FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What color FRN would you like to see on the FRN Jester sprint run?

British Racing Green
36
9%
Burgundy
49
13%
Navy Blue
52
14%
Tan
25
7%
Orange
50
13%
Yellow
10
3%
White
41
11%
Purple
22
6%
Gray
19
5%
Glow-in-the-Dark
79
21%
 
Total votes: 383

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby steelcity16 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:11 am

I wish some distributors/dealers would read this thread already and commission a Jester! Instant sell-out
+1

There are three distributor exclusives now that this could be part of that would sell out easily. Any of these would be good choice and I would buy all three.

Glow the Dark VG-10 (Delica)
Gray Cruwear (Delica)
Teal S30V (Dragonfly)

I also think that Spyderco themselves should throw the Jester into the next Seki sprint series (Navy K390??) in lieu of the slower selling meerkat and/or manbug.
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7103
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Spydergirl88 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:36 am

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:11 am

I wish some distributors/dealers would read this thread already and commission a Jester! Instant sell-out
+1

There are three distributor exclusives now that this could be part of that would sell out easily. Any of these would be good choice and I would buy all three.

Glow the Dark VG-10 (Delica)
Gray Cruwear (Delica)
Teal S30V (Dragonfly)

I also think that Spyderco themselves should throw the Jester into the next Seki sprint series (Navy K390??) in lieu of the slower selling meerkat and/or manbug.
Also it uses the same scales as the Ladybug... They would already have the scales made if they produce a typical seki frn sprint run. I don't see the 2 recent meerkats as selling that well but maybe I'm wrong

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Larry_Mott » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 am

Please God (and Sal) don't make it gaudy GITD :O that's a instant dealbreaker to me.
(Voted Burgundy for the record)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
T_MAC686
Member
Posts: 353
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby T_MAC686 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:31 am

I voted burgundy or navy but at this point I will likely try to buy anything the come out with so I can get a Jester. Would like to see it come in FFG SE VG-10 or LC200N with torx pivot.

User avatar
jabba359
Member
Posts: 4869
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA U.S.A. Earth
Contact:

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby jabba359 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 am
Please God (and Sal) don't make it gaudy GITD :O that's a instant dealbreaker to me.
(Voted Burgundy for the record)
GITD looks to be almost white, so you could dye it any color you want.
-Kyle

:spyder:
Latest arrivals: DLC M4 Shaman, Opus, Q Ball

http://www.spydiewiki.com

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2695
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Mushroom » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:28 pm

jabba359 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:25 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 am
Please God (and Sal) don't make it gaudy GITD :O that's a instant dealbreaker to me.
(Voted Burgundy for the record)
GITD looks to be almost white, so you could dye it any color you want.
I wonder if it would retain any of the glow in the dark properties after being dyed.
- Nick

:spyder:

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7103
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Spydergirl88 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 am
Please God (and Sal) don't make it gaudy GITD :O that's a instant dealbreaker to me.
(Voted Burgundy for the record)
Only use it during the day and you can pretend its ivory frn lol

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Larry_Mott » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:37 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:29 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 am
Please God (and Sal) don't make it gaudy GITD :O that's a instant dealbreaker to me.
(Voted Burgundy for the record)
Only use it during the day and you can pretend its ivory frn lol
I'll know it, that's bad enough :) And a bit like Cinderella in reverse i must keep it in darkness during the day so it won't look like something from Toys-R-Us in the dark.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Larry_Mott » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:28 pm
jabba359 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:25 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 am
Please God (and Sal) don't make it gaudy GITD :O that's a instant dealbreaker to me.
(Voted Burgundy for the record)
GITD looks to be almost white, so you could dye it any color you want.
I wonder if it would retain any of the glow in the dark properties after being dyed.
Hopefully not. You could always tar and feather it :D
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby steelcity16 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:47 pm

T_MAC686 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:31 am
I voted burgundy or navy but at this point I will likely try to buy anything the come out with so I can get a Jester. Would like to see it come in FFG SE VG-10 or LC200N with torx pivot.

Good point on the torx screws. Screw construction should be standard on all models these days.
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
araneae
Member
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: A lil more south of the Erie shore, Ohio

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby araneae » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:39 pm

5 years later we're still waiting.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Just got:Rex 45 Para 3 LTWT, Harrier 2 LTWT

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby steelcity16 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:22 pm

araneae wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:39 pm

5 years later we're still waiting.

I'm starting to think it is a profit margin thing with the dealers for why we don't see many exclusives in the cheaper models. Assuming a roughly 10% profit margin, they can profit $21 each on 1,200 Shamans or $6 each on 1,200 Jesters. Those numbers are entirely made up of course, but in this example that is an $18K difference in PROFIT...for one day (usually).

Our only hope may be for Spyderco to include it in the future runs of Seki Sprints (Navy K390?).
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

Monty
Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am
Location: South of DC

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Monty » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 pm

2020 wishlist: Any SE Jester. H1 preferred of course 😁

User avatar
jabba359
Member
Posts: 4869
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA U.S.A. Earth
Contact:

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby jabba359 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:39 pm

I wouldn't complain one bit if the next reveal had a Jester in it... :cool:
-Kyle

:spyder:
Latest arrivals: DLC M4 Shaman, Opus, Q Ball

http://www.spydiewiki.com

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 1179
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby jdw » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:55 pm

K390 Jester possibly?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby steelcity16 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:10 pm

jdw wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:55 pm
K390 Jester possibly?

Definitely need a Jester in this K390 Sprint Series
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Sumdumguy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Honestly, I'd rather have FFG SE LC200N.

...but I'd take anything!

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby steelcity16 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:56 pm
Honestly, I'd rather have FFG SE LC200N.

...but I'd take anything!

Yep! And I'd rather have Cruwear, but beggars can't be choosers so I'll take anything as well! K390 seemed most likely with this Sprint series coming up.
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
Albatross
Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Albatross » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:17 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:39 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:56 pm
Honestly, I'd rather have FFG SE LC200N.

...but I'd take anything!

Yep! And I'd rather have Cruwear, but beggars can't be choosers so I'll take anything as well! K390 seemed most likely with this Sprint series coming up.
This might help grease the wheels.
sal wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:27 am
It was decided that the K390 Endura family series will NOT be a Sprint, but regular "In-the-line" models.

sal
sal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

...But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of "deigning in the dark"...

sal

User avatar
Mini2white
Member
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:26 pm
Location: Australia

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Postby Mini2white » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:03 pm

Albatross wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:17 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:39 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:56 pm
Honestly, I'd rather have FFG SE LC200N.

...but I'd take anything!

Yep! And I'd rather have Cruwear, but beggars can't be choosers so I'll take anything as well! K390 seemed most likely with this Sprint series coming up.
This might help grease the wheels.
sal wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:27 am
It was decided that the K390 Endura family series will NOT be a Sprint, but regular "In-the-line" models.

sal
I'd be in for a regular run K390 jester hint hint.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cambertree, Cl1ff, Google [Bot] and 23 guests