Straight Spine Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rcwill98

Re: Straight Spine Stretch

Post by rcwill98 »

Seems to be in stock at Knifeworks as well.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Abiggs, Rcwill,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
abiggs

Post by abiggs »

sal wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 pm
Hi Abiggs, Rcwill,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks Sal! Longtime fan and collector, first time poster! The Stretch 1 is my favorite model of all. Do you anticipate more handle color/steel choices for the straight spine version?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Well what a Bummer just got off work and went to order one and like other models this year it is here one minute and gone the next.

Reckon I will just forget about this model too. My Spydie Enthusiasm is at an all time low..
sal

Post by sal »

abiggs wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:27 pm
sal wrote:
Hi Abiggs, Rcwill,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks Sal! Longtime fan and collector, first time poster! The Stretch 1 is my favorite model of all. Do you anticipate more handle color/steel choices for the straight spine version?

Depends on you.

sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

abiggs wrote:
sal wrote:
Hi Abiggs, Rcwill,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Abbigs, probably you´re aware of this anyway, but still: The Straight Spine Stretch is based on the Stretch 2, not the Stretch 1 (which is your "favorite model of all" and perhaps mine too)

The Stretch 2 is a great model too, but slightly different to the Stretch 1.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:28 pm
Well what a Bummer just got off work and went to order one and like other models this year it is here one minute and gone the next.

Reckon I will just forget about this model too. My Spydie Enthusiasm is at an all time low..
It was in stock for more than 24 hours at Bladops...

I could've bought multiple, several times. Perhaps you should be more vigilant with this thread(set up an alert) and then you wouldn't have to cry about missing out.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
abiggs

Post by abiggs »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:17 am
abiggs wrote:
sal wrote:
Hi Abiggs, Rcwill,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Abbigs, probably you´re aware of this anyway, but still: The Straight Spine Stretch is based on the Stretch 2, not the Stretch 1 (which is your "favorite model of all" and perhaps mine too)

The Stretch 2 is a great model too, but slightly different to the Stretch 1.
Thanks for the heads up, I am aware that it’s based on the 2 and not the 1. I haven’t gone for a Stretch 2 yet but this one is too interesting to pass up!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:16 am

I could've bought multiple, several times. Perhaps you should be more vigilant with this thread(set up an alert) and then you wouldn't have to cry about missing out.
Oh I am pretty vigilant I this thread / site but have been extremely busy this week and honestly if I have to patrol forums and other silly social media to make sure I don’t miss something then it goes something like this.

I would rather go through life wanting the things I don’t have, than having the things I don’t want. In this case I don’t want to have to be enslaved to patrolling a forum and other social media just to buy a knife.

I have alerts set up with different sellers like DLT, Blade HQ etc... if they and Spyderco can manage to have enough stock in hand so buying from alerts works then fine count me in, otherwise I am out of this game.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:00 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:16 am

Oh I am pretty vigilant I this thread / site but have been extremely busy this week and honestly if I have to patrol forums and other silly social media to make sure I don’t miss something then it goes something like this.

I would rather go through life wanting the things I don’t have, than having the things I don’t want. In this case I don’t want to have to be enslaved to patrolling a forum and other social media just to buy a knife.

I have alerts set up with different sellers like DLT, Blade HQ etc... if they and Spyderco can manage to have enough stock in hand so buying from alerts works then fine count me in, otherwise I am out of this game.
I think you misunderstood me.

What I was saying was that if you want a particular knife, it wouldn't be a bad idea to subscribe to the thread(s) dedicated to it on this forum. You will get an email notification when a post is made. When the item is getting close, the updates can be beneficial.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Ahhh I see you were trying to be helpful, thanks. My work hours are highly variable and I do allot of remote work via a VPN.

I changed my settings because I was getting too many alerts on tooo many threads. Yes I did forget to enable alerts for this thread.

It is set now hopefully I will not miss getting one of these both the Stretch 1 & 2 are favorites of mine own I am guessing 8 of them in different steels and backups.
Lodestar

Post by Lodestar »

National Knives has them currently.
Last edited by Lodestar on Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Lodestar wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:31 pm
National Knived has them currently.
Perfect! Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and grabbed one. I rarely carry my Stretch 1s but this will give me the chance to check out the Stretch 2 and the straight spine version at the same time.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Still available minus 1

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

cycleguy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:02 pm
Still available minus 1

CG
Ditto just scored mine thanks for the tip lodestar.
grubetown

Post by grubetown »

Does spyderco.com ever stock sprint runs like this? It seems like they are available for purchase but always listed out of stock. Thanks.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

There are some on the bay at regular price with international shipping available for those that might be interested.

HTH,

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
abiggs

Post by abiggs »

In stock at BHQ
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

abiggs wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:48 pm
In stock at BHQ
Not anymore... :(
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If some dealers have them, or have had them, then all other dealers who ordered them will be getting them soon.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!