Wal Mart Ammo

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Wal Mart Ammo

Post by MacLaren »

Just scored 1,000 rds of .223 for 26.6 cents per round. That does include tax. They currently have 55 gr .223 priced at .25 cents per round, in my neck of the woods. ($266.88) They said it would come down even further in a couple of weeks, provided any is left over. Better grab your ammo at Wal Mart while ya can..
Last edited by MacLaren on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Wal Mart Ammo

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have been buying those same boxes for $30 in a tax free state so they are 30 cents per round. Were they on sale or was that regular price? My gun actually shoots those very well so I may stock up.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:13 am
I have been buying those same boxes for $30 in a tax free state so they are 30 cents per round. Were they on sale or was that regular price? My gun actually shoots those very well so I may stock up.
No sir. They were .30 per round
But, as stated above, these were on clearance, and will be marked down even further in a couple weeks :D
It was funny, as soon as I got to the ammo behind the counter, they were just starting to mark them down.
Edit** I apologize, I thought I had mentioned that was a clearance price in the first post. I didnt.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Also, she told me they had a heckuva lot more in the back of the store. So, this may wind being an all time score on .223 in another couple weeks :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Over the years I've always had really good luck with Federal ammo. The past 3 years or so I've been using Federal Premium Ammo for my .270 Handi Rifle. The results have been great.

A good friend of mine from years back is a trap & skeet shooter and a really good one too>> he only uses Federal shot gun shells. The 55 grain bullet is pretty standard for the .223 Rem cartridge. I use to hand load mine with 63 grain Sierra soft point and believe it or not it was great for whitetail deer.

I would get all of them I could while I could. Because all the sick anti-gun people are always at work unfortunately.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:21 am
Over the years I've always had really good luck with Federal ammo. The past 3 years or so I've been using Federal Premium Ammo for my .270 Handi Rifle. The results have been great.

A good friend of mine from years back is a trap & skeet shooter and a really good one too>> he only uses Federal shot gun shells. The 55 grain bullet is pretty standard for the .223 Rem cartridge. I use to hand load mine with 63 grain Sierra soft point and believe it or not it was great for whitetail deer.

I would get all of them I could while I could. Because all the sick anti-gun people are always at work unfortunately.
I totally agree JD. I've always liked Federal. Always shoots really well for me. I also love it in my big gun too, ( 300 wsm ) and 308
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

My old 270 Win Roger would put Federal 100gr into an extremely tight group at 300 yards. Federal makes good stuff.

What I’m trying to wrap my head around is the high cost of that .223 ammo. I guess ammunition has gone up in price the last number of years.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Nothing wrong with FED ammo.

I have used it all over the years, REM, FED, WIN, HORN, PPC, WBY etc.

Currently have REM and FED 12 Gauge ammo.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

That's a really good price. As much as I vowed to never set foot in one of those stores, I might have to check it out.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I always buy their cheap Federal 9mm. For a while it was Perfecta but I think Federal muscled them out and lowered their price because everyone bought the Perfecta for range ammo.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:29 am
I always buy their cheap Federal 9mm. For a while it was Perfecta but I think Federal muscled them out and lowered their price because everyone bought the Perfecta for range ammo.

Good for stockpiling too...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:32 am
My old 270 Win Roger would put Federal 100gr into an extremely tight group at 300 yards. Federal makes good stuff.

What I’m trying to wrap my head around is the high cost of that .223 ammo. I guess ammunition has gone up in price the last number of years.
Lol, the high cost of that .223 ammo???
Are you for real?
.25 cents per round is dirt cheap.
The last time you must bought it must've been the 60's???
Seriously....
****, ammo in general is the lowest it's been in a long time.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:35 pm
Doc Dan wrote:

Are you for real?
Seriously....
No, I sold my AR in 2011 and it was 19 cents a round for Winchester white box.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 am
Just scored 1,000 rds
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Bloke wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:26 am
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 am
Just scored 1,000 rds

This reminded me of this bit of awesomeness..(language warning)

https://youtu.be/kPGdkCvm1rs
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:17 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:35 pm
Doc Dan wrote:

Are you for real?
Seriously....
No, I sold my AR in 2011 and it was 19 cents a round for Winchester white box.
Wow. I apologize. Didnt realize that.
bearfacedkiller

2011 was the heart of the ammo shortage. You couldn’t even buy .223 ammo where I was living then. I couldn’t find most calibers anywhere. It even got hard to buy primers! If someone was buying .223 for 19 cents at that point they were lucky. That was about what it cost before the shortage though. Unfortunately the prices have never come back down. Once they figured out that we would pay more why would they lower them?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:24 am
2011 was the heart of the ammo shortage. You couldn’t even buy .223 ammo where I was living then. I couldn’t find most calibers anywhere. It even got hard to buy primers! If someone was buying .223 for 19 cents at that point they were lucky. That was about what it cost before the shortage though. Unfortunately the prices have never come back down. Once they figured out that we would pay more why would they lower them?

I stopped shooting basically in 1995 when things were still pretty cheap.

I also loaded MOST of my own ammo too.
bearfacedkiller

I load most of mine as well so I weathered the shortage pretty well. I am also an ammo hoarder. :)
-Darby
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:28 am
I load most of mine as well so I weathered the shortage pretty well. I am also an ammo hoarder. :)

The only thing I have now is a Shotgun and plenty of ammo. ;)