Help me find a discontinued Spyderco...

Post by elena86 »

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here ... just let me know if I do :eek: I know there are a few dedicated sites to find a disco-ed spydie and of course there is the secondary market but I can't find this one anywhere and it's not a rare one so to speak ... yes, you guessed, it's about the serrated lil'Matriarch :) Tell me again why did they discontinued this one ... so fast ...

P.S It would be a good idea to list all the sites where discontinued spydies are to be found ...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
The Deacon

Re: Help me find a discontinued Spyderco...

Post by The Deacon »

Aside from the obvious secondary market sources like eBay and the various forums with sales areas, the only dealer that comes to mind is Country Knives. They an old school brick & mortar dealer that charges full MSRP for all their knives, so they often have Spyderco models and variants long after they've been discontinued. Unfortunately, even they don't seem to have a Lil Matriarch left.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

You and me both. I keep denying myself the PE lil matriarch. I want one in SE!!!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

I've been looking for one too. Much harder to find than I would have expected!
-Turbo
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I’ve looked before as well! Best bet is just buy the PE from BBS.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
elena86

Post by elena86 »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:46 am
You and me both. I keep denying myself the PE lil matriarch. I want one in SE!!!

I just ordered the PE from BBS while available ...I'm not going to kick myself twice, but this purchase won't cool my jets :D
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

prndltech

Post by prndltech »

elena86 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:54 pm
prndltech wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:46 am

I just ordered the PE from BBS while available ...I'm not going to kick myself twice, but this purchase won't cool my jets :D
... :rolleyes:
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

The Deacon wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 am
Aside from the obvious secondary market sources like eBay and the various forums with sales areas, the only dealer that comes to mind is Country Knives. They an old school brick & mortar dealer that charges full MSRP for all their knives, so they often have Spyderco models and variants long after they've been discontinued. Unfortunately, even they don't seem to have a Lil Matriarch left.

+1 for Country Knives for discontinued :spyder: s.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
jdw

Post by jdw »

Country Knives would be my first choice. Blazin Blades has some unusual disco'd knives. Arizona Custom Knives buys and sells secondary Spydies and have a lot of stock turnover.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

They pop up on ebay now and then. I would also watch BF for sale section like a hawk. They're out there.

I've got one. They're good knives. I think the blade shape may make more sense with PE -- it works great in SE, but so does a regular Delica. I didn't know BBS still had the PE ones. Not a bad price either.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

That is one discontinued model that just baffles me. I never got one while they were easily available for whatever reason. But with the popularity the Lil Matriarch enjoyed I was astounded to see them be deleted so soon :confused: .

I know that sales most often dictate whether or not a model is worth producing. But I heard nothing but great accolades about that model but the next thing I knew it was in the discontinued.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Did anyone here manage to grab the SE lil Matriarch from Knives Plus this morning?
-Turbo
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

I believe JDW mentioned Arizona Custom Knives earlier, and if I'm not mistaken they DO have SE matriarchs.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:37 pm
I believe JDW mentioned Arizona Custom Knives earlier, and if I'm not mistaken they DO have SE matriarchs.
We're looking for the lil Matriarch. The last and only lil Matriarch ACK has listed on their site was sold in 2015.
-Turbo
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

bbturbodad wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:47 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:37 pm
We're looking for the lil Matriarch. The last and only lil Matriarch ACK has listed on their site was sold in 2015.
Ah my mistake.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

elena86 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:31 am
I hope I'm not breaking any rules here ... just let me know if I do :eek: I know there are a few dedicated sites to find a disco-ed spydie and of course there is the secondary market but I can't find this one anywhere and it's not a rare one so to speak ... yes, you guessed, it's about the serrated lil'Matriarch :) Tell me again why did they discontinued this one ... so fast ...

P.S It would be a good idea to list all the sites where discontinued spydies are to be found ...
The next time I go to the hardware shop, I’ll look. They carry discontinued Spydercos. It might a two or three weeks, whenever I get the all clear to start driving more than in tge immediate area.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

It must be the day of the lil Matriarch SE today... I woke to an available one on ebay this morning... and now there's another one up although it is lightly used and priced higher than the one I grabbed but they don't come up often so if anyone is interested here's the listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Lil-M ... %7Ciid%3A1
-Turbo
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I'd recommend trawling the European online dealers, for the reason Paul mentioned, prices are ..well not very favorable. That said, i have found R, S, and a couple of Kopas N.O.S. for about the same price as eBay sellers charge (on buy it now ads)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

-Turbo
elena86

Post by elena86 »

bbturbodad wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:35 am
There's a used one up on ebay...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174126873277?u ... noapp=true

Edit

And a new one...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Spyderco-L ... SwKChd9vUc

Thanks but the seller doesn't ship to Europe ! My luck...
Marius

( Rabindranath Tagore )