About that Goldenstone 30 degree base

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

About that Goldenstone 30 degree base

Post by Evil D »

Can we get a pulse?

Also do we know anything about size/packaging etc? I'm curious how I'm going to carry it with the stone.

I'd also be fine if there was simply a 30 degree version without the need for a base.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: About that Goldenstone 30 degree base

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Well I think like the duck footed diamond stone that proceeded it, it is an abandoned project.

Can’t bring myself to care ceramics are a dead end load up with steel swiftly and only good for touchups unless cleaned with barkeepers friend frequently.

I own both and honestly would not buy again.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Evil,

We're tooling the base now. We'll remake the Duckfoot in CBN. Tooling for the Golden Stone is very dear. A base made more sense.

sal
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Glad to hear the base is still going to be made. And I do plan to buy a CBN duckfoot to go with my current one, just to compare. Though just like my knife affliction (I have somewhere around 400 Spyderco knives now) I am finding I also have an addiction to sharpening products. I haven't even got around to taking my Gauntlet out of the box yet, but still looking at getting other sharpeners to add :).
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Why wait? I made a 30 degree base for my Duckfoot out of a block of wood years ago. It's not rocket science. It required a bit of tweaking to make it fit the Goldenstone as well, but not much.

Will the CBN Duckfoot be coarser or finer than the diamond version, or will it be the same grit? I still have my backup Duckfoot, but it wouldn't hurt to have another.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

This is very encouraging. I always look forward to any new Sharpening Tools made by Spyderco. Also I wish they would consider an Ultra-Fine version and a medium gray version of the GOLDENSTONE. That would make an awesome set of portable sharpening tools.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Any idea when the CBN Duckfoot will become available. My old diamond Duckfoot is just about completely worn out.

And what could I do with my old diamond Duckfoot?

It is a shame that the GOLDENSTONE doesn't have more fans than it does so far.