Stickers on your car - good or bad?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Kels73

Re: Stickers on your car - good or bad?

Post by Kels73 »

I prefer to err on the side of "mildly paranoid," so no stickers for me. Some of my military colleagues choose to prominently display military stickers on their cars. While I appreciate their pride, my concern is that it might tempt thieves to break into the trunk in the hopes of finding expensive gear. That was a big problem in one community where I was stationed. A military member would go shopping at a local mall on Saturday; however, when he returned to his car, he made the unfortunate discovery that he had become the victim of a smash-and-grab. Eventually, the base advised us to avoid storing our gear in our cars except when transporting it. Granted, thieves can spot military people apart from car stickers, but I figure why make it easier.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

No stickers for me... I don’t leave anything in my truck, and I usually leave it unlocked. Don’t break my windows, if you wanna steal the truck, steal it. Good luck not getting arrested. This is why I have good insurance through USAA. Even though it’s an ‘06.

Got bigger fish to fry so to speak. 1st world problems.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
James Y

Post by James Y »

I don’t put any stickers on my car.

Around here, I see others with stickers on their cars. Sometimes they identify someone as military, or they say “baby on board,” or identify the drivers as members of Gracie/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu clubs. Or claim they are gun owners. Nothing I’d ever want to advertise to strangers, whether I’m on the road or parked.

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearrowland wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:13 pm
I have them, but on the rear window
Yeah I had an OAKLEY sticker on my back window for some time>> that is my favorite make of sunglasses. I didn't see any harm in that one other than just giving OAKLEY free advertisement.
But I do agree with most of the Brethren that it's not a good idea to advertise that you are an NRA member or to put the logo of a major gun manufacturer up there. Even in a pro-gun state like we are here in Missouri I still wouldn't want to advertise it for several reasons. Now I would go for a Spyderco sticker or logo. Even to this day I only run into about one person a month who is even aware that Spyderco exists.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Back when I had my Mitsubishi Evo X, I had a few stickers in the small window spot on the rear passenger doors from companies that I spent a good amount of money with and liked their products I installed on the car. I also had a sticker that said "cops like this" with the Facebook "thumbs up" icon.

Turns out, at least once...it was true haha! While waiting in line to attend a car show, there were a couple officers helping with guiding entrants and attendee's to certain parking areas and not disrupting traffic flow on the main road. As I was handing the officer my paperwork as I was entering my car in a contest, he did a walk around (I think they were also secretly checking for registration and illegal modifications) He came back to the drivers side and handed me my forms, wished me luck and said "it's true" I wasn't sure what he was talking about and asked him what he meant...He said with a smile, "I like your car". Haha, made my day! Though I didn't place in the contest.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree with that JD. I need to pick up some Spyderco stickers for my car!
JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:26 am
bearrowland wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:13 pm
I have them, but on the rear window
Yeah I had an OAKLEY sticker on my back window for some time>> that is my favorite make of sunglasses. I didn't see any harm in that one other than just giving OAKLEY free advertisement.
But I do agree with most of the Brethren that it's not a good idea to advertise that you are an NRA member or to put the logo of a major gun manufacturer up there. Even in a pro-gun state like we are here in Missouri I still wouldn't want to advertise it for several reasons. Now I would go for a Spyderco sticker or logo. Even to this day I only run into about one person a month who is even aware that Spyderco exists.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

After I plastered one of my first motorbikes in sponsorship stickers and realised that I'd probably devalued it by £100 with £1 of peel-backed nonsense, I don't put anything on the paintwork unless there's a very good reason.

I have an Adeptus Mechanicus symbol on my rear window- I wanted something that would show my nerdishness from the Warhammer universe and it's fairly stealthy unless you're 'in' on the gag.

I managed to reverse my old Ford Mondeo into a low wall and knock a 3" square hole in the rear plastic bumper.
So I stuck this sticker over the hole- figured it was appropriate :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Nope, other than a Zoo or LEO support sticker.