Re: Spydercos beginnings

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

sal wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:00 pm
Hi JD,

We're working on something.

sal
A new Spyderco story book, even a re-release, would make my Christmas list.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Amen sir!!
sal wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:27 pm
Hey Brooklyn,

Welcome to our forum (I was born in Brooklyn).

FYI, when Gail and I began Spyderco, we were homeless, living in a 1955 International step van (with our 2 yr old daughter) that was a bread delivery truck that we converted to a motor home. We towed a VW beetle behind the truck with our equipment. We built our product in campgrounds and sold them in local fairs and show. America is a great country.

sal
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

sal wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:00 pm
Hi JD,

We're working on something.

sal
I'm just elated to hear that Mr. Glesser :) I hope it will be available in hardcover just like the first one was. I was recently offered $250 for my copy and I won't sell it for any amount Unless it got way up in the stratosphere. I browse through that "Spyderco Story" at least once a month or thereabout.

I would just love to meet that author Kenneth Delavigne and chat with him if he's still with us. I've often wondered if he was one of your employees?

But he sure did an excellent job of detailing the origins of Spyderco. I also hope that in the new book there will be a good section on the evolution of your great sharpening equipment too. That is truly excellent news :)