Request

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pelagic

Request

Post by Pelagic »

Imagepicupload

Switch back to the pre-CQI squared off pocket clips on the Military. As you can see I saved an older clip and put it on this CQI s110v military. These clips are thicker and stiffer, less likely to get snagged by something and bent. I think they look better too.

Is this possible? Am I the only person that thinks this clip is noticeably better? Did some people not even notice this?

Those who have both pre and post CQI militaries, test the flex on each one and let me know what you think.

The clip is the main reason I lose knives. The stiffer the better. This is honestly the only CQI change I've ever considered a downgrade.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
ZrowsN1s

Re: Request

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Casey Lynch just announced a titanium deep carry for the Millie. Another option for those that don't like the stock clip.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
sok

Post by sok »

I pulled out a non-CQI Military and a CQI variant and could see no difference so far as thickness of steel. I took my fingernail and raised the clips away from the scales and if anything the CQI clip seems stouter. It may be that you need to remove the clip and bend it a bit to regain tension.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

sok wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:20 am
I pulled out a non-CQI Military and a CQI variant and could see no difference so far as thickness of steel. I took my fingernail and raised the clips away from the scales and if anything the CQI clip seems stouter. It may be that you need to remove the clip and bend it a bit to regain tension.
This clip was from a BBS s90v military. I've compared it to at least 5 CQI clips since then. It's thicker and stiffer, all day long. Maybe there was varying thickness of the non-CQI clips.
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
sok

Post by sok »

I took another look and my old eyes can’t see much difference. Coincidentally, my BBS Smurf Blue Millie is what I used. I took a pic and blew it up. The non-CQI clip does appear to be a little thicker with my examples.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Yep, that's about what I'm seeing. Nothing groundbreaking, just visually thicker. Never had one get bent outward on me after getting caught on something. With post cqi clips I've had it happen a few times. Perhaps the end is shaped in a way that prevents snags as well? It may not get bend outward quite as much IIRC.
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Never noticed a difference. Have you tried taking the clip off and bending it a bit so it clips harder?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:07 am
Never noticed a difference. Have you tried taking the clip off and bending it a bit so it clips harder?
I do that whenever one gets bent after snagging on something, but if there's no problem I just leave it be.
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?