Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gunmike1

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by gunmike1 »

I called Blade HQ and was told that the winners started being reached out to by Blade HQ yesterday. So if you haven’t heard then you were not picked. If I recall I think the lottery said that you have 2 days to claim it, so I’d imagine if some knives are claimed a few people will get the chance to grab one, but I’d imagine that would be a slim chance. I’m glad I just happened to be checking National Knives within seconds of them going live.
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

gunmike1 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:30 pm
I called Blade HQ and was told that the winners started being reached out to by Blade HQ yesterday. So if you haven’t heard then you were not picked. If I recall I think the lottery said that you have 2 days to claim it, so I’d imagine if some knives are claimed a few people will get the chance to grab one, but I’d imagine that would be a slim chance. I’m glad I just happened to be checking National Knives within seconds of them going live.
Thanks for the update. Since things aren’t looking promising for me I’m going to look at the Native in cw.

My fingers are still crossed an eventual run of a Shaman in cw with blue or green micarta make it.
anycal

Post by anycal »

No luck here either. Like SG said, first time I was not able to get a knife I wanted. Spent more time trying then any other.
🤷‍♂️
Peter
Brackish

Post by Brackish »

I know this sounds crazy, but my brother had one show up at his house today. It was addressed to him, but the return address was a fake (no house there), and it was shipped from a completely different state than listed on the return address. So, hold onto your hope...you never know.
Spydiechef, Dragonfly Salt 2, Native 5 Salt, Native 5 Cruwear, and Q-ball (Newest Addition)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Brackish wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:55 pm
I know this sounds crazy, but my brother had one show up at his house today. It was addressed to him, but the return address was a fake (no house there), and it was shipped from a completely different state than listed on the return address. So, hold onto your hope...you never know.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

There's more to this story and I have so many questions!? Like is he into knives? Maybe a surprise gift from a friend/gf?? Maybe he ordered a different knife from ebay and the seller shipped out the wrong one. I've done that a few times as an ebay seller.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Brackish

Post by Brackish »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:21 pm
Brackish wrote:

There's more to this story and I have so many questions!? Like is he into knives? Maybe a surprise gift from a friend/gf?? Maybe he ordered a different knife from ebay and the seller shipped out the wrong one. I've done that a few times as an ebay seller.
He’s definitely into knives. Had a pre-order for the Shaman at multiple places, but none of them have gone through. We have run through the people we know that might have been the culprit. Everyone denies it. There are only 3 of us that knew he was looking for that specific knife. Only other order he has placed was for the Native in Cruwear and it was through a dealer website not eBay.

Real mystery.
Spydiechef, Dragonfly Salt 2, Native 5 Salt, Native 5 Cruwear, and Q-ball (Newest Addition)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Brackish wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:30 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Brackish wrote:

He’s definitely into knives. Had a pre-order for the Shaman at multiple places, but none of them have gone through. We have run through the people we know that might have been the culprit. Everyone denies it. There are only 3 of us that knew he was looking for that specific knife. Only other order he has placed was for the Native in Cruwear and it was through a dealer website not eBay.

Real mystery.

Crazy stuff! Keep us posted on the outcome. I love mysteries like this! Lol.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sounds like a good problem to have!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sakuraba#1

Post by Sakuraba#1 »

I entered on the lottery on a whim and won!
Foundry81

Post by Foundry81 »

Congratulations!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Brackish wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
Brackish wrote:

Real mystery.

Any updates? My guess is a RAOK from a fellow forum/reddit/facebook/ig knife enthusiast??
Slash

Post by Slash »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:23 pm
Brackish wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
Brackish wrote:

Real mystery.

Any updates? My guess is a RAOK from a fellow forum/reddit/facebook/ig knife enthusiast??
Maybe Santa likes the shaman and came early for someone
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

WOW!!! :eek: One, only ONE report of anyone scoring in the CruCarta Shaman BHQ lotto between the two forums! Really?!?!?! :rolleyes:
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:20 pm
WOW!!! :eek: One, only ONE report of anyone scoring in the CruCarta Shaman BHQ lotto between the two forums! Really?!?!?! :rolleyes:
I don't know how many they had for their lottery but you have to consider there a lot of members in the Facebook and Reddit groups that aren't members of either of the two forums you're considering. There's also other forums where Spyderco has a strong following not to mention other social media platforms. So looking at the big I'm not surprised.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This had to be a very small batch considering how few it seems each vendor got.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
attila

Post by attila »

I have sad news...

I called Spyderco to ask about this release, and the SFO guy stated that there were no more in the possession of the Spyderco Factory or Outlet Store.

Therefore, any hopes, dreams, and preorders that haven't been filled will remain so, unless there's a shipment to a dealer in transit somewhere.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

attila wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:21 pm
I have sad news...

I called Spyderco to ask about this release, and the SFO guy stated that there were no more in the possession of the Spyderco Factory or Outlet Store.

Therefore, any hopes, dreams, and preorders that haven't been filled will remain so, unless there's a shipment to a dealer in transit somewhere.
Can't say I'm surprised.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I had been watching the bay and noticed a small surge in available pieces as the blade hq release was unfolding (and with others as well). Got me to wondering how many units get snatched up by retail staff in the market delivery process??? I suspect a number of them do ...

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
jdw

Post by jdw »

I think that it's safe to say that this run disappointed far more loyal Spyderco supporters than it pleased. I never got a even a hint to buy one at MAP even though I was on several sites within seconds of it going live. I would be curious to know how many people on this board actually had the opportunity to buy one at MAP vs how many people tried?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I agree that this run probably caused more frustration than joy. Thankfully Spyderco is responsive and they will be making more. Everybody will be Shamaned out in a year. ;)

If it helps, I got one at MAP plus sales tax with free shipping. Mine is also a user and will be well loved. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?