Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
blues

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Post by blues »

Sweet image, abbazaba!
- Retired from the chase -
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

abbazaba wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:06 am
KW + KW =
/img]
Whoa :spyder:
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

All these pics really makes me want to own a Millie........but I think if I really going to buy one, it is going to be a sprint run in some steel that I don´t have......so waiting here it comes.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
blues

Post by blues »

Pancake wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:09 am
All these pics really makes me want to own a Millie........but I think if I really going to buy one, it is going to be a sprint run in some steel that I don´t have......so waiting here it comes.
Think you'll be pleasantly surprised by just how functional and well designed the Military is.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

blues wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am
Think you'll be pleasantly surprised by just how functional and well designed the Military is.
When you refine something for 20+ years it will be very functional....only the damm linerlock....but maybe I could swallow that fact somehow.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm carrying mine today, working with the Spyderco warranty/repair team on getting some new pivot screws. I started the day carrying it in my back pocket, I've now switched it to my front right pocket and I'm surprised that it doesn't feel huge and bulky. Definitely a very slim and light weight knife for the size of it. Taking me some time to get used to the tip down carry though, especially when putting it back in my pocket.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
blues

Post by blues »

Well, my new KW 204P Military arrived today. Great companion to the Ti/CF S90V model received a few days back.

Will be carrying these two for the next few days to get acquainted.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Update-

I got home from work today, and there was a package from Spyderco in my mailbox...2 new pivot screws at no charge! I'm sure they dont cost much, but still greatly appreciated as this wasn't their fault.

There was only email contact, so I'm not sure who to personally thank. But Sal, Kristi or Michael...if you see this, let the warranty department know that Rick, from Syracuse NY greatly appreciates the kind gesture :) I will try to reach out myself as well!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
blues

Post by blues »

Good stuff!!!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:53 pm
Update-

I got home from work today, and there was a package from Spyderco in my mailbox...2 new pivot screws at no charge! I'm sure they dont cost much, but still greatly appreciated as this wasn't their fault.

There was only email contact, so I'm not sure who to personally thank. But Sal, Kristi or Michael...if you see this, let the warranty department know that Rick, from Syracuse NY greatly appreciates the kind gesture :) I will try to reach out myself as well!
Better than Buck! Forever Warranty? We will see thus far not impressed!

I received a phone call from them today over a Buck 110 Lochsa that set me back $240.00 I sent it in for warranty repair it is a collectors item only 500 were made it features G10, S30V blade and a pocket clip with thumb studs and nickel silver bolsters. I sent it in because you could see daylight through the back of the knife with knife deployed and the action was gritty opening and closing.

To my astonishment they said the person looking at it said it was fine and there was nothing that needed fixed. I barked I disagree I own several Buck 110's and collect knives predominately Spyderco and not one of them that has a back-lock shows day light through the back of the knife with the blade deployed.

This is clearly incorrect and whomever is saying that does not know what they are talking about. I was then informed that the person said it was impossible to fix. To this I replied are you kidding me? Which is it it is alright or impossible to fix.

Now I was getting hot under the collar and said look I spent over $240.00 for this collectors item how the heck it ever got out of the factory past Quality Control in the first place as a limited run of only 500 is not only shameful but incredible hard to believe.

I do not appreciate what I am hearing and am extremely upset I trusted Buck's forever warranty otherwise I would have returned this to the seller as a defective item. Is the Buck Forever warranty a real thing? At this point I don't know tell me is it? I was then told they would have to discuss this with Management and get back with me. I was also told they would have to rebuild the knife since it was an advanced model.

I said yes please do have Management call me this is unacceptable.

That was the end of the conversation. I have not heard from anyone today after the mid day call.

I can say this much I know Spyderco would never try to pull this shady handling on me.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

Pancake wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:33 am
blues wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am
When you refine something for 20+ years it will be very functional....only the damm linerlock....but maybe I could swallow that fact somehow.
I've carried the Military since they came out in ATS34. Linerlock isn't an issue, it is a great feature of the knife. I EDC them in left and right hand versions depending on my decisions for the day.

Give it a try, even borrow one if you can.